The Forums are Extra Toxic

People just don’t know how to back off. If you’re still on the forums and doing nothing but complaining or posting negative comments, you really need to re-examine why you’re still here. Go be happy somewhere. This forum is masochism at it’s finest, it seems.

4 Likes

This! I’ve way cut back my forum presence just because of how pointless it seems. Now days I just generally visit my “Unread Topics” once or twice a day. I do not even check new threads unless a friend points it out to me.

Just not worth the stress, headaches, depression, and dismay that is the mess of player toxicity and staff neglect. I will say that Reddit is not much better though, even the hero specific subs.

1 Like

3 failed hero reworks in a freaking row and Almost a year of Mercy being literal cancer for everyone involved both Mercy players and non Mercy players might have something to do with it.

1 Like

How the hell was that a PR Risk, Breast Cancer is over funded compared to other cancers specifically because it’s got such a good PR behind it

1 Like

There are still posts complaining about it.

Threads complaining about it

If blizzard gave a damn about threads complaining about something Mercy would have been reworked into something new long LONG ago.

Breast Cancer is a good PR Move plain and simple just because a few people disgrunteld at the fact a female specific cancer gets more funding then even gender neutral cancers with twice the mortality rate means nothing toit being a good PR move.

1 Like

It’s a pathetic cesspool of entitlement. Rather sad in fact.

Peeps are calling it the prototype paywall.

Blizz have done this all the damn time with pets and crap in other games it was more then calculated risk especially with such a Good PR Ridden Cause

So we’re getting mad at blizzard for giving to charity, now?

1 Like

Never said that, I was responding to a comment about “a PR Risk” and explaining how that is literally the opposite of what they did, there was no risk involved

Now maybe if it was a more controversial charity or something that dosen’t have as much luster then maybe but it was breast cancer not some obscure non sense

I can relate. Nice people gradually turn toxic on this forum because of this. It doesn’t help that the same toxic people are hyperactive on this forum and the nicer ones are silent lurkers. This creates the overall impression that the forum is filled with toxicity.

2 Likes

Some people are just mad at everything all the time. If you ask them, they can always sprout reasons for why they’re mad.

1 Like

It’s the same people complaining about the same things over and over again. I don’t need to name names, we know who they are. Negatives voices are overrepresented atm. The silent majority who enjoy the game are not heard.

I think Jeff might need to come out and make a statement about this. Otherwise, how would we know?

The entitlement mentality: We want perfection now!

I wouldn’t even know what goes into balancing. There are so many variables to tweak. And with each additional hero added, there are even more variables, and what was balanced before is now completely screwed up.

I for one don’t envy the position the devs are in.

2 Likes

Most threads are made from emotional opinions on different subjects in the game.

You cannot talk sense and logic when its an emotional opinion. So it spirals out of control.

1 Like

Part of it is that these forums have always been… a little over the top to say the least.

The other part is that blizzard has been making a lot of changes very quickly these past few months. Whenever blizzard does a little course correction (like making some new characters that make life easier on supports) the fan base creates a negative narrative around it not knowing that other course corrections (dps buffs/ a new technical tank) are right around the corner.

1 Like

Thing is, that’s just overwatch for just this year. I’ve seen how quality had steadily declined in WoW from wrath onwards. I always have Cata a grain of salt because it was a big risk Changing all the original zones. But then pandaland…

Andy let’s not forget about WoD, Blizzard’s now notoriously worst expansion to date. They even were going to take out flying, which bear in mind had been in the game since the second expansion. WoW numbers had once again jumped back to record highs.

Then crashed so badly, for the first time in WoW history, stopped reporting the subs for the game.

This is blizzard we know now.

“Zarya and Genji are in a balanced place right now” - Literally one week later - “We’re nerfing Zarya”.

Why?

Because they only balance according to the pro scene, which I wouldn’t mind (balancing from the top down makes sense), except that the pro scene PLAY ON A DIFFERENT PATCH TO US.

So yeah.

2 Likes