Symmetra is lost

Just watch this video. It has valid points, arguments, counter-arguments.
I dont need to say much at all.

39 Likes

Just give her a 4th rework

18 Likes

Devs have unfortunately never cared about symm and they won’t start caring now, even with all the glaring issues. =/

But I mean yea soldier needs his 20 dmg bullets back so he can compete again and not be a throw pick. :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

They care, it’s just her mains are split (thanks to her having 2 Ults.)

5 Likes

Uhhh… You’re a bit late on this.

6 Likes

Talking about how her “mains” were formed and what they want.

2 Likes

What do you mean?

One group wants as a pick Dps Hero, the other likes her support Tank like Abilities.

Guess who “won” out.

11 Likes

If the developers didn’t care, she wouldn’t have been reworked as many times as she has been. Unfortunately, it’s difficult to balance heroes with niche abilities like teleporters and buildables against other heroes that have some major general strengths like strong CC, big health pools combined with consistent damage, etc.

2 Likes

I made it to the 7 minute mark. Its a good video I just dont really play sym. I used to use her when she had the shield generator. That thing was awesome! She needs that back. They should just stop trying to make her a damage character and rework her into full blown support. Get rid of the turrets even those things are obnoxious and 98% of reason people dont like sym. Have her focus on providing shields and preventing damage.

1 Like

God damn her Dps is still that low… no wonder I was angry with her today

2 Likes

OP brings good points.

I would normally agree but I feel that 2.0 should be let go. I loved it too but I know when something is gone and you should move on.

Rather than live in the days of 2.0, we should focus on making the best of 3.0

And yet Valve did it right out the gate. Funny what proper planing and testing can achieve.

1 Like

i hate her ultimate. When i play dps i want ult to do damage or to help me do damage, i don’t need this pathetic wall, give it to support or tank.

10 Likes

you don’t like her =/=bad
she is fine the way she is.

2 Likes

Frankly, i dont know

Im honestly sick of learning and relearning the same hero constantly

Just decide something and stick with it

5 Likes

Yeah I agree. Of course, there is room for improvement, but for now, she is healthy and balanced.

1 Like

The biggest problem with Symmetra is that she needs extra time for her to set things up.

A) She has her turrets to set up. She needs to fly them out on to a surface, which until it does, doesn’t attack or nothing.

B) Her teleporter is also one of the buggiest things I’ve ever saw. It’s like Reaper’s shadow step which on paper looks nice, but in game is really weird. The setup is super stiff and sometimes bugs out completely.

C) Her ultimate is also another setup-type skill. She needs to aim, measure and drop an ultimate which is very difficult and time consuming than other ultimates.

Symmetra needs to have her entire kit either recoded or reworked.

2 Likes

I really hope someone on the developer team watches this. There has consistently been so many substantial points and issues raised by the community over the years regarding Sym’s core problems and failings, yet they seemingly fall upon deaf years.

2 Likes

I gave up on Symmetra after her second rework proved to be terrible. This is a hero who is still unusable after 3+ years of being a throw F-tier pick.