Reapers hide then ult to kill 4-6 people is unfun to play against. Can we do something about that?

But they did listen and even commented about it.
It’s just not the answer some mercy mains wanted to hear.
“No, we will not revert her” is also an answer.

And I do think they care about a hero being fun to play. Otherwise did they not added the bunnyhop to Mercy’s kit, which started as a bug. It’s just the the overall game balance is more important than a hero being fun to play. Mass rez had it’s problems and they have chosen to remove it.

But if a hero needs a lot of nerfs to improve the overall game balance, then the rework was a massive failure. I too think Mercy 1.0 was more balanced, but she would definitely need some adjustments to her ultimate. But I don’t think we will ever see mass rez return.

Also, Mercy has the biggest playerbase. I don’t consider it strange that there are a lot of threads about Mercy.

1 Like

There is more than just “kill the Mercy”

• A D.va Bomb set off as she is rezing. It blows up as the invulnerbility wears off instantly killing those she just rezed, aside from maybe a rein or orisa who were able to use their shield
  • Noon that is locking on during the invul. time period
  • Deathblossom just as the invul wears off.
  • Rein’s Hammer down as the invul wears off.
  • Now we have Hammond who’s ult could also be considered to be a counter to mass rez if it was still iterated because they would just blow the people up once they could move.

Yes in all of these scenarios Mercy got her ult off, but the people she just rez’ed are just as dead as they were before she rez’ed them. The fight then becomes a mind game like it is with Zen’s trans. I have had many games where the enemy Reaper or Genji either killed me themselves, or stood right under me and pressed Q as my Q finished because it was either Transcendence then and hope we kill the Reaper in that 8 seconds, or lose the point.

2 Likes

The most substance we have gotten from the developers regarding the state of Mercy is commentary on patch notes. Otherwise, I only recall a short message a long time ago saying that they were reading our feedback daily. That was a nice gesture, except the part where it was originally posted to a separate thread instead of directly into the Mercy megathread that the devs were actually supposed to be reading. Like everything else in the megathread, it was buried in minutes and most people never actually saw it.

Since then, we’ve been given nothing to show that they are actually reading feedback, because the majority of the feedback has quite clearly stated that Mercy needs another significant rework. People only disagree on exactly what rework (or revert) is best. Instead of making significant changes, they have resorted to nerfing Mercy’s healing by an inexplicably large amount, making her even less fun to play.

We need more than just one token response in a whole year of Mercy madness. We need an open dialogue with the devs about why they have done what they’ve done, some acknowledgement of specific suggestions made by the Mercy players, and some reasoning to help us understand why they have not taken at least one of these many rework suggestions and put it to good use.

Good point.
But these things also counter Reaper’s ultimate, doesn’t it?

Mercy’s ultimate can be countered before and after her ultimate.
Reaper’s ultimate can be countered before, during and after her ultimate.

The best solution would be to make Mercy’s mass rez counterable during the rez, but they have chosen for a rework instead. And they have already stated that Mercy will not get a rework, so we are stuck with the current Mercy.
A second rework could work, but right now are there other heroes who needs attention first.

Notice how it wasn’t instentanious? There were 2 seconds for people to react (the time in which it takes to kill a 200 HP hero) and they had Genji. Genji could have reflected it, but didn’t because he was distracted (because Reaper’s team was still alive, he didn’t wait 'till they were dead). They were focused on the D.va when he ulted.

Here you go:

We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she’s not in a horrible place or unplayable.

But I’d like to put the notion that Mercy is going to be reverted to rest.

And I could be mistaken about this, but I believe they have said it in streams as well.

Edit: Don’t attack the messenger.

2 Likes

reapers underpowered trash even when mercy had mass rez she was better then reaper not that their comparable lmao

Oof.

Big hit to the argument there. Bravo.

Meanwhile, you’re still here spamming about reaper.

Reaper’s not trash. If he was trash, he’d be where Sombra has been for the past few months at all ranks on average.

in gm sombras picked more then him in masters hes picked 0.7 times more in diamond hes picked less then 1% more

are you ever actually going to play ow sprinkles i mean you have less then 5 minutes on 75% of the entire roster

also this is a thread literally talking about reaper lmfao your definition of spam is just wrong

As I recall, the ‘we don’t feel like Mercy needs changes right now’ was in response to someone requesting further nerfs, not in response to Mercy mains complaining that the hero isn’t fun.

The next two quotes are from the same post as each other. And that’s from a looooong time ago. And if their words have as much meaning there as they did when they said ‘we don’t feel like Mercy needs changes’, then expect them to change their minds.

In streams, I recall Goodman laughing a bit when he was asked if Mercy was going to get nerfed again. I took the laughter at the time to mean he thought the idea of nerfing her yet again was absurd given the rest of his response, but with the healing nerf on the live patch now, maybe I was mistaken? Or maybe time passed and he changed his mind.

