đź‘Ł Sym's/ Reaper Teleports need a rework next

With last year focus was changing the deployable turrets, to that what they are now “throwaway” turrets which has made them much better overall mechanically.

Now the focus should be “Slow” Teleport placers.

That ability is apparently too slow and to noticeable to actually be useful.

We need to next year focus on, some kind of different teleport instead mechanically.

Honestly I think something like DF’s ult would be more investing in, where you can zoom out and place where you want to teleport.

Even if it’s behind a wall.

Plus it would let Sym and Reaper recon up ahead abit.

6 Likes

My older idea for replacing the Shadow Step

E: Soul Orb

Works and travels like Orisa’s halt but faster. If you press E again, when the orb is mid-air, you will instantly teleported to that location. The orb explodes dealing the same damage as Junkrats Concussion Mine. If the orb hits something whats not a player, then the effects will be triggered instantly.

I would support that if it didn’t work like a concussion mine.

We need less cc, not more.

1 Like

It doesnt have any knockback or other cc effect, only the damage and the falloff are the same.

Geoff Goodman confirmed they’ve been testing “Changes” internally for ShadowStep. Which may or may not be on an upcoming PTR.

1 Like

Shadow step should go. He isnt flanker. they should replace it with something else.

How about just no damage and no falloff.

Just cast it from point and if hit the other side of the map somehow and you didn’t activate it to teleport… it just fissile out of existence. (Aka others can’t see this ability.)

1 Like

Smoke bombs would work perfectly with Reaper

1 Like

Thats a good idea actually.

1 Like

i agree. it would be great.

Combo it with a Teleporter summoned from the 3rd camera view… and I see some interesting combos.

1 Like

I like the idea of not having a slow ability in a game that is so fast, but I don’t think that it’s possible for a standart ability travel like Doomfist ULT or even Junkrat, cause you either stand still like Junkrat and we already get killed if we try to use TP or SS during fight or you disappear (which would be too powerful for an normal ability).

But I fancy your idea, it would be so cool if Symmetra became hard light and left a destructible Exit of the TP when she casts the ability and the other one would appear wherever she is after using the ability (like Moira fade). So people could use the TP after this and she could also use the ability as a escape/mobility tool. But once again, I think this would be OP, BUT SUPER COOL

Anyways, I’m fine just if they make these abilities instant or cut 2/3 of the casting time.

they could just speed shadow step up a little bit and extend the range a lot. Or maybe keep the range short but let you tele through walls…or one wall anyway

Giving up an Fallout 76:

So this is how my adventure goes, I plan out my camp location weeks before the game starts. Loved that spot for about over 3 weeks.

Yet seems there is a glitch, when C.A.M.P.'s get too crowded or near other camps, they delete camps.

So mine got deleted this morning.

So I decided to move camp to area I been looking forward to moving to anyway…

Encountered way too many high level enemies to set up shop. (I am just about Lvl 30)

Second area was on a cliff, near by some tough enemies to some, but I should be able to deal with.

Leave because Maintenance

And return to a Super mutant thats glitched under my tent, and is able to see me across the map.

Literally running out of Options I decide to set up C.A.M.P. in the behind the Summer Villas

(Enemies here are literally lvl 15 to lvl 1)

And my home was destroyed by a Big Bat literally seconds after setting it up.

Now I have nothing and no where to set up C.A.M.P.

Game Over I guess.

(oops misplaced this… oh welll… boop)

Sym and Reaper team up to form a new organization, Derail, they embark on a quest to destroy all railings.

1 Like