Sym is op like hell

She is in every plat game now. Its horrible. I spend most games playing sym counters instead of what i like to play just to force a switch. Often, we have a sym on each side.

She might be balanced at the pro ranks but, for 90% of players, she is clearly slightly overtuned.

25 Likes

She’s only being played due to double sheild

68 Likes

She is being nerfed on the PTR…

39 Likes

Just stay out of her range when she is fully charged

It is not that difficult, especially given how her range sucks

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s not like OW is a game where you need to contest the objective or anything like that…

17 Likes

And that’s why she has the highest win rate in the game. The counter play is loosing the game objective.

7 Likes

That’s not really possible with Double Barriers considering how much range characters are gimped by…well, the two barriers.

All the hitscan and ranged characters aside from *sometimes * Pharah can’t shoot through all the barriers being thrown around.

1 Like

Her current damage output after the beam changes are quite good, on top of it being a shield meta she’s doing exceptionally well. I wouldn’t say she’s OP, more so that she’s in her element right now.
It’s honestly a breath of fresh air from the monotony that was previous seasons.

Don’t tell me to swap off Widow,
Coolbreeze

22 Likes

Great! Didn’t know. Just came back to the game and its sym everywhere.

So if it’s like this for Widow or Hanzo, it’s fine but if Sym can’t just be ignored as easily as before, it’s a problem…

If Sym’s weapon is good against Barriers like it was designed to be, it’s OP and they nerf her but Doomfist completely bypassing barriers to kill and juggle people while also gaining shields and having hyper-mobility is fine…

19 Likes

According to overbuff Sym’s pickrate in plat is 3.16%. That’s not “everywhere” or “every game”.

16 Likes

She’s getting a nerf, let’s see where she is after that before we ask for more.

0 Post Account

Stay Salty Babes

13 Likes

Except Symmetra counters barriers…and brings in another barrier with her ultimate, thereby increasing the amount of barriers on the field to a total of 3.

She’s great at barrier busting but she doesn’t help the problem of too many barriers being on the field at once.

Ashe brings an AI that can contest and cap objectives bringing the total amount of players on a team up to 7. So Ashe should have her gun nerfed.

She’s great at adding another person to the fight but she doesn’t help with there being too many people on her team.

3 Likes

I don’t see the argument you’re trying to make here, Ashe and any other hitscan DPS sucks in this meta.

A) Ashe isn’t strong in a double barrier meta due to barriers blocking damage output, meaning that not only are damage numbers going to be low, but she’s going to be

B) B.O.B doesn’t have 5000 HP to chew through to get to the rest of Ashe’s team, nor does he completely nullify all incoming damage from the enemy team whilst doing so.

C) Ashe isn’t regenerating ammo AND simultaneously gaining charge to do 195 DPS per second with three barriers on the field.

This week she has a whopping 57% winrate.

She needs this nerf.

Edit: removed incorrect statistic since I’m big dumb

I’m looking at this week. And it’s 3%.

2 Likes

oh whoops my bad, I was looking at pickrates for her specific category

There’s always the option of picking a decent ranged hitscan and KO’ing her. Just saying…

If you stopped insisting on trying to duel her as a tank or Genji or whatever, you’d had much more luck.

4 Likes