Thank you for Competitive Open Queue!

Hey Jeff, this is a side note but thank you for adding ME servers. I hope you are staying safe.

4 Likes

I won’t be really playing it a lot, since I way prefer 2-2-2, but I am SO VERY happy you put it in.

If nothing else, it will take pressure off the DPS queue times in regular comp, which makes everyone happy.

1 Like

Jeff can you please buff sigma a bit :slight_smile:

Well I see. Games against 3 healers were terrible back then. Especially for me as Tracer main. Too much sustain

Yeah. Honestly, I like it.

I mean, like Megadodo pointed out, if it ever becomes a long term thing, it’s placement in Arcade might be an issue. From what I understand, less people play Arcade vs standard QP and Comp. So, if less people are playing the Open Q, then there are less people to match, so the matchmaking will be looser than standard competitive. Which, could be a bit of an issue.

All in all, though, it’s nice to have. I haven’t had this much fun since 132 on Experimental. So, I’m happy with it.

Even including the Hero Bans was a cool touch. I’ve always been curious how they would feel without Role Lock. And, on their own, I think they’re pretty interesting.

Personally, adding hero bans on top of Role Lock always felt too restrictive to me. I think having one or the other is nice, though.

Just thought I would give you some feedback, since I saw you in the thread.

Hope all you guys/devs are doing well. And thank you for stopping by :slight_smile:

Has there been any thought on featuring OpenQueueComp side-by-side of RoleQueueComp?

You’d pull a lot more DPS players into OpenQueueComp, which would free up the queue in RoleQueueComp.

Since even if an otherwise DPS player intended on playing DPS in OpenQueue, they might fill on Tank or Healer.
Meaning it’s very possible you might pull in 8-10 otherwise DPS players per game.

✅ Competitive 222 vs Competitive Classic

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WeightySpitefulHarpyeagle-size_restricted.gif

Also I think a Tank balance change like this can make it so that barrier tanking doesn’t mean Reinhardt 90% of the time. Possibly opening up some firepower buffs. Since it’s strange that only barrier tanks don’t get to have fun shooting stuff when compared to DPS,MainHealers,OffHealers,OffTanks.

Oh yeah, and this is low-key the most important thing the game needs right now.

1 Like

Where is this mode??? I’m currently 16mins into a dps queue. I’m assuming it’s some separate rank though.

EDIT: Found it in arcade.

Kinda strange that the OpenQueue is hidden, if it’s ideally a workhorse to reduce queue times in RoleQueue.

1 Like

It was already tried pre Role Queue. It became a nightmare then and it’s still a nightmare now.

1 Like

again, I am glad – very, very glad – this mode was added, but if you’re evaluating it as a possible permanent addition to the game, I do hope you keep in mind that you’ve placed it at an enormous comparative disadvantage to 222 competitive due to its placement in the arcade, where some players will never even know it exists

Said another way, I am hoping the inevitable comparison between participation rates in the 222 mode and participation rates in the role-less (open) mode is done through a lens which factors in this specific disadvantage.

I take it as a given that raw participation numbers will be lower than for 222 since many players wont as I said before even know it exists at all

2 Likes

I think it’s pretty great, if that means anything

Just wanted to leave a feedback. Holy man, its so nice. Everyone in match liked it.

Doing unranked stuff, I think reached diamond atm.
6 dps? not even close.

Enemy ran 222, then switched to 33 when it didnt work. 33 didnt work too cause Echo owned it.
We ran 222, Soldier/Echo

Game became so fast and intense without 222 limit, 3 tanks are monstrously fast.

Thanks for banning Widow, Jeff. And for open competitive classic.
DPS queue time was 1 minute 30 seconds.

2 Likes

Well, glad you ppl had fun atleast. For me, it was just as bad as pre-2-2-2. Did my 10 placements, never touching that crap again.
1 match had 2-2-2 all the way through.
6 matches had 3-5 dps all the way through.
The other 3 varied throughout the match.
2 matches had drawnout fights that when lost ended up with tanks swapping to dps and we then getting completely stomped.
3 of them had ppl saying gg after the first lost teamfight (and one of them still was won in the end).
None of the matches with less then atleast 3-2-1 was won.

I remember very much why I couldnt even bring myself to do placements season 15-17. And why I got back into comp again after 2-2-2.

1 Like

Thank god for open comp. It is 1000 times better than the crap show that is normal comp.

2 Likes

Ah, I didn’t know about this, finally I’ll play something different than QPC :slight_smile:

1 Like

Plz make it unranked comp and make it permanent plz. Remove SR :smiley:

1 Like

I’m super happy about this addition.
I wanted to try competitive, but I find open queue more appealing than role-queue.
QPC is nice, but I havent played as much RQ.
This will def get me playing more.

2 Likes

Honest question, would be on your radars to change Quick Play Classic back to quick play, and renaming current QP as “Unranked” or something similar?

Or, maybe add a fourth “role” option that would be “Open Queue” for QP and Comp, so they share the same UI, and highlighting open queue would have a small warning about only playing with other open queue players.

2 Likes

rework Echo jeff u made her so strong look at all negative topics she is killing the game

0-6-0 lock? just joking.