Thank you dive for killing the game

I mean if people don’t get it, it’s up to them at this point, I have an edit on my post, check it out. You really hate mercy don’t you? LOL, can’t blame you I hate hanzo with a burning passion.

Are we going back to this now? Deflecting blame away from an obviously-atrocious initial hero design that didn’t need to be the way it was to counter Tracer?

Most players never even experienced a real Tracer or real Dive. Every player experienced Brigitte 1.0.

1 Like

It’s on my edit the devs did a poor job designing her. Brigitte was meant to be something completely else, and we’re gonna see that on an other hero.

Puts on tinfoil hat
She…is the reason for everything bad in this game

Imo, if she isnt atrocious now…that’s not design issues. That’s balancing

Ana isn’t considered bad design for having caused triple tank as a meta. Which, in today’s era, would be the equivalent of “sombra goats”

Goats with a dps :woman_shrugging:t5:

So moth meta killed overwatch, explains a lot of things actually, lol.

Umm…no.

My salt with Mercy is a compiled list of things back to her initial pull from her original design.

I have no beef with mercy in any one thing including moth which, imo, wasn’t too hard to play around since mercy was wildly popular and therefore a lot of people weren’t actually good and super predictable.

It’s a compilation of her history, design and influence that add up to a negative product.

I disliked her during her first 60 hps buff…

That salt came when they decided to talk about how she was a main healer.

Feel free to read my salt if you would like. But overall, I don’t put any blame on any hero at any time.

I don’t like plenty of heroes. But I also tend to not like a lot of things

i don’t like pizza ffs

So it’s a love rellationship, and what kind of monster doesn’t like pizza. I’m reporting you.

I am confusion

It’s…smooshy and …the cheese is oily and…no…just no…

I guess you wouldn’t like …

This

Or
This

Or

This

Wanted to say love hate relationship. PIneapple pizza? That’s just criminal.

No… I can appreciate her like how I appreciate that most people like pizza…but…honey traps are not my thing

It’s Canon. Finally. Some lore I can get behind :triumph::triumph::triumph:

For me mercy 1.0 was replaced by some sort of a disgusting alien. THAT’S canon.

The majority were not lol

done
#removethecharacterlimit

From what I can recall, Dive became a thing after Hog (a known Winston buster) got nerfed, and D.va was strong enough to carry games, which enabled Genji and Tracer to destroy everyone in their wake.

This was understandably bad, but the reason why Moira and Brig got added was because of Mercy players. The devs noticed the outcry from a playerbase that all wants to do is heal as they play a hero that requires no aim (nothing wrong with that. I don’t think it makes Mercy braindead.) so Moira was created to fit those specifications, thinking that people will like her as much as Mercy, and will have easy time dealing with flankers, heal, and escape.

Then Brig got introduced, who resembles the demands from people who don’t use aim intensive heroes. Brig needed to be so strong as to stop an entire meta, but she created another.

I think if the devs wanted to created supports to counter flankers, they should have added something as hard to play. I’d love to see supports with high mobility like Mercy but with the mechanical skills of Ana. I think that would be interesting to see.

1 Like

…the moment triple tank meta ended and dps freed, we started hearing a lot of support being free kills because support players were never battle-tested in triple tank and didn’t know what to do when they are directly pressured.

I always thought it’s funny how a lot of support players complain and say they don’t just want to be healbots, but hate flankers the most because taking supports out of their healbot comfort zone is exactly what flankers do.

Feel a lot of supports just want to bot far at the backline healing and dps without counter pressure, and be the last on the team to die.

1 Like

just like everybody else

it wasn’t fun for bad supports.
dive hard punished mistakes, which making more or less mistakes is related to skill.
aka you’re just not good.

Brig 1.0 (and still Moira to much lesser degree) were products of a bad design phase. Brig 2.0 however showed they can rework things and make them substantially better, Brig now is a game-sense/positioning character for skill, and even a bit of mechanics with the whip shot (no, its not equal to a widow head-shot duh). What I find a bit annoying is they did a very good re-balancing soft-rework with Brig, but seem steadfast in not adjusting Moira - I don’t get it. The skill match ups are pathetically out of line, whereas say a Genji/Brig fight is much closer.

As Jeff said, the 2016/17 community was in a “Don’t nerf our precious Dive characters” mentality, and OW has paid a steep price ever since with questionable design decisions and even show some weird thoughts with the decision to not make Echo a support… despite the community by and large expecting it.

I also got the fact you were in part being half-serious, but the points stand. I will say I have no issue with a non-aim kit because that is what makes OW different but the kit needs to be good about requiring game-sense/positioning if it trades off mechanics. Moira’s just makes all three skills less important, hence it is a bad design.

In paladins they have furia, which is the opposite design of moira, she does more damage if she heals, so it encourages you to always heal your teammates to do more damage.

When widow’s skills are in the headshots and aim, brig’s skills are in the teamwork and as a support it surely does work. So I still don’t get why some people like samito and nateson hate brig cause now she changed so much to a real healer instead of 3 categories in one.

I’m half serious with their bad design choices and their choices in general. When they used to listen to the community when the game came out, now it’s more about what pros and top 500 need. We got echo in the dps category just so people see her pop off in OWL.
That’s what I hate about overwatch, only dps heroes are designed to “pop off”, main tanks don’t pop off with shooting but with protecting their team, same for healers who have to do the double job of being dps and healers. It also doesn’t help that dps players get those mechanically demanding heroes and we got released brig and moira.
That’s what I meant with dive killed ow, since I’m a support player, they’ve released moira and brig just to counter dive when they could’ve released a dps to deal with their mobility with skillful abilities not brig 1.0 and moira.

At least they reworked brig, but still waiting for that moira rework. I remember seeing her first designs and se appearently threw syringes like genji throws shurikens. So why did we get moira beam. I enjoy moira beam don’t get me wrong but at the same time it can get extremely boring very quickly.

But by saying dive killed ow, I mean devs saw dive’s power and created heroes who were less skillful than the heroes they should counter, and for me it’s a petty.

Well written and thought out post by the way, and I agree with everything even down to the problem of Moira (and to a lesser degree with Brig) getting boring after a time. I am not opposed to low aim kits, provided they in turn require greater proportions of game sense/positioning etc. to provide value. Brig 1.0 was terrible in this regard, but got pretty close to perfectly fixed but Moira remains uncorrected. I wish they had taken the tack you describe with Furia, that makes a hell of a lot more sense…