The Anger Around the PTR Mercy Buffs Explained

I think it’s more or less safe to assume that Mass Res in any way, shape or form isn’t coming back based on that DEV response from a while back. The reason they took it out was because the game is better off without it, it might not be what Mercy players want but IMHO it’s more important what’s best for the game.

The problem is that there is basically an outrage when a change is made to Mercy which doesn’t incluede the return of Mazz Res. There are lot of arguments tossed around and people also change it a lot whenever people start to argue against it.

I still don’t understand how “fun” is the term being used so much and apparently that fun is just mass rez. Mercy’s base kit isn’t fun enough.

It’s time to let Mass Res and any new idea around go and actually think outside of the box.

3 Likes

We never said to change mercy before bastion.
We’re just saying she needs to be changed.

We’re giving feedback, we’re not asking to ignore evey other hero that also needs changes, or to prioritize us.

15 Likes

Thats your opinion

If you dont like her play someone else

There are people who like Valk mercy and its not fair to ask Blizz to take that away so they can make you happy

5 Likes

Exactly. You get what you get and you don’t throw a fit. Darn right.

Her ultimate got replaced with an ultimate that does everything for the Mercy player and she now has Resurrect on E with a multitude of different drawbacks that make using the ability a dreadful experience.

Nope. We’ve always complained about how fun she is ever since her rework. She is not fun anymore because of Valkyrie and Resurrect on E.

Was statistically underpowered. :blush:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
16 Likes

I was just saying. I saw a post the other day talking about how mercy has been suffering for way to long. Yes I agree, but bastion has been longer.

Maybe because we’ve already experienced the 60hps Valkyrie for like months already? Im not complaining if its not a buff or not, but I am pointing out that this buff is basically a buff that reverted her healing before her healing nerf. I feel indifferent because, we’re basically back to square one, just that her primary healing is lower now.

A lot of people didnt complain about Ana buffs because she legitametly needed it, her ult was lackluster, her teammates body blocking was a problem and her ammo was rather low. (Really? People complainedd about that?)

All Im saying is, those buffs to those heroes did address their problems, Mercy’s is sort of 50/50 imo. Because, well, like I said before, this buff literally brings nothing new to the table. We’ve been through 60hps Valkyrie and her ult charge buff was to compensate for her lower healing since her lower healing makes her ult charge slower than before.

8 Likes

No. They did not. Why do you think people are so angry? They tried a single, failed buff and then removed it from the game.

If Mass Rez has received the care that Valkyrie has received, I would not be angry. There would be a lot of disappointment, but this level of sustained and focused anger by Mercy players would not be there.

People really need to separate their feelings from Mass Rez as a mechanic, and how Mercy players have been treated.

ETA

I am a Sombra main, but I sympathize a lot with Mercy players because I used to love her once upon a time.

36 Likes

Interesting that you preemptively went ahead and called anyone who calls this situation what it is ignorant. You’re gonna go far, kid. Foresight being 20/20-- you guys ARE entitled and are absolutely playing a victim and being drama queens. Get over yourselves and realize that changes are made with reasons bigger than YOU in mind. Thanks.

5 Likes

This can go both ways, my friend. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I havent seen anyone aggresively showing their anger aside from those telling mercy players to shut up and stop playing.

Giving feedback and being discontent isn’t being rude. We’re giving feedback to help them understand how we feel so they can consider that next time.

12 Likes

Theres a double standard with this comment.

18 Likes

They could have “buffed” Mercy’s healing to 50.00000000000001 and people would still be screamed at me “Why aren’t you happy ? She just got buffed !”

17 Likes

Mind games around it? That makes me laugh, it was a pure “press Q for instant result” so powerful that mercy better hide instead of helping her team

1 Like

Are you aware that the strong majority of things they test dont even make the ptr

1 Like

I don’t exactly think you two’s analogy works compared to OW. One is either a paid job with expectations or a purchase after a finished project with no updates. Overwatch is like supporting or investing in a project. You didn’t buy the rights to the game itself. You bought the ability to play the game.

Mass Rez encouraged an unhealthy style of play that was counter to a shooter game.

Hide and Rez, and die on point.

They also wanted to move power from ults to the midfight.

1 Like

Thank you for this… I am not like the typically Mercy Main, as these changes are “Not really much so a buff” but more so a revert from the pointless and un-needed nerf that she recently received.

I am not angry, nor upset... I am just disappointed, however, these changes are heading in the right direction though if one truly thinks about it.
12 Likes

Trust me i would be glad to play the version i bought a year ago.

3 Likes

This is objectively false. The value of Resurrect depends on the situation. What you’re citing is numerical value which is nowhere near actual, maximum value.

Hiding was detrimental to your team’s chances of survival; a one-way ticket to failure. The main reason why people used it was because of the now fixed SR system that incentivized it.

20 Likes