The Ana Cabana (Ana Fans & Ana Mains Welcome): New Ana Legendary Skin! 8/6/2018

How do I play Nan though? I got quick scope down but I struggle with positioning. Not in terms of staying alive, but I can’t find good positions to heal my team. Ana Gods grace me with your wisdom! Either that or convince people to stop moving out of my los.

Play her all the time in hard. Played her once in expert and got all the way to the end until the heavy murdered us. Teammate got salty at me, unfortunately.

Aww, but good that you tried! Well done! :heart:

1 Like

This is random, but since I can post images now I thought I’d share this:

My girlfriend drew Gérard and Ana having tea together (this was drawn before his spray was released).

2 Likes

So, I followed your suggestions with playing Ana together with a Bastion and Orisa (with a Hanzo as fourth) and we totally owned on Expert! No trouble at all, and it felt sooo good! So thank you for your suggestions! :smiley:

2 Likes

I believe someone made a thread where Ana mains gave tips and tricks for playing her, try searching for it - it had a lot of good stuff as I recall. :slight_smile:

I’m reading this thread and suddenly wanting a proper mai tai.

1 Like

How is everyone doing today? Great? Not so great?

Me?

Well I can be better, but I’ll probably get over it in the next few minutes or so.

Anyway, now that people have reached Level 3 on the forums, feel free to post your highlight videos and Ana POTGs if you can my fellow Ananites!

1 Like

Pours lemon tea and hands you my new favorite white chocolate and strawberry cookie.

I know I’m also a Mercy main, but very few feel that Ana is fine. Don’t take it to heart.

1 Like

Well of course Ana is fine!

I’d be fine too if I was lounging around on a beach in Kauai with the warm Hawaiian sun beaming down upon my body.

Screw Overwatch, she’s enjoying the retirement life.

By the way, I have this idea for an Ana vid, and if it happens like I envision it it will be amazing… but it will probably take me a year or two to finish it. So keep working on that tan! :wink:

Finally reversed a loss streak. Now to get that 300 SR back…

3 Likes

hello everyone :wave::laughing: good luck and have fun all :wave::laughing:

Welcome to the Ana club!

Unfortunately there is no good answer to your question, and really you are not going to find a good position except on certain Ana favored maps. (Hi Hanamura)

It is all about finding the least terrible position and accepting that you wont be able to heal that Genji or D’va on the far flank. You cant really heal everyone as Ana, but hey, thats what the off support is for! So focus on keeping as many people in your LoS as possible without risking your own skin.

If healing that Tracer on the flank means you have to step out from behind Rein’s shield and into enemy fire, dont do it! It is much better for Tracer to reposition to suit you than vice versa, and good players will learn to do that.

Ultimately I would sum it up as follows. Currently, there is no real “in position” for Ana, instead it is just “least out of position” position. Once you realize that you cant position perfectly, you learn to figure out what is “good enough”.

2 Likes

Why thank you for the info! :slight_smile:

I guess I’ll have to accept that you can’t save them all.

well that’s a real fact when you the only (solo) support in your team :sweat_smile:

Sooo, how’s everyone doing? I managed to finish Retribution: all heroes on Legendary twice, so I got cocky and convinced that I could do it in the regular mode as well.

To quote one of our beloved characters:
“That could have gone better!” :scream:

:tea:Ana Origin Story :tea:

Sign me right up for the back pain treatment. :grin:

maybe ask mercy (angela) :grin: