Switched plan to monthly, phone still not accepted

Had a pay-as-you-go. And my carrier has a plan that ends up being the same price for me and so I switched to that one. And yet the phone number is not being accepted (when I log into my carrier I can see that I have bought a plan: 30 GB + 30 timer (Auto Renew)) . This is getting absurd.

19 Likes

How do you know if your phone isnt accepted btw?

I havent figured that part out

1 Like

Go your account settings. There’s a part where you can add your phone.

1 Like

Yea i added mine

Dont look like theres any problems on my end

1 Like

If you go from pre paid to post paid it still wont work despite having post paid now. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

If I am correct (please double check!) because the pre paid number was tied to the one you transferred, unless you get a whole new number with a post paid plan that has SMS I don’t think it will go through.

I’m so sorry you went through this just to go through more hoops. This isn’t right. They aren’t being vocal about what’s needed here and it’s really messing people up.

38 Likes

Certain phone carriers are not supported. People like myself who happen to be on a relatively expensive Cricket plan?

We’re legit just being told “sucks to be you, you can’t play the game”

34 Likes

A game that alot of players waited years for, supported and even bought the packs for.

12 Likes

I sunk so much money I barely had into this game.

I have the noire skin.
I have pink mercy.
I have multiple league cosmetics…

And I guess screw me, because I’m not willing to pay more money I don’t have.

12 Likes

Exactly. I hear you.

People think that just because most people are on pre paid plans or have pre paid phones means “we don’t have money” to pay for things we want outside of bills. If people want to give money to something, people will.

If it’s important to us, we will find a way to buy something. I bought 3 sets of All Stars Skins, Pink Mercy, OWL skins, and Blizzcon Tickets too.

That isn’t even counting the amount of money I had spent on the MERCH either (Hoodies, shirts, mugs, action figures, keychains, etc) I easily spent A LOT over the course of the years on everything thing that was Overwatch. I loved the game so I gave what I loved my time, attention and money.

Then there’s the amount of time sunk in. During the pandemic, this game got me (and many others I’m sure) through a lot of hardship at that time. It was the only game I played majority of the time and I even met amazing friends on there with whom I made close bonds with. The hours implemented into this game and the memories made are priceless and are worth far more than any skin or merch I bought.

12 Likes

I actually had to choose between merch and in-game items… and yet I still chose the in-game ones.

I wish I hadn’t…

2 Likes

Honestly, it isn’t fair to those that did what they could, still supported this game and gave their hard earned money to in order to just be denied by not just one game but 2.

Ridiculous. They wouldn’t even keep OW1 alive.

4 Likes

This is exactly why Blizzard must give us THEIR Phone # too allowing ourselves to call Customer Support to Remedy such issues.

I cannot seriously believe that Blizzard doesn’t even have a Customer Support # to call. I mean SquareEnix, a Japanese Dev, has had such for the last 20+ YEARS for FFXI.

6 Likes

You are so confusing…

Yet want us to give ours LMAO

3 Likes

You realize the game was out for six years yea?

I had small bits of money at times either from family or other events to put into things I cared about… I got things I wanted digitally with that money at times, throughout six years.

I do not have enough money to break off into a NEW PHONE PLAN.

4 Likes

The irony in that situation is so absurd it’s maddening

4 Likes

You realize Blizzard doesn’t care that you can’t afford a phone plan right? If you can’t afford to get a decent phone plan in 2022 chances are you won’t be blowing money on digital content. You are not Blizzard’s target audience.

This is why I laughed at everyone for defending the “Free to play” model.

1 Like

What’s confusing about it?

They put their time and money into this game as well and they were screwed over by their new system for it.

2 Likes

The fact that people are actually changing their phone plans over this game is sad. Listen people, it’s just a video game from a crappy tone deaf company. Life will go on if you can’t play it.

I have a decent phone plan, a somewhat expensive one that myself and other people are wrapped into.

Do you understand what a contract is?

My provider is not supported no matter if it’s post-paid.

Do you know what cancelation fees are?

Swapping my phone plan to play a video game is infeasible.

2 Likes