The Anger Around the PTR Mercy Buffs Explained

Wait, what?

They take month to apply balance changes and yet they miss the fact that lowering heal output will also lower ult charge?

How disconnected can a dev be from his/her own game and leave it in that state for several months?

14 Likes

It’s like taking someone’s cake. People got upset at that so the cake stealer gave back 40% of the cake. Like, why would you be happy? :joy: What is stopping said cake stealer from just giving back 60HP? :thinking:

Blizz took the cake and Mercy is the original owner of the cake

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
9 Likes

The cake was rotten from the beginning, i dont need that 40% back.

But for some reason, it was okay to take Mass-Resurrect away despite more players enjoying the use of that than there are players currently using Valkyrie at all.

I’m not going to ignore the issues within the kit of the hero I fell in love with.

24 Likes

60HP was fine though. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes
  • Mercy a couple of months ago with Valk, 30 second Rez, 60 HPS
  • Mercy mains: “We do not like this.”
  • Mercy gets nerfed. Now has Valk, 30 second Rez, 50 HPS
  • Mercy mains: “We also don’t like this”
  • Mercy gets buff/reverted. Now has 30 second Rez, 50 HPS, 60 HPS on Valk
  • Mercy mains: “How is this any different from before the nerf? We still don’t like this.”
  • Other people: “Mercy mains are entitled”

Alllllright OW community

45 Likes

But the rework itself was the cake,not the HPS. Dosnt matter what you give back from the failed concept.

This is gold! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Same devs that; indirectly nerfed Moira by fixing a bug that made her heal through shields, nerfed Roadhog’s damage at first and didnt give any compensation at first, thought giving D.va that she can eat anything for 4s and not fixing the bugs for heroes like Mei for over 2 years (her cyrofreeze, fixed now but it took YEARS).

I was giving an analogy for the heal nerf and heal revert. Should’ve clarified. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

No other hero in the game received such a drastic change for the purposes of making them feel better to people who weren’t playing them, when at the same time no attempt was made to ensure that the hero was still fun for the people that were playing them.

They gave hog new breather to make part of his kit more active, they gave D.va micro missiles to make her kit more active, etc.

Mercy is singular in the way she was treated, so she is singular in the shape of her complaints.

Regardless if you think they are justified or just whiners, it shouldn’t be hard to figure out why they are the only ones that have reacted to the changes in the way they did.

17 Likes

CONTEXT is important. Yes we wanted buffs and that’s what we got, but we’ve also been complaining about how the devs ignore the REAL problems with mercy and this is just another example of that. Yes it’s a buff, but it’s not a buff that fixes most of the problems with mercy right now. People are like “mercy mains wanted buffs and then complain when they get them” but they forget that context matters!

With that being said, overall I’m really happy that they buffed her at all cuz I was honestly expecting them to not change her at all

4 Likes

Spam for buff/changes. Get a buff. Buff is not exactly what you want. Spam forums more.

That’s pretty entitled, yes. Thread muted.

6 Likes

Are you a psychic? Because damn thats accurate. :laughing:

15 Likes

The heal “buff” is irrelevant, its really in the same category at this point as if they would have increased Mercy’s pistol damage during Valkyrie by 10%.Its a buff sure,but its not the reason why people are upset about Mercy.

This whole uprising is about still ignoring every single possible solution offered to them,to continue down a path that leads to nowhere.

1 Like

Driveby insults and then muting the thread, so classy.

12 Likes

What do you mean!
Of course you can.
They build a game with a certain intent, certain numbers, certain TTK’s…

like I would read all that

Changes to make her more fun. That has yet to happen.

That doesn’t address our main concerns at all.

It doesn’t address our main concerns. :man_shrugging:

This isn’t spam. :blush:

This is a trend from you. You always mute threads you dislike and offer no real constructive response. :confused: That’s not helpful is it? :blush:

6 Likes