The Balanced Mei Nerf ❄

oof
I’ve been bamboozled. Still though people don’t know how to play against Mei due to the fact this is only the 2nd time she’s been relevant in OW history.

Didn’t they reduced the health of it to encourage players to try destroying it?
Wouldn’t it be better to keep it 400hp?

(To be honest, I don’t want Mei nerfed at all.)

1 Like

Ummm why does Mei suddenly need a nerf? :thinking:

4 Likes

Because the forums demand a blood sacrifice.

11 Likes

The issue is that destroying it doesn’t free your tank currently.

They need to nerf this voiceline combo, it’s too op.

Other than this combo, she seems balanced to me.

9 Likes

It works either way. Having 5 individual pillars at 400 HP makes each one easier to destroy, but the gap created isn’t enough for most players to move though.

Creating 4 individual pillars that takes up the same physical space as 5 means that destroying a pillar at least lets players walk through the gap, and at 500 HP per pillar, the entire wall still has a combined total of 2,000 HP, but only slightly more focus is needed for a payoff.

6 Likes

Because she’s currently becoming Meta for the first time in existence and people don’t like it when things change unless it makes their preferred character more powerful to play as.

4 Likes

With a decent enough Mei you’re pretty much guaranteed to win defense rounds on many maps that have 1 main chokepoint you need to get through in order to get to the point. People underestimate Mei but she’s ridiculously powerful.

3 Likes

This feels good, because it is small and won’t change her much. Knowing blizzard however, Mei will go back to being completely unplayable.

Dude, while I personally don’t think Mei needs a nerf necessarily, this is by far the best nerf idea that I’ve seen. It’s pretty reasonable.

1 Like

Only needing to break one pillar as opposed to two is an enormous nerf to her ice wall, even if you are bumping up the pillar health to 500. Because that’s 300 less damage a team has to do in order to be able to get anyone and everyone through the wall. To put it into raw numbers, you’re asking for a 37.5% nerf to ice wall’s effectiveness.

Given that Mei is already a pretty balanced character and counterplay for her does exist in many different varieties and heroes, I would say that if you’re going to nerf ice wall’s efficacy by such a large margin, you need to give Mei an adequate buff as compensation.

I’d be on board with your idea to reduce the number of pillars, increase the pillar width, and bring the pillar health to 500 if, and only if, she gets a free, instant reload any time she goes into ice block. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve dabbled in mei, and this nerf seems fair

I’ve always liked this idea. It’s kinda silly how fat heroes can’t fit through a single pillar.

1 Like

Mei wall was never a problem, the cc and unavoidable, uncounterable ult (unless you have a great genji or sigma since d.va is unviable) are.

You know who mei really sucks against? Pharah. And with 2-2-2 mei is soaking up a hitscan spot.

Pharah is trash unless you have Mercy to waste another teamslot in high tiers

I’m guessing you meant “doesn’t” . That’s why you’re supposed to go to them, it’s not “here you can escape”, it’s flooding through to support.

Nah her wall isn’t the issue. The issue all around (not just mei) is CC is still OP. CC is necessary but it needs to be nerfed across the board, because dive is complete trash right now and it has been for a long long time. A simple mei ammo reduction is the nerf she needs. Wrecking ball will never be viable if mei can just lock him down consistently. He’s such a bad tank in gm.

Mei cannot consistently lock down a good Wrecking Ball.

He isn’t a bad tank in GM because GM Wrecking Ball players are capable of playing around the Mei.

2 Likes