Swap E-Rez with Valkyrie | Make Rez an Ultimate Again

Well then, if you want her healing per second to be equal to Moira or Ana ultimates. My small Valkyrie rework should agree with you. Non?

Except it will cause further problems on different hero.

Itā€™s acceptable rework, since it finally allows to keep teammates alive, but it has not very nice consequences for Moira. Would rather avoid power race between healers, just because their ults are so similar in what they do.

Which hero would it pose problems to?

Moira? If I go into detail on the rework (which I might) it might clear some things up.

• Nerf that duration to 6-8 seconds
  • Increase that healing to say 80-100 Hps. (Chain beams so itā€™s got to be weaker as to not outshine Moira.)
  • Increase damage boost (canā€™t remeber how much it amplifies base kit so Iā€™m not going to set a number)
  • Increase Rez cast time to 1.25 seconds or 1 second.

Iā€™m not saying Iā€™ve solved everything thatā€™s wrong with Mercy but I think Iā€™ve done a fair job at dealing with some issues.

Ok, here are problems your rework can cause:

• Coalescence now objectively worse: extra 40 hps vs harder to heal everyone with ult, which doesnā€™t increase your survivability unlike Valkyrie;
  • If you buff damage boost (damage boost of Mercy is 30%), you run into Supercharger territory. Can really mess with itā€™s viability, if Valkyrie gets close to 50% damage boost;

Itā€™s ā€œhow to fix one ult and break two moreā€, thanks to Valkyrie being low budget Transcendence/Supercharger combined.

So remove chain beams?

That would solve both problems in one action!

Also just a gritty little bone to pick, Moira ultimate does up her survivability by a fair amount, infinite regen during the duration and she gains a movements speed bonus. Not to mention she can both heal and dps during it.

Surprisingly, it wonā€™t solve problem. Even with Coalescence, you generally need to heal only one player, that is leading your team, or taking most of the beating. With Valkyrie itā€™s much easier to do.

Coalescence doesnā€™t heal Moira, if she doesnā€™t deal damage.

I literally just replied to you on another thread you made about this exact same topic. Are you spamming the forums?

Iā€™ll just link my post from the other thread since itā€™s basically what Iā€™d say here anyway.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/valkyrie-please-remove-it/259663/22?u=lumin-1385

2 Likes

Problem is, rez is too powerful for ability, and will pull down whole kit. And it canā€™t be removed either, since itā€™s signature ability.

So there are no other options to have decent ultimate, other than with rez in it. You can put all restrictions you want, but reversing death is way too strong to have as regular ability.

Valkyrie, on the contrary, makes decent E ability, but as ultimate isnā€™t that great.

It could be removed. Yes, itā€™s a signature ability but so were scatter arrow and shield generator. The dev team has shown a willingness to remove core abilities in the past.

The thing is, it isnā€™t coming back as an ultimate. Itā€™s just not going to happen. There is no way that it happens. So, if you want to change out valk or rez on E then rez has to go away entirely and Valk has to be something new not just mass res revisited. The dev team will NEVER revert. It will not happen regardless of what I personally want or do not want.

They already did reverts many times. And Hanzoā€™s signature ability is his sonic arrow, while for Symmetra itā€™s her turrets.

Really? Iā€™ve never noticed that. Well you learn something new everyday.

She still gets increase in movement speed and can damage her opponents for more. Also your comparing 2 very dirasricly different support heroes. Yes they both are main healer but Moira is focused around bulky comps who need a lot of AOE healing, Mercy is a single target healer so works best with lower health comps.

If youā€™re running both Moira and Mercy in a game youā€™re 1) doing something very wrong 2) either picking mercy or moira in the wrong situation 3) Mercy naturally outshines Moira anyway, her mobility allowes her to tend to the wounded a lot faster, she often can oitheal Moira if your decent at Mercy. Moira has a niche and so does mercy. Youā€™d find that naturally theyā€™d outshine depending on the comp theyā€™re working with.

I donā€™t need think Mercy would step on Moira toes at all, yes Moira pickrate may go down but Mercy should rise from, that measly 48% that you ever so love complaining about.

i donā€™t want to sound rude but you donā€™t seem interested in even keeping your mind open about Valkyrie and about my idea. You seem very set on finding flaws with Valkyrie and my suggestion so your idea is put in favour which isnā€™t very nice, not the way to have a discussion.

I mean you may think different however that is how I feel about the matter.

1 Like

Probably main issue with Valkyrie, is it being boring. You just hover behind frontlines, while chain beams do all the work. Itā€™s trying to do things you already supposed to do with base kit.

As for flaws, old ult had them too, but it was both unique and powerful.

Itā€™s the main thing holding Mercy back. Without Valkyrie, she could have an actual ultimate with Mass Res on Q, or some other Ultimate that is actually engaging, impactful, and rewarding to play. Valkyrie is hated both by people who play Mercy, as well as people who donā€™t play her, and since the rework Mercy was made OP for 5 months straight - Being very unfun to play against. Afterwards she was given 12+ nerfs, losing what little impact she had in the fight, and resorting to being a glorified spectator cam - besides being one of the most unrewarding ults in the game, itā€™s very unfun to play with.

Overall, I believe the rework has been a huge failure, and Blizzard would be doing everyone a favor with itā€™s removal, a Revert of Mass Res + Tweaks / Another Rework, and a new E ability. Something many people wanted since day one. :blush:

ā€œThis was a huge successā„¢Ā®ā€

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

6 Likes

Yeah I really dislike Valk, I played since launch and have took big breaks so coming back from Mass ress to Valk was a serious downgrade. Iā€™m still shocked they class that as an ultimateā€¦ compared to other support kits like anti-nade, nano, trans etc.

Could at least make both Heal and Dmg boost beams activate at the same time during Valk.

7 Likes

Yes, get rid of Valkyrie & just make GA independent mobility.

Mass rez isnā€™t coming back though

2 Likes

Reduce Valkyrie Active Time to 10 seconds
While Resurrect is off cool down and Valkyrie is active Resurrect becomes an AOE Resurrect.
Ta da. Mercy is fixed.

I personally feel that it would work a lot better as an e ability, rather than an ultimate. Either way, I agree. Itā€™s been a serious downgrade indeed. :blush:

At that point I would rather prefer Mercy to have res charges, that are earned through her healing / damage boost, which are then used exclusively in Valkyrie. Nonetheless, that would certainly be an upgrade over what she has now. :slight_smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

I donā€™t want the free flying gone though :c I love that about Mercy. Can we move it to an ability or a short passive? I really do love Valkyrieā€¦

:sun_with_face:

4 Likes

To be fair she would still be earning the power of a big rez again. I just feel as if that will give the power that Valkyrie is lacking whilst keeping Valkyrie as an ultimate without making it broken. It will promote CD management and not punish players by burning an ultimate to Tempo Resurrect which is the optimal way of using Resurrect. But give that burst impact that Mercy is lacking.

Just turn GA into a free flight on a resource/countdown-CD

1 Like