The Incoming D.Va PTR Buff is probably a Bandaid Again

Aaaand that isn’t a good thing :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure I made calculations back in the day that with the reduced DM, you HAD to burn a booster cooldown immediately in order to DM the hook at max range, cuz otherwise boosters were too slow and dm was too short to block it.

Even with reduced cd though, players still have to react instantly.

You can literally shoot past a matrix if you just hop sideways a little bit or the target is beside dva.

Unless dva stares into your very soul with her matrix, she isn’t blocking anything anymore.

4 Likes

Personally I find the heroes that continually run away when they make a mistake very annoying to go against, dunno how I feel about this buff even knowing how laughable D.Va is these days.

2 Likes

Aw man, and this is one of the last things in her kit that’s been the same since launch. The last bastion is her booster speed and duration. Kinda sad.

And her critbox size hehe :^)

2 Likes

I’m not sure this is a bandaid or is in any substantial way a direct response to her current problems. Seems far more like a byproduct of experimentation that the devs happened to really like so they’re pushing it through.

1 Like

Oh so micro missiles part 2: she’s probably still bad edition

I played dva earlier today on numbani, I’m not going to pretend one match proves a hero is good, but if you’re dying so quickly maybe y’all are using matrix improperly/ wasting the resource???

You can use it not only to save your teammates but also to call attention from your supports for some focus healing while it’s up, even if you need to burn the whole meter while you back into cover. A resource based character can’t be expected to be able to frontline constantly

Ah yes. Because I have a few good games, D.Va is fine. It’s the pros playing her wrong. It’s me playing her wrong. I–

3 Likes

That is the opposite of what I said, but sure dude.
Let’s revert her back to when she had 20m matrix on an 8 second cooldown, no micro missiles, and lets revert hanzo too while we’re at it, so that he can STILL just shoot once into her critbox and then scatter the rest.

(Moral of this is that sometimes the character itself isn’t bad, the gameplay around them is what’s killing them, genji tracer and soldier are great examples of that)

That’s not a revert because it never happened.

Hanzo just needs to be nuked. Storm arrows are just as bursty as scatter, but with half the cheesiness and half the "dive can counter"ability.

1 Like

Hanzo was a throw pick because his arrows dropped like an old man with ED, and his damage was completely RNG, so it made him weak. People complained about scatter, because it was rng and it could one hit kill with minimal aim effort, I agree.

SO THEY PUT IN STORM ARROW :slight_smile:
Voila, his rng damage is gone, replaced by consistent dps, that is admittedly too good at breaking shields, but does it’s job just as intended with everything else.

Also it’s kreizy how a baptiste main will fully deny that his character is strong, but will swear to hell and back that one of the only two characters in the game who can counter you is busted

I’m… Not a Baptiste main.
I’ve thought about it, since D.Va sucks. But I’m not. I think I fooled you with my icon.

But yes, storm arrow is busted. Hanzo counters dive with it.

Scatter was more cheesy, but DM could counter it. Storm arrows can quite easily circumvent DM.

1 Like

I thought she used to knock people back harder in a previous version of her :thinking:

Nah you mentioned wanting previous changes reverted so I was wondering what they were.

1 Like

they need to slightly increase her range on her primary. less spread. and give her 100 more hp on her mech

1 Like

Oh sorry

DM range from 15 to 10 meters, DM cooldown from 1 second to 2 to 1.5, and D.Va can now be knocked back while using boosters. The latter is the worst imo

Hanzo has always been able to kill divers, and even now he can’t do it consistently if you aren’t absolutely braindead while you dive him, butt jump, followed up by bubble dancing. If he just gets away, voila, hanzo is no longer on high ground and if he goes back up repeat above. If you’re on dva, you shouldn’t try to do it alone. Dive wasn’t, isn’t, never was or will be meant to be one tank diving one character and getting that kill every time, that would be a terrible way to play the game.

Even Winston vs genji doesn’t have a guaranteed winner every time, and Winston is considered a genji counter

the problem with 100 more hp is that it’s 100 more hp she’s just likely to feed. It’s a bit more deep-rooted a problem.

2 Likes

yeah you are right. she doesnt have a good way to fend off damage around her

too much of her power budget is put into defense matrix

maybe its time to get rid of defense matrix and make her a well rounded character.

the mech is so clumsy because her whole kit is based around DM

And second life. Meh.

yep that too. thats a gimmick shes useless for basically longer than it takes to spawn.

mostly dead tho