Time continues to pass. Blizzard keeps changing their minds, but they’re not telling us when they do or why they did unless you count the patch notes. And the patch notes don’t even make sense, claiming that Mercy is supposed to be the go-to pick for pure healing power and then nerfing her healing so much that Moira beats her at her own game.

I have yet to see anything that shows me that Blizzard understands what they even need to do with Mercy, and I’m fairly certain that’s the same reason why so many other people are upset about the same thing.

I mean as a former Mercy player, and someone who was getting the hang of unleashing dragonstrike through at least 2-3 enemies as the Mercy rez’ed them to get them to either be injured or killed, killing someone just as the invul wears off is just as good as stunning a Reaper out of blossom.

The Rez will literally do nothing. There have been many times while on both sides of the rez where I heard “Nerf This” followed right after the “Helden sterben nicht!” and as both the Mercy and the one being rez’ed my response was simply “welp” because as I was just able to move, I was dead. I got maybe 1 step out before I was dead again. The ult literally just stalled the game for a full second.

What needed to be done instead was reduce some of the ease Mercy had with the ult. Make is strict LOS like a Lucio barrier so shields, and walls could block the rez would’ve been my first go-to after getting rid of Mercy’s invulnerability and at the least try replacing it with a damage reduction so she could still die.

Adding a cast time to rez would be on the things I personally would’ve tested but at the end of the day I don’t think I would’ve gotten that far down on the list.

Punctuation please. You’re hard to understand.

You just admitted that ever rank under GM, Reaper is picked more than Sombra. So Reaper is not trash right?

You don’t have proof of this. Unless your other account got banned in which you actually looked at my profile right?

Meanwhile it’s comparing it to Mercy. this thread in its entirity is spam.

You’re throwing out useless arguments and just making yourself look like you have none. Your main argument is

Even when there’s no real proof of that. So please, pick a new argument and don’t be toxic.

actually you do have less then 5 minutes on 75% of the roster but you have a private profile account i guess youre scared or something :man_shrugging: not sure why youre complaining about me talking about reaper on a thread that like you alrdy said was about spam, i also said reapers barley picked more then sombra at all and you love to talk about how trash sombra is and how great reaper is but if reapers barely picked more then sombr a at all one of those has to be wrong and i know you aren’t going to say sombras good so if his pickrate is comparable to sombra does that mean gasp hes not great

srry you cant understand what im saying i know you get confused easily

It’s extremely petty to throw around playtime on someone to “prove” an point to be null. It’s almost as if I own this game and I can make an opinion on a hero if I want to.

It’s amazing to me how blind you’re being here.

It’s almost as if, your other accounts were banned from the forums for toxicity right?

How about this? Get off someone else’s account as it’s clearly against CoC, ToS, and EULA. Fight on your own profile. So we can see your stats.

Stop hiding behind the fact you’re using someone else profile. Yes, you did admit it. Yes, I do have screen shots. Yes, you are a troll just looking to start fights with people who disagree with you.

Yes you are “NordBigD”. Yes You are “DrDraken”. Yes you are “WildWolf”. Yes, all of those have been shut down as they’re fake. They’re fraud.

If you can’t even have a civil discussion and haven’t learned your lesson after this many accounts, there’s no reason you should be here at all.

4 Likes

Is a revert or a rework not changes as well?
Well, they don’t think she need changes.

It’s from February 8.
I don’t consider that a looooong time ago tbh.

You’re right about that. They do keep changing their minds.
In a developer update did Jeff say that Mei was balanced and yet did she received a longer slow time, piercing freeze and no falloff damage.

Who knows. They might think Mercy does need changes now.

But to be honest, I don’t think she should get changes now. There are heroes who are in a bigger need of changes. Let Mercy rest for once.

I thought Mercy mains were upset because their most liked character keep getting changes over and over again. Seeing your favorite character getting worse and worse must feel terrible. And other players are upset because Mercy was the required hero in all team compositions and because of the many threads about her.

The developers already stated that Mercy should be the go-to main healer, but they also seem to think that she is too viable compared to other healers, so they keep toning her down and buffing the other healers.

1 Like

you you just said ‘‘your other accoutns were banned from the forums’’ then ‘‘fight on your own profile’’ lmfao :thinking: yeah you own the game but you haven’t played it in months and you barely played it at all b4 then so your opinion doesent add up to much i guess someone who only played qp and even then for barely any time might think a terrible hero is good because well they have something in common with a terrible hero

This. Death Blossom is pretty much feast or famine unless you are bubbled or nano’d.

1 Like

So you’re saying the sollution is to give Mass rez the limitations it deserves like LOS ( well i’d rather it require melee rangeo on a soul cus I know how buggy line of sight can be epecially with lag and mercy flying.) and maybe a cast time or something?

Sure let’s do that, then we give Mercy the buffs she actually needed insttead of that god awful Invuln buff.

nah tbh its medicore feast or famine because you cant even kill most full health tanks with it lmao