The latest Mercy nerf is the most disgusting of all for me

You may not know this, but Mercy’s healing per second wasn’t always 60. From Overwatch’s beta to the September 1st 2016 patch, it was 50, before being increased to 60 with the following comment :

Mercy’s healing is also getting a boost to solidify her role as a strong, single-target healer.

The devs considered that Mercy’s 50hps was too weak for the single-target healer that she is. And now, it’s back, despite 60hps not being a problem.

What does it mean ?

It means that Rez on a cooldown is so overpowered that the devs are purposely making some parts of Mercy’s kit weak just as an attempt to balance the whole thing out, without of course changing Rez because “muh successful rework”.

The game’s balance has actually been getting pretty decent recently, but when it comes to Mercy, it’s an absolute joke.

149 Likes

At this point, as a Mercy player, I think of Thor’s quote in Infinity War: “…what more have I got to lose…” (weak fake smile)

44 Likes

Place your bets folks. Next nerf, next nerf what will you be?

• Mobility
  • Self Healing
  • Damage boost

Anything but the resurrect!!!

53 Likes

I lost every single tear drop of faith in the balance team. I was hella mad, now I am disappointed and moved from Mercy to Moira

19 Likes

Mobility.

2 Likes

They will nerf her walking speed from 5.5 to 3 meters per second, mark my words.

7 Likes

I think they will put GA on 4-5 sec CD and nerf her regen to take 3 sec.

Mmmm, does that mean while ressing she will walk with 0.75 m/s? That is quite literally immovable. And what if she is targeted by symm turrets? will she have negative movespeed XD

6 Likes

So because rez, a completely different ability, is in its current state, something else has to be nerfed?

This is the biggest leap in logic of “what does it mean” i’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

This rework is not succesful. If you have to quite literally kill every aspect of a hero’s kit to balance 1 ability, then you have failed. Mass res needs to come back. Just take away the invulnerability given to Mercy and give her Rein-like cast time (0.6 sec)in which she cant do anything but move and done. Has counterplay and is fun. Right now her kit has A LOT of counterplay but is also the most unfun and underpowered shiit ever

32 Likes

It’s mobility.
You have to put an effort to kill a support? Now that’s too much! NERF PLS!

14 Likes

How many times do the developers have to say it before you guys accept it?

It’s. Not. Coming. Back.

7 Likes

Thank god the devs haven’t said it yet :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

They have actually. Quite a few times.

1 Like

They haven’t.

They definetly haven’t.

8 Likes

Here you are.

12 Likes

I’ll stick by what I’ve already said and let you figure out how useless that quote is.

1 Like

I’m not interested in whatever you’re doing.

You’ve never, not once, been able to have a civil discussion on the forums with someone who disagrees with you with proof to back it up.

I’m done responding to you.

12 Likes

forget mass-rez for a second, and focus on just getting Mercy out of this crap rework lol

4 Likes

It’s literally a Dev saying exactly that. He is saying a revert is not going to happen.

You chose to close the eyes.

2 Likes

And you always seem to leave debates when proven wrong. I remember you linking the same quote and when disproved, the replies suddenly stop.

Get over it.

7 Likes