The majority doesn't like 222

So we punish the whole community instead?

Flexing isn’t the act of swapping mid game. Flexing is the act of being able to play different roles and not locking yourself to only one, or only one character. You can still flex, you just can’t swap mid game.

I think we can agree to disagree on the basic meaning of words. Being locked for an entire match != flexing, in my book. It is ridiculous to equate the two.

As much as I don’t like 2/2/2, that is a bit of a stretch.

True, most anti dps threads are made by “holier than thou” tanks/supports who get a REDACTED for crapping on dps queue time and overall enjoyment. Heck, those that leaves the game frequently on my side happens to be either Tanks or Supports!

But it doesn’t mean that your stats are correct. It is true that there are a lot of dps and hybrid players, but there aren’t any actual stats we can get for the calculation.

You can think whatever you want, but at no point has it ever been said that you need to be able to switch roles mid match in order to flex.

Sure. Staying locked to a role for an entire 3 match game is flexing. Whatever you say.

Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t realize that three matches was every game you play, and that outside of those three matches you can never swap out of it. I guess once you select a catagory you’re forever locked into it, and can no longer play anything else, right?

Locked for the duration of a match.

It’s like, if you see a 90 year old in a walker, I would say they are not athletic nor flexible. But you would probably argue how athletic and flexible they are because rigor mortis hasn’t set it yet.

Nice strawman. I can, and have swapped roles between matches while playing just the other day. I played a few matches as DPS, a few as Tank and a few as Support. Pretty much the same thing I used to do before Role Que was enabled, the only difference is that every match was properly balanced and noone was swapping out of their role to another as soon as they thought they could be a better DPS.

Flexing is still very much alive.

You’re acting like swapping mid match is what Flexing is all about, which isn’t remotely true. It was being able to play different roles, and not mainlining one catagory or hero. Flexing means you can play any role.

wow
how tf did you get those numbers?
also, “selfish” tank and supports?
You say your a flex player and so am I
I play dps a lot too
and i’ve really been wanting 222, so please, do the community a favor and make a post when you actually have the numbers please! also come back with a reasonable arguement

Lmao out of touch.

That is the literal definition of ‘flex’. ‘Fill’ slang meant attempting to ‘round out’ the comp after people dialed in.

Flexing across roles >> Flexing within a role. Potential to be more enjoyable, more challenging, more effective.

No one ever said ‘hey guys im going to flex between hanzo and widow’. lol.

RIP Flex.

3 Likes

Bump. Is it settled yet? Did our data-free arguments win any support?

I am a flex player. I like role queue. Now I can enjoy a variety of roles instead of getting stuck playing a shield tank for five matches in a row.
And I know a lot of DPS players who like role queue. For them, wait times are a small price to pay for not having to fight for their role, and for having teammates who actually want to heal and protect them.

Maybe just cut the self-persecution and realize that this is a situation with pros and cons for everybody. Blizzard didn’t do this to punish DPS players, they did it to ensure better quality matches.

1 Like

a majority refers to OP’s title - that most people hate 2-2-2.

Comprehension101. Next.

I guess you have some sort of numbers as well to tell if his numbers are wrong? Please make a post with your numbers to prove OP’s wrong.

That’s what you should’ve done before role lock: find a team and SUDDENLY 5 DPS matches are gone. But no, thanks to your cries you forced other players to do that instead. Looks like really selfish to me.

?? read his last ‘paragraph’ he implies he’s gonna leave the game if it doesn’t get reverted. I applauded that decision. What is logic

You all know that the mornings have shorter que times for dps right? right now for me its 4 mins for dps, 3 for tank, and 2 for heals

Mornings are for sleep or work, not everyone has the luxury of having free mornings.

1 Like

Great solution dude, you’re a genius! Let’s play on the mornings! From now on I’ll be setting my alarm to 5:30 AM just to play couple of matches as DPS!

1 Like