The "hiding mercy" fallacy

They should make it a rule, that if you can’t think for yourself you shouldn’t open new threads.

I welcome you to try lol.
Go ahead, glow for 5 seconds, move in slow motion and get up to 5 kills.

And that, again, is an opinion.

We have statistics showing Mercy with Mass Rez was healthier for the game, so…

Statistics for old builds and balances of the game arent relevant anymore.

1 Like

Watch the dev update again, Jeff talked about how mercy was meant to be a main healer but the players weren’t playing her how they intended by “hiding for Rez.” He said this was the reason for the rework. So not my opinion, Jeff’s.

Anything to fit your narrative, right?

And how does that not align, like, 90% with community sentiment at that time?
You’re doing little to prove me wrong.

1 Like

Nah, i’m a mercy main.

Please, tell me, how do you know mass res will be healthy when we have characters in the game that didnt even exist back then?

We’d have that answer now if the devs had left left her alone

1 Like

I never said it didn’t. Obviously people were complaining about mercy because at the time it was a problem. I don’t believe that blizzard changed mercy solely because people were complaining. Did that play a part in it? Possibly, I don’t know.

We’d all have unicorns if those stupid scientists would get on with their stupid science a bit faster.

Most of the complaints, if I remember, wasnt ressurect itself but it was because of the SR bug exploit that people abused when it came to rez.

Ironically enough, they fixed that bug BEFORE the rework, so we dont really know how it could have gone either way if Rez had stayed for a little bit longer.

1 Like

I still love everyone forgetting that mercy was near-F-tier when mass rez was around, saying she should’ve just been nerfed. SHE WAS NOT A GOOD PICK AT THAT TIME, DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT???

2 Likes

Oh trust me there were plenty of posts complaining about hiding mercy Rezzing and reversing 3ks 4ks 5ks etc.

Pretty sure mass res was removed because it felt really unfair to play against and promoted a boring playstyle. There’s a dev update about it :slight_smile:

You think that just because the community opinion and blizzards were the same that proves they reworked her for OWL? Lmao you sure proved me wrong. When in doubt just blame OWL for everything haha

Because with Hammond and now Torb we have two additional counters to it, should Blizzard fix the invulnerability on Mass Rez, by replacing it with damage resistance and changing the cast so that it occurs at the end of the animation, again.

So you dont know, you’re just guessing.

That’s fine, just dont say “it’d be healthier” when you dont actually know. The meta goes in strange, unpredictable places sometimes.

Given the fact that Mercy wasn’t a balance issue, there was absolutely no reason to even think about reworking her. Blizzard failed their game design course by reworking a character that didn’t need reworking.

1 Like