Thank you for Competitive Open Queue!

again, I am glad – very, very glad – this mode was added, but if you’re evaluating it as a possible permanent addition to the game, I do hope you keep in mind that you’ve placed it at an enormous comparative disadvantage to 222 competitive due to its placement in the arcade, where some players will never even know it exists

Said another way, I am hoping the inevitable comparison between participation rates in the 222 mode and participation rates in the role-less (open) mode is done through a lens which factors in this specific disadvantage.

I take it as a given that raw participation numbers will be lower than for 222 since many players wont as I said before even know it exists at all

2 Likes

I think it’s pretty great, if that means anything

Just wanted to leave a feedback. Holy man, its so nice. Everyone in match liked it.

Doing unranked stuff, I think reached diamond atm.
6 dps? not even close.

Enemy ran 222, then switched to 33 when it didnt work. 33 didnt work too cause Echo owned it.
We ran 222, Soldier/Echo

Game became so fast and intense without 222 limit, 3 tanks are monstrously fast.

Thanks for banning Widow, Jeff. And for open competitive classic.
DPS queue time was 1 minute 30 seconds.

2 Likes

Well, glad you ppl had fun atleast. For me, it was just as bad as pre-2-2-2. Did my 10 placements, never touching that crap again.
1 match had 2-2-2 all the way through.
6 matches had 3-5 dps all the way through.
The other 3 varied throughout the match.
2 matches had drawnout fights that when lost ended up with tanks swapping to dps and we then getting completely stomped.
3 of them had ppl saying gg after the first lost teamfight (and one of them still was won in the end).
None of the matches with less then atleast 3-2-1 was won.

I remember very much why I couldnt even bring myself to do placements season 15-17. And why I got back into comp again after 2-2-2.

1 Like

Thank god for open comp. It is 1000 times better than the crap show that is normal comp.

2 Likes

Ah, I didn’t know about this, finally I’ll play something different than QPC :slight_smile:

1 Like

Plz make it unranked comp and make it permanent plz. Remove SR :smiley:

1 Like

I’m super happy about this addition.
I wanted to try competitive, but I find open queue more appealing than role-queue.
QPC is nice, but I havent played as much RQ.
This will def get me playing more.

2 Likes

Honest question, would be on your radars to change Quick Play Classic back to quick play, and renaming current QP as “Unranked” or something similar?

Or, maybe add a fourth “role” option that would be “Open Queue” for QP and Comp, so they share the same UI, and highlighting open queue would have a small warning about only playing with other open queue players.

2 Likes

rework Echo jeff u made her so strong look at all negative topics she is killing the game

0-6-0 lock? just joking.

How about you NOT attempt to hijack a topic. Thanks.

If it goes well, and doesn’t impose on the current/Main Competetive system would there be a way to keep it indefinitely? :slight_smile:

Its not hijack its something need to be done even for u

This is a topic about open queue comp. Not echo.

1 Like

i know it another topic not about Echo but how do u want Jeff to listen

I actually prefer Open Queue over the regular competitive mode because it brought back my love of Competitive in a way. I’m currently at 3314 SR which is the highest I’ve ever been. One round, I’m having fun as Zarya and the next, I choose Lucio. I start with Ashe and then switch to Ana.

If it were to become an official mode, I wouldn’t mind playing it all the time over the regular one. And yes, I know Quick Play Classic is a thing but anything that doesn’t have SR has bad matchmaking so I ignore them.

1 Like

By talking in a topic about echo instead of trying to hijack this one.

2 Likes

alot has made no answer

You are not going to get answer here either. Why? Because you are off topic.

You are breaking the forum rules. Stop.

2 Likes