Switched plan to monthly, phone still not accepted

Yeah this is the confusing part. Imagine putting all your money into a game instead of something more important in real life, like a decent phone plan. Hard for me to feel bad for people who cry poor yet sink money into digital content.

A player who preordered the game and has been a fan who’s been playing ever since isn’t a target audience?

I mean, I can right now play Fortnite, Apex, or even Pokemon Unite no problem without needing a gatekeeper asking me to pay the toll to cross the bridge?

It’s odd they say F2P when in reality, it isn’t if you need to pay upfront.

5 Likes

This is the new Blizzard. I’ve been playing their games since the early 2000’s. They no longer care about the player base and only care about money. The sooner you realize this the better off you’ll be.

Ahhhh so you’re the “nothing matters because it’s all gone to hell” type.

So uh… let me ask you this. Why are you here? Do you have nothing better to do, if you hate the game so much yet continue conversing in the forums?

Are you just lonely?

Sometimes it’s very hard for people in life you know? Life is just trying to make what you can of it before you die. Everyone needs something to enjoy. Everyone has a hobby they put time into. Sadly, all things cost money, so it’s up to them with what they want to do. A lot of people aren’t perfect as everyone does things that nobody should be condemned for since we all are human and have done things similar for the most part.

It’s their life yeah? Personally, it’s players like Chibi that are priceless because they put their money towards a hobby they love, their game when they know they have little to give.

They show how much they love the game that has made them happier and still support them despite the situation. It’s hard out there. People are cold enough in this world. It’s hard to find something to warm you and when you do, you always want to keep that fire burning. Nobody wants to get burned by what they love.

4 Likes

Playing overwatch is what helped me through an overdose.

I put money towards it for this exact reason… it was special to me.

4 Likes

I’m not the one complaining that I can’t play the game due to a phone plan. Who said I wasn’t going to play the game? I don’t need Blizzard to respect me to play their games. I’ll play as long as they are still fun to me and I’ll stop when they aren’t.

But I still know that Blizzard now only cares about money and honestly they could care less if their games fold because Microsoft will be taking over soon.

This is a very true and this is the sad truth indeed. Most major corporations are like this You never expect sometimes a game you love to be involved with such, you always want it to be the exception.

2 Likes

:rofl: Yeah, how well is that working out for the OP?

3 Likes

They used to be the exception. Blizzard was a bunch of nerds who loved games and it showed in their product. All those people left and it’s now it’s a hollow husk of its former self. They haven’t created a meaningful game since Overwatch 6 + years ago. They are too busy releasing “Classic” versions of games that former employees worked hard on.

I used to be the biggest Blizz fanboy. It took me a while to finally realize old Blizzard is gone. The whole handling of OW2 has been a slap in the face for the fanbase. Soon people will realize that OW2 isn’t even a sequel and it was just an update to change OW1’s model. I don’t even care that Blizzard wants more money but the way they have been treating the fanbase is atrocious.

2 Likes

I get it. I’m not defending Blizzard, but in the same token they don’t care unless you have money to spend.

I hear you. Nintendo is the same way. I keep trying to turn a blind eye to what they do but I can’t. Once you see it, it’s all a matter of choosing to continue to or just pretending not to.

I agree it really is a slap in the face. It’s a shame honestly.

1 Like

But they just said it was only the disposable money they received they put into it.

And to be honest, most prepaid plans are completely fine and some are close to contract plans. I’m on a contract plan and all that’s changed from my previous prepaid is I get 2 more gigs of data. Heck my coverage is about the same too.

So it’s confusing that you decide to take the least charitable interpretation.

1 Like

“lol, it sucks to be poor, I guess!”
-Aaron Keller and the Overwatch Team

4 Likes

This can’t last.

This would alienate a potential 27-30 million players.

1 Like

Now we know why Jeff left.
He was a Cricket user.
/s

10 Likes

Apparently this could be a work around if you need Fox.

This post has much better detail about it

2 Likes

:scream: My god, “Defense Matrix was a mistake” wasn’t referring to D.Va, it was referring to this!

#JeffTheProphet

2 Likes