The Anger Around the PTR Mercy Buffs Explained

People are upset that mercy mains are complaining about a buff.

2 Likes

Mass Res received more buffs than nerfs. When Mercy receives her invulnerability buff was when the problems started. The only thing they did to nerf it was prohibiting Mercy to res on spawn, but that’s it. They went straight with a rework.
They didn’t try to fix it. Not even close to what was needed and could be fixed.

6 Likes

That nerf was necessary. She was outhealinf every support with the least effort and least risk

Saying mercy has been suffering a lot does not imply Bastion hasn’t!

I’d love Bastion to be fixed, he’s been in a poor state for too long.

Did you read the thread? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

Absolutely correct. This is the delusion of rose-tinted glasses.

A “buff” that is more like a partial revert to a state where people were already unhappy with.

19 Likes

A buff nonetheless-- just because it isn’t what you wanted doesn’t make it so.

1 Like

Delusion at its finest. :joy:

7 Likes

They didnt though. They had been buffing it for months and then reworked her

1 Like

So you want to presume that in the small time frame between Mass Rez becoming hugely controversial and the rework, that they tried out a ton of different ways to save mass rez without even putting any of them on the ptr, and then they did a huge rework extremely quickly and slapdash because they couldn’t, despite zero evidence of that?

For why? What possible reason should anyone believe that?

It makes far more sense, given the time frame, that they identified that Mass Rez was a pain point for the community and decided to go back to her original ultimate. And then spent their resources making the rework. That is the way they told us it went down, that is what all evidence points towards, and that is the simplest explanation.

Boy, bye.

8 Likes

Insulting those you disagree with or incorrectly accusing and assigning intention because they can’t be bothered to bring up a logical counterargument isn’t a valid opinion. It is ignorance.

I never stated that everyone thinks this way. You might notice that this thread is about those of us who are upset with the recent changes.

That’s stated in what you just quoted.

I could be fine with this as well.

6 Likes

If Rein is bugged AF for months and in nearly unplayable state because of it, would you still be happy that he gets a walking speed+0.2% buff? Its totally missing the point.

6 Likes

Except it’s not even a present.

18 Likes

Wait, what?

They take month to apply balance changes and yet they miss the fact that lowering heal output will also lower ult charge?

How disconnected can a dev be from his/her own game and leave it in that state for several months?

14 Likes

It’s like taking someone’s cake. People got upset at that so the cake stealer gave back 40% of the cake. Like, why would you be happy? :joy: What is stopping said cake stealer from just giving back 60HP? :thinking:

Blizz took the cake and Mercy is the original owner of the cake

9 Likes

The cake was rotten from the beginning, i dont need that 40% back.

But for some reason, it was okay to take Mass-Resurrect away despite more players enjoying the use of that than there are players currently using Valkyrie at all.

I’m not going to ignore the issues within the kit of the hero I fell in love with.

24 Likes

60HP was fine though. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes
  • Mercy a couple of months ago with Valk, 30 second Rez, 60 HPS
  • Mercy mains: “We do not like this.”
  • Mercy gets nerfed. Now has Valk, 30 second Rez, 50 HPS
  • Mercy mains: “We also don’t like this”
  • Mercy gets buff/reverted. Now has 30 second Rez, 50 HPS, 60 HPS on Valk
  • Mercy mains: “How is this any different from before the nerf? We still don’t like this.”
  • Other people: “Mercy mains are entitled”

Alllllright OW community

45 Likes