Sym is op like hell

This is a completely fine state of the game for Blizzard.

your point was “x is op because of high winrate”. sym 1.0, sym 2.0, old torb, current torb, zen rn, have historically had high winrates yet how many of them have been “OP”? You have no point.

because going from hardly ever having the opportunity to have 195dps to now suddenly nearly always having 195dps for every fight simply due to the meta only counts sooooo little compared to a bug fix that literally didn’t change the prescribed dps numbers nor the registering of hits…/s

also breaking news: 100% of people that drink water die. guess we better “nerf” water for being OP and dealing too much damage too by your standard of determining causation.

2 Likes

What was Symmetra 1.0’s total win rate though? If it was in the 1 - 2% margin she might as well be considered a situational character, so much that win rate is somewhat justified.

The most important factor though which makes this comparison nothing but factually wrong is both the fact that you simply cannot compare the current state of the game and how it was 3 - 4 years ago. This extends to both the balance of the game back then, much lower amount of CC in the game (which directly counters Symmetra), lack of player skill overall, along with the much lower skill floor of Symmetra 1.0 compared to 3.0, which certainly may blow those numbers you’ve given out of proportion, etc.

I never said that the game should be balanced exclusively for low ranks as well, as that would be as catastrophical as balancing for the other end of the spectrum. In order for this game to be balanced the best, yes, in needs to be mainly balanced around high ranks, but all other ranks must be taken into consideration, in order to account for variables such as the lack of communication/coordination between teams, lack of mechanical skill, etc.

Claiming anything else unfortunately is nothing but elistist…

One of the only valid ones here.

Symmetra 3.0 actually hard counters D.VA, as she can’t block her primary and she simply melts her due to her huge hitbox.

I mostly agree, but still even the lowest amount of healing directed to a Symmetra can shift the tides easily, especially with how quickly she can reach full charge.

Good luck finding an actually good Hammond main in low/mid ranks…

A soft counter if anything…

Lmao but Symmetra 3.0 has always been a notoriously good counter against the shield META and Sigma as well up to an extend.

Agreed.

Again, nothing but a very minor soft counter.

Already told you about Pharah’s current situation…

Agreed.

High mechanical skill is needed in order to get value out of these two, not to be considered hard counters for almost any hero in low/mid ranks, except maybe against Tanks.

Symmetra simply shreds Torbjorn’s turret with her secondary fire and if that’s out of the equation, Torbjorn becomes another soft counter if anything at all…

Lmao I believe it’s much more likely that she was changed due to how utterly terrible her kit’s design used to be, which in the result of the whole hero being very situational, having an extremely low skill floor for how ridiculously large the value players could get out of her in low/mid ranks and finally being very frustrating for most players to fight against.

So… Does that mean shields also do not need to be nerfed… Or doomfist… Or hanzo… Or Mei… or Reaper…

What was Symmetra 1.0’s total win rate though? If it was in the 1 - 2% margin she might as well be considered a situational character, so much that win rate is somewhat justified.

The most important factor though which makes this comparison nothing but factually wrong is both the fact that you simply cannot compare the current state of the game and how it was 3 - 4 years ago. This extends to both the balance of the game back then, much lower amount of CC in the game (which directly counters Symmetra), lack of player skill overall, along with the much lower skill floor of Symmetra 1.0 compared to 3.0, which certainly may blow those numbers you’ve given out of proportion, etc.

What part of this sentence do you not understand. I believe that I made myself very clear:

Great baseless example, haven’t seen one of those in a while.

Here’s your prize :medal_military:

It’s mostly due to double barrier being a thing.

You swap away from double barrier, and she becomes far less of a threat.

I’m currently loving it. I play Symm and just roll the team using double barrier… Next round, I swap to Bastion because more than half the time they decide to go Pharah.

Still shattering barriers… and dreams.

2 Likes

Symm requires a ton more communication with your team if you’re going to get any real value from her (Teleporter).

Doomfist… Just has to know the map really well.

Hmm, a hero who is good against shields is doing well in a double barrier meta? I’m shocked…

2 Likes

you can take into account context for stats with regards to sym1.0 yet you’re able to do so with sym3.0 stats…what is this selective thinking?

wew on mob and mispressed

your claim was

you have literally no basis, no facts to back up that sym will be fine as she is outside of double shield meta.
just because her damage stat shot up after the bug fix IN DOUBLE SHIELD META i.e. THE PERIOD WHICH SYM CAN GET HER 195DPS A LOT MORE FREQUENTLY, doesn’t mean she has double damage outside that meta. bringing in the +40% doesn’t mean the bug fix was a huge dps buff. that’s not taking in the context if the stat. i.e. your claim is equivalent to saying “water’s an OP weapon because everyone that drinks water dies”. it literally wasn’t changing the theoretical dps values in order to do that nor be such a problem you’re insinuating.

we had a whole year of sym with 195dps and it wasn’t as issue, why? because her weapon is inherently situational by design as explained in what I said was sym’s core issue which was factually made worse by the to cd nerf.

dude same in 4k. Just isnt fun to play against sym, orisa, sigma and doom. Every. single. game. Theres really nothing you can do to win. Sym is the worst thing to ever happen to this game

Even junk takes more skill than just place turrets and hide

It means other dps that are designed to take out shields should be buffed like Junkrat. Symm is a hero that has a specialty for taking out shields and people want her nerfed. People are throwing shields at Symm and helping her charge up then coming to the forms and complaining she’s OP.

2 Likes

She’s doing a lot more than just taking out shields.

Those beam changes had massive impacts on her damage- her numbers are up by a much as 40% on average currently compared to before. That’s nuts.

Yet if shields weren’t everywhere she wouldn’t be used as much. I bet her numbers would be half that.

It’s a crying shame that a hero finally got FIXED and is now viable for the first time then people want that hero nerfed back down to useless levels.

Who cares about the range, ya just tp to point. And with that, the conditions have changed and now i have to get close to the sym if i wanna win not the other way round.

Doesnt matter. You said she doesnt have CC, fact is she does.

And not every hero can shoot them once to kill them. Mercy for example needs 2 shots to kill them.

That may not be much, but I’m just correcting you. She does have CC, trying to diminish it doesnt mean she doesnt, so your initial statement is incorrect.

Her damage numbers are in no way up by 40%, Christ in Heaven. I can compare from my own playing and current statistical tracking. I have had in no way a 40% damage boost under 3.0 as someone who played a lot of Symmetra since closed beta.

I’ve heard Sym is allergic to Rockets and most range…but you know that is just hearsay…

2 Likes

It’s not reliable, on demand CC.

Mercy can just melee them to insta kill them.
They have… 30 hp. Melee does… 30 damage.

Turret CC is not the same thing. Her turrets are almost never right next to her, she can’t plop one down and have it insta slow you either. They take time to set up, deploy, and then start doing damage. And if she’s shooting a turret right in front of you, you can literally kill it as she launches it.

1 Like

At higher level games, I can never use turrets in battle because they’re flying and have about 1 hit point. After setting up, it’s 30 hit points. Players actually quickly destroy them as they chug along in the air like a Grandma crossing the street.

So they’re only useful before a combat, not during. Unless you can ambush a team then you might have the time to do that, such as Symmetra teleporting to a very high location and jumping off to fire 3 turrets at the ground as she falls. But even then, there are very loud audio queues to warn people that’s happening.