The Incoming D.Va PTR Buff is probably a Bandaid Again

I got a couple minutes, but I’m in bed :stuck_out_tongue:

I suspect I’ll be yoinked for WoW Arenas but I’ll feel some of it out.

1 Like

mei/reaper will still invalidate her + double shields is still better than her

2 Likes

For those of us who are curious but don’t pay much attention to Dva, what exactly are these changes?

As an aside, if Dva becomes zuper zippitty, I don’t think her having super knockback powers is gonna go down well…

He means dva being knocked around like ping pong ball, not dva herself having knockback powers.

At best, dva will become a pest and annoyance people just want gone, but spamming boosters isn’t gonna inherently do anything to help her survive a lot or kill things. But booping people every 3 seconds alongside other boopers like ball and doomfist may make them go crazy.

I’d rather have a useful dva than just annoying dva though. We got enough annoyances in this game.

3 Likes

Alleged booster cooldown reduction up to a 3 second cooldown.

1 Like

I’d say this sounds neat if I didn’t see a Mei in every other game. D.Va will just be a worse Wrecking Ball that has to CC herself up close to the enemy to attack, and then maybe run away constantly. Assuming she’d get the chance to without getting hooked or halted and frozen into an ult charge flavored popsicle.

I guess she could try teaming up with Winston to get in, blast blast through barrier, then get out the moment it shatters. It’s better than nothing, it creates options, but I think people were hoping for more.

1 Like

When is this supposed PTR patch? I’m 1 foot in the grave with this game so I want to see this patch to know if I wanna go full uninstall…

It should be on Live some time before February 8th, so it probably comes out on PTR either January 9th or January 16th.

Are you talking about the bugfix that removed Dva’s knockback resistance while shooting or how Dva can be booped whil flying?

booped while boosting

The knockback changes aren’t bad actually, and are more of a buff because it allowed her booster to get speed boosted, I would say getting 15m matrix back would be better

The knockback changes are absolutely awful. They keep you from working with your DM range.

4 Likes

Or provides potential counterplay to DM so that it isn’t just an ult gobbler, and nothing short of a pin or punch would knock her back far enough to really effect it, and if she’s hit with one of those dm would be canceled anyways

Its so much fun to play against ball and doomfist after knockback patch. =)

1 Like

There’s a million ways to counterplay DM and have been for over two years.

4 Likes

that’s exactly why I think some people might be underestimating how much having booster up more often might help her.

That literally isn’t true since any projectile is just nabbed up unless you’re behind her

Not really, because other types of knockbacks that bother her are on just as short cd as her boosters, so if she tries again, she will be knocked back again and again. :joy:

However she can’t attempt boostign into her enemies infinitely, she’s very fragile.

I have boosters up more often than not when my ally gets hooked. I don’t reach the target with my reduced range. I guess I don’t see how having boosters off CD more often when they’re often already off CD when the problem arises helps?

…Uh huh. Same goes for barriers.

2 Likes