Symmetra Rework: Defense or Support?

So does that mean Shield Gen is completely taken out of the game?

3 Likes

That’s amazing! I can’t wait to play her on PTR when it comes!

I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to post this!

4 Likes

The new teleporter replaces it

4 Likes

The telliporter is replace photon barrier. The barrier is replacing her telliporter as the new ultimate.

2 Likes

so wait can she not give her allies shields anymore? or does her ult also give shields?

Correct, the shield generator is gone at the moment.

39 Likes

when you say “wall” do you mean a solid surface ? or is it the same material where you can pass through ?

She is a defensive character in the build he is talking about. She no longer needs to give health/shields as she is DPS character now.

5 Likes

Ahh ahh ahh right

Man I’m stupid on missing this xD

I’m getting the feeling there’s no more SHEEEEEIIIIILD generatah…

29 Likes

Please keep it that way.

6 Likes

thats kinda sucks though. she was the only hero that could give shields (briggite and torb give armor) is there not a way she could still give sheilds? like a passive or something?

4 Likes

That’s too bad, I’ll miss being able to decide what ultimate I think will be best depending on the situation.

2 Likes

I’m so glad I will never hear that line ever again.

4 Likes

symmetra was the only hero that could give shields and it would suck for hero to not do that anymore

8 Likes

I don’t see why there needs to be a hero that can give shields

8 Likes

Is it possible to include a much weaker version as a passive? Maybe about 25 shields. What if she has it connected to the damage ramp of her weapon?

7 Likes

Thank you so much for the information!
Symmetra is my favorite character and I’m very interested to see how she plays, although I am a little wary of some of the changes, overall I’m excited!

That’s her new ult. She gives shields to the entire damn map.

1 Like

Ah man now I want the Overwatch guys to make a shield vampire character that drains health/barriers as the attack and then charges up shield health by doing so. (A mix of Moira and Doomfists passives)

(Geoff I release this idea to your personal use if you so want it. Though I’d ask for some reference to Prometheus just for my own small ego enjoyment) :wink: