Sym is not rightly reworked ( šŸ™„ Sym is not a Taxi; 60 Days later.....stop Necroing this)

Symm is pretty strong now. The main problem with heroes like Sombra, Torb, Mei, Symmetra are the people who play them. They are situational heroes who require teamwork/followup and c o m m u n i c a t i o n.

2 Likes

Again, Sym should not be a taxi hero.

9 Likes

The only thing holding her back is her ultimate. If she could frag with it, we would see her played.

Thats is so not the only thing man

4 Likes

I donā€™t care whether sheā€™s used in OWL or not, I want my fave hero back. "knowing the cost of everything but the value of nothingā€™ā€™ springs to mind.

13 Likes

If the lock on was the problem why did the remove ever other part of her kit as well?

3 Likes

Bad reasoning and likely bad coffee.

76 last beta; starting going afk for a bit.

The real problem of old sym was her shield gen. That ult was completely broken. It effectively countered all of the characters that were sym ā€œcountersā€

Winston vs shield gen needs an additional second to kill anyone

Pharah mecredy both need an extra shot to kill making them both a lot worse.

Sym 2.0 was a hero whoā€™s only counter was high coordination which you donā€™t find in the competitive ladder.

Shield gen was the most broken part of her kit. Tp was just ok. It was a community misconception that tp was better than shield gen

5 Likes

Like Mercy, I feel like Symmetra needs to be taken back to the drawing board. They need to go back and refocus on her shield manipulation theme. Would like them to bring back Shield Gen as an ultimate with duration and a 20 meter radius, bring back her throwable shield. As for her weapon, either change it to something else or give us back lock on but have it only as strong as Moiraā€™s lock on. Iā€™d also suggest keeping the damage to 50 dps that ramps up to 100 or 150 dps over time but make it more like Zaryaā€™s mechanic so itā€™s a percentage increase not jumps in damage.

1 Like

Symmetra in her 2.0 state was unhealthy. She was worse statistically than torb and had a literal 0% pickrate in OWL and a 0.5% pickrate in GM. A simple buff to 2.0 would not fix her. Symm 3.0 is easier to buff than 2.0

8 Likes

No, I think everyone focuses too much on making Symmetra viable and good, while you and so many others just cling to the past and previous iterations. Get over it. Sheā€™s not getting another rework any time soon, and itā€™s already been said they want to make sure this rework can work.

Stop being so rough to othersā€™ suggestions when yours is just as much of a suggestion. Respect theirs as they respect yours.

4 Likes

Sym is very poorly designed. Sheā€™s in a weird place where part of her kit is intended for highly coordinated teams OWL. And the other part of her kit is designed around low levels of play where shield break is an acceptable strat.

Her kit doesnā€™t flow and it wasnā€™t designed for the actual majority of the players who play overwatch

Now she is in a spot where no group can use her effectively

6 Likes

Ughā€¦the fatigue thing is a media ploy to excuse rich platforms for a lack of performance and deny customer satisfaction.

I mean do you ever get tired of your motherā€™s love? Ever get tired of Hulu, Netflix, or Youtube? No! Why? Because you find them satisfying to whatever suits your taste.

Else wise you move on to the competition to find a better experience.

6 Likes

Did you even say anything? Like i canā€™t understand you at all.

1 Like

I think her sentries are unbalanced. Not OP and not UP. Just unbalanced.

One sentry is too weak to have much of an impact at all, but a cluster of three can drop a squishy in about a second. Dying the instant you turn a corner is lame (especially since you need LoS to hit them back), but a sentry nerf would make them useless.

I think they need to be buffed, but they also need diminishing returns. A cluster of three should deal maybe 100 dps, down from 150, but a single sentry should deal maybe 75, up from 50. The slow effect could honestly just be buffed outright.

A cluster would still drop a squishy in two seconds, but a single one would be a more serious threat, too.

They also desperately need a better damage indicator. Iā€™m not sure what it is, but I have trouble noticing sentry damage like nothing else.

Also, I noticed a trick of placing a sentry inside a teleporter, which uses the teleā€™s hitbox to make the sentry mostly unkillable. I think that might need some addressing.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Symmetra needs another rework. I think her numbers need to be changed up, tweaked a bit, and then tested to see how they do.

There are a lot of numbers that could be tweaked, from turret numbers, damage numbers, deployment times, hit points, shields, things like that. The character that she is now can be salvaged, the numbers just need to be made right.

A complete mechanic change isnā€™t necessary, although I wouldnā€™t rule out potential changes in the future should the devs find it warranted.

I just donā€™t want to see a ton of more work go into a character, just for the character to end up mediocre again. I want Symmetra to shine, Iā€™m tired of seeing her in F tier.

At least in her 2.0 iteration of F Tier, she had a solid sense of where to use her, and how to use her. 3.0 iteration is more of a jack of all trades, but master of none.

6 Likes

Lol sym 2.0 was anything but f teir I had a 70% winrate in gm with her

6 Likes

That was addressed a couple of patches ago. Turrets spawn on top of the TP now, not beneath it.

1 Like

I did exceptionally well with her as well in her 2.0 iteration. F Tier was still how she was classified. You know the tiers are based on league statistics though, not real world competitive scene.

I donā€™t understand all this ā€œwe are taking a look at them and will balanceā€ no there is no balance here, they donā€™t need a rework, they need BUFFS, BUFFS YOU HEAR ME? INCREASE THE NUMBERS DO ITTTT