The Ana Cabana (Ana Fans & Ana Mains Welcome): New Ana Legendary Skin! 8/6/2018

Just came across this for some reason :open_mouth: I play Mercy + Moira, not Ana, but I support you Ana mains! :grin::v:

1 Like

I donā€™t think Ana will ever be in a spot where shes relevant without being overpowered.

Maybe because itā€™s her overloaded kit. Maybe because sheā€™s a fusion of two diametrically-opposed playstyles, I donā€™t know. But the sad fact of the matter is that she is fundamentally broken. She needs a comprehensive rework, from the ground up. Everything must go, she never shouldā€™ve been released in her current form. Blizzard thought a healing sniper sounded good on paper, but they didnā€™t stop to think about whether or not they could truly get it to work.

Spoiler Alert: They canā€™t. Thereā€™s a reason PCs like Ana are a rarity in gaming. It is next to impossible to get right, and I donā€™t think that Blizzard has the technical skill to do it.

I want to see Ana in a good spot. If nothing else, I think her character is really cool, and I play mostly support. But, from a game design perspective, sheā€™s a shriveled, broken mess that needs to be scrapped and rebuilt.

I firmly disagree, Ana is perfect.
Her play style is more fun than any other in any game.
Yes she needs a small buff, but I do not think that sheā€™d turn out OP if she got tuned a bit. In fact, I think it would take a lot to make her OP.
The only reason she got nerfed was because she was an enabler for a tank meta, nowadays Moira does a way better job at enabling said meta than Ana. And as long as Dive exists Ana will never be truly good, unless you give her a huge mobility buff, which is extremely unlikely to happen.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been so focused on trying to beat Retribution on Legendary that I havenā€™t really played Ana for more than a week, so when I did play her yesterdayā€¦ man, I was sooo bad! Itā€™s funny, because with most other characters I can leave them for a while and pick them up again fairly easily, but Ana I need to practice constantly to be any good with.

Ana is a weird case, as you have to change from Hitscan to projectile depending on if youā€™re scoping.

You know what annoys me?

Whenever people bring up a list of reasons why Anaā€™s in a poor state and you have that one person that states that Ana is only bad because ā€œnobody knows how to play herā€.

Itā€™s kinda funny; I see people saying itā€™s Mercyā€™s fault that deflect was nerfed, but itā€™s the Ana main in me thatā€™s actually calculating how this would benefit me!

• ā€œThis means itā€™s less likely he will deflect my nade as Iā€™m aiming at someone to his side/in front of him!ā€
  • ā€œNow the risk of my Sleep Dart being deflected back at me is somewhat less as I can aim away from him more if I notice him starting to deflect!ā€
  • ā€œMy healing darts will not be randomly deflected as much!ā€

While for Mercy Iā€™m likeā€¦ okay? Doesnā€™t really matter unless Iā€™ve pulled out my pistol.

2 Likes

Just wanted to drop in and mention that Anaā€™s lack of self sustain is driving me crazy. Here I stand, with only 24 hp left after constant chip damage, but I have to use my nade on our tank and others who will otherwise die. I canā€™t afford leaving the battlefield to look for a fricken health pack, I need LoS!

3 Likes

Do you guys steal Ana between rounds? Iā€™ve had a lot of games where I pick Ana round one, many times being the last one, and then another Ana main instalocks her round two. It happens way more often than with any of the other heroes I play.

Considering that most people on Console kind of hate Ana and would prefer not having her on their teams, Iā€™m apt to believe that Ana is usually available at all times.

I finally reached top 500 Ana on Overbuff with a positive winrate. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Congratulations my man, Iā€™m honestly happy for you!

I imagine that was some climb you had to do.

It was. But I have really good mates these days. I only avoided 3 since the last patchā€¦ It helps.

Getting Ana in Mystery Heroes and the other team does not have a Winston or a Tracerā€¦ :heart:

Orders two Mojitos for Epsilon and myself and puts chokladbollar on the table

On behalf of all the current and former Mercy mains I know, Iā€™m sorry.

Takes a sip

Itā€™s alright, donā€™t take it to heart.

Tis the nature of forumsā€¦the only thing you can do is just stop responding to those type of people.

Sips drink

Itā€™s justā€¦ I hate how this is reflecting on everyone who likes Mercy, and despite everything I havenā€™t completely given up on her. I just want those who main her to not be scorned, but sometimes I can understand why it happensā€¦

I wish more of those who say stuff like that would actually play Ana, because most time they really havenā€™t played her at all.

2 Likes

Ana!

Ana, Ana bo Bana
Banana fanna fo Fana
Fee fy mo Mana

Ana!

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t look into it that deeply.

Again, there are always bad seeds in every group that ruin the perception of the majority of them.

If people actually care about Mercy, theyā€™d know better than to generalize all Mercy-Mains.

That said, I understand where you come from.

getting the itching to play ana again, but iā€™m so rusty i feel like iā€™m almost useless all the time!

weird as it sounds i think i prioritize healing too much even when thereā€™s a chance i could contribute offensively (same goes for nades as well). any tips yā€™all have? or is it just a play more thing