Sym is not rightly reworked ( 🙄 Sym is not a Taxi; 60 Days later.....stop Necroing this)

Only thing I would change to sym is remove the charge on shields, it makes her way, way too noob friendly. If it was removed, she would require skill to be impactful

Oh, I missed that somehow! Good to know.

Moment someone tried to make Symmetra more friendly to high skilled players, she was doomed.

Lol I’m talking about how good she was in comp. in owl she was f tier. In comp though the majority of the teams wouldn’t have the coordination to be able to beat a good sym. In comp she was a broken character. Sym too op lol

2 Likes

Then why did she get reported regularly by teammates in comp? Why was she basically blacklisted in comp? Why did people throw when someone picked Sym?

2 Likes

The community never understood the character. Few people knew how to use her. The entire community always thought tp was a better ult than shield gen. Which it was not at all

Sym has always been the most misunderstood character in this game

I had to be extremely positive and confident in voice chat to reassure the team I knew what I was doing every match. The easiest way to lose with sym was if your team lost confidence

6 Likes

No one cares about OWL, they are playing their own game, with high levels of teamwork and skill. We are playing game from our reality, where lack of coordination is a rule, rather than exception.

7 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m saying it was a very poor idea to design an ability that requires the teamwork that is only found in owl. Tp is a bad ability

3 Likes

My favorite thing as a Sym 2.0 main, was seeing a Mercy who understood what Sym was capable of when properly supported.

If a Mercy slapped her damage beam on me when I was at level 2 or 3 charge, I’d snowball the entire enemy team. She’d alternate between damage and healing on me as needed while i was going through melting faces.

Heaven forbid there was an Ana on the team that nanoed me when I was at level 3 beam. The entire team would run away, and rightly so.

10 Likes

I don’t want to lose orbs that can hit more things than a parked Bastion, I don’t want to lose the flying, powerful sentries, I don’t want to lose the ability to gain ammo off enemy shields, I don’t want to lose the extra range on the beam, and even though it’s kind of clunky to use, I don’t want to lose the teleporter either.

The shield generator was decent but kind of unexciting, the photon barrier was definitely neat, orbs going through barriers was neat, and the lock-on was handy against Lucio and Genji (I prefer the new gun against everything else though).

So for me the pros vastly outweigh the cons.

1 Like

I understand I wouldn’t want sym to be reverted ever. It was the worst losing my favorite hero so I wouldn’t want that for anyone else.

1 Like

My Favourite part out of everything

3 Likes

There is only one problem with that: Symmetra is outmatched by other heroes in those areas, while she lost areas of her expertise to rework.

As support with no healing, she had her unique strengths. Now she is competing with heroes, which from the start were specialized in dealing damage, and are better suited for it.

2 Likes

The fact that she saw pretty much no use at the very highest level of teamwork and communication should hammer it in quite clearly that her problems run deeper than that.

Where at all did Jeff say Sym was not reworked right?

In the entirety of his quote that you cited, he nowhere mentioned the rework not being correct. In fact, he said:

“We feel like, with characters like Torbjorn and Symmetra, they’re mechanically doing what we want them to do now, but I don’t know if they’re balanced correctly.”

So it looks like he thinks that Torb and Sym are both achieving what they had invisioned for them as characters, and the balance side is where they are shifting their focus.

Your title of “Jeff I agree, Sym is not rightly reworked” is founded on a completely false agreement on the issue.

3 Likes

I believe that is where he’s deriving his conjecture for the further tweaking of the characters.

I think it’s safe to say we know that Symmetra is still lacking, and requires further tuning. I believe he takes that statement from Jeff to be further evidence that the tweaks aren’t done, and will continue.

I think it’s a safe bet Symmetra will receive more love as time goes on, i just don’t agree with the timeline. It needs to happen sooner, with a bit more aggressive tuning to achieve the balance we seek.

3 Likes

Balance and rework are two different things. Op wants her reworked again (read his last bolded point). Jeff does not agree with that and is actually vehemently against reworks in general because of how much in hinders other progressions in development.

I think balance changes need to come out faster that’s for sure. Sym mains have been shafted since the game’s inception and deserve for her to be in a good spot.

2 Likes

Literally this what the hell. That’s the reason for the megathread and all that.

3 Likes

(Bathroom break from 76) Sym mains are really too split and few to group them together as one voice.

I’m a ventriloquist then I guess.

6 Likes