THANK YOU for Talking About Matchmaker's MMR and Forced 50%

Why would it be unfair? Half of “your” team is convinced to play at an elite level.

3 Likes

So much for joking around. I guess this is the part where we turn lighthearted comments back into a debate.

1 Like

I’m actually serious with this idea. This event should totally happen.

After a few matches, teams could even be shuffled for a more lighthearted event :wink:

After all, these are the most active and enthusiastic players on this forum, all points of contention aside.

4 Likes

I am not sure anyone here is actually arguing that there exists no skill difference among the player base/ the different ranks. So I don’t really see the point in this other than for sh’ts and giggles

3 Likes

The average SR spread among these teams is huge and I know we’d get the floor wiped with us. Might be fun though. We’d have to impose some hero limits or other caps to make it at least somewhat competitive.

1 Like

Receipts unironically has said that in the past that and this dude believes as a season 3 silver player he could be t500 if MMR didn’t exist. Which is funny because if he placed nowadays he’d be closer to b500.

But half that team thinks SR is meaningless? :thinking:

3 Likes

To be clear I’m not going that far. It’s just a bad, illogical argument. If SOME people can get to top 500 in an MMR system, then obviously anyone of equal or higher skill could do it under the same conditions.

I see a lot of bad arguments from people on my side of the debate, and I don’t condone any of them.

1 Like

I mean I just ignore that part of his ramblings.

Same

1 Like

It’s difficult to get specific people together for events like that but I’m always down for a scrim so HMU.

:smirk_cat:

He makes some articulate cogent points that, in my opinion, lead to where the evidence points. But some of it is just suspect or unfounded.

As we talked about before, I think most people have the basic hardware to get to top 500 (whether they have the grit, determination, ingenuity, and cleverness is a different story). But you can’t claim that actually accomplishing the feat is just a formality. And that’s too bad because I’d love to attain glory by relaxing on the couch.

1 Like

As long as anyone above 3000 SR on the opposing team agrees to play with their toes, I’m in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Game pad, bro. Crossplay :smiley:

4 Likes

Yes that’s part of your point I’m supporting

3 Likes

If you go through the historical data you’d see some pretty questionable statements.

Then why make it at all if it’s beyond false?

2 Likes

That would be SO great!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I could lend someone my Donkey Konga b0ngos if it’s needed!

4 Likes

I’d say, it’s unlikely. I don’t know that we can say it’s false.

The only logical things I can conclude are A) he’s got a very high level of skill in similar games which supports his belief B) he’s underestimating how good other players or C) he’s suffering from the oft-cited Dunning-Kruger effect.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I agree with the premise of Cuthbert’s post but almost none of the conclusions.

2 Likes

that’s an unfair question to bright titan, why would they have an answer for that? We’ve spoken before, I think MMR sucks mixed with SR… but I don’t think it would change much in terms of WHERE people end in the ladder. I think it would make the ranks more even.

A top 500 would like not move, and a bottom 500 would likely not move. but all the other more populated ranks…would even out and the games would overall be more even in skills. stop mixing ranks to make the MMR match, and make the ranks match. That’s all.

1 Like

its ok fren, i havent reached rank 1 yet either. maybe its the rigged MM?!?!?!?!?!

4 Likes