Sym changes ruin her playstyle

Sym main with multiple hundred hours since v1.0 here. The changes to Sym on the PTR are at odds with how we play the hero, and pushing these changes live will further lower her viability.

So according to the below, the infinite duration is offset by having a longer cooldown that also now only starts after TP is destroyed:

This is simply not how Sym uses TP. Good Syms know to mainly use it to pop in and out of the enemy backline to delete squishies and cause chaos; watch any high-tier Sym like Stevo and you’ll see this is the most common use of TP.

Now that it’s infinite, Sym loses a great amount of personal mobility, something that is crucial to her survival. And if there’s one thing Sym currently lacks, it’s survivability.

Also, Sym is not here to be a team taxi. I can see the best use of infinite TP as being dropped on the way back from spawn to give teammates a perpetual advantage when returning to the fight. How is this fun to play? Why would I want to put an infinite TP up only for teammates to continue to not use it?

Being able to TP weave is massively helpful to Sym’s already low survivability, and this nerf cripples that ability quite a bit. Again, any nerf to survivability is really not helpful considering her current state in the game.

Blizzard, I’m really tired of having to completely relearn Symmetra every time you decide to ruin her again. You are slowing her down when she needs speeding up, and no Sym wants to spend even more time out of the fight than we already have with a TP that’s now almost useless for everything we use it for.

Please reconsider these changes.

8 Likes

Preach
20 characters

2 Likes