Symmetra is lost

At least Workshop gonna Exist

Barrier wall would be more effective if Sym could charge off her own shields.

I find it very intersting as someone who plays Sym reasonably well that I don’t have this attitude of she’s broken/countered by everyone etc. In fact many Sym player’s don’t, and yet we constantly have one group of players who feel this way. I hate to be that guy, but I really suspect a lot of the people unhappy with her simply want a play-style that Sym 3.0 doesn’t support. She is no more squishy than others, and in fact with her regenerative shield actually is pretty survivable. She really is overall more effective in 3.0 form for general play than 2.0, but she does need speed injected into her kit.

Photon Barrier is more effective, it needs to return

2 Likes

And we all know that is not happening. I’m not saying that to be critical, but its just not in the cards, something would have to be lost from the kit, and Blizz is not doing that.

Now, could it return with another character, maybe Echo? That would be nice, or your Leonora concept…

Yeah no, once I figure out oh to do Sym 4.0 my way in the workshop… (that’s what I am gonna be playing, not this pick Dps bs.)

I miss Photon Barrier but it doesn’t need to return.

No. DONT get ride of the turrets. Its the biggest reason why most of us picked her up in the first place. Turrets are fine. She should not be stripped of her identity like that, othervise she would be just a generic hero.

1 Like

And you were sniped… want to try again.

:eyes: oh look sniped again

No, I wasn’t sniped. I was playing well, using corners and not being in the open. I’m still alive and took out 4 people in the first 2 seconds of the match.

But when did you lose 1st point on defense then switched? (Cause that’s what it seems your meant to do.)

(Heavy Sarcasm)

Can you say that again, in English this time.

Honestly no I am tired now of repeating myself today

Tired of giving the Same answers to the same responses (besides your response is only temporary)

This video is all true

1 Like

Well, she litterally received no changes for an entire year between 2.0 and 3.0. Either they didnt care or 2.0 was such an abysmal failure in their eyes…something they made…that they did not even try to salvage it.

Really inspires great confidence.

1 Like

You bring up a fair point about 5 mins in when you’re providing all of the examples of high damage output. I’d be interested to see how this game would play out with a global damage and healing reduction. Maybe by about 10% if not 15-20 at most.

I think it’s part of the problem. Everyone wants to make damage or healing comparisons as if these values aren’t a bit overkill across the board to begin with. Pro players have an issue with the frequency of ultimates as well and I don’t blame them.

Lowering damage and healing in general would passively reduce ult generation and allow for more sustained engagements in a way that isn’t too extreme or unhealthy. More CD rotations per fight, less ultimates, more value.

Idk I feel like this can be accomplished without taking away from the game, but a lot of players seem to be afraid of change. They want to be able to conveniently burn targets in a 1-2 second window rather than favor consistency more for every pick, which is strange to me. Not speaking for everyone, but I’ve never seen anyone suggest damage or healing reduction for every hero.

You’re saying they didn’t care about 2.0 but admit they reworked her again into 3.0.

This is delusion territory. Thinking that the devs have nothing better to do than to work on one hero is ridiculous.

blizzard need to take notes tbh.
that was a well made video.

3 Likes

I miss sym 2.0. She was a lot stronger for how I played her, she was unique and didn’t copy other heroes abilities. She had a clear job as a area denial hero. 3.0 just felt like a huge step back. I have played both extensively. Her kit is all over the place and doesn’t have a purpose

1 Like

That video is just a laundry list of complaints without looking at Sym’s kit as a whole.

Individually parts of her kit look weak, but when they are combined and used correctly, they synergize extremely well together.

Zarya doesn’t have slowing turrets that can assist in her damage nor does she have a teleporter than can be used to reposition herself.

Symmetra controls a zone while Zarya claims space for her team. Different roles completely.

People wishing 2.0 would come back, I’m sorry, but she is gone just like old Mercy. It sucks, but that’s the reality of it. Asking for her old shield gen or photon barrier is pointless and not constructive.

1 Like