Swap E-Rez with Valkyrie | Make Rez an Ultimate Again

Whoa so mods merge threads huh

I think there is a difference between dps hide to kill the enemy and healer hide to let their teammate die.

Just saying

EDIT: please mods merge every op future mercy topics in this thread.

-Thanks

Well, her ult didn’t have anything for alive teammates, which could be added. You resurrected killed teammates, but you don’t suddenly heal surviving teammates to full health.

And, if you don’t hide, you would simply die from ults, and no resurrect will take place. Hide too early, and teammates will be wiped second time, hide too late, and you will die.

You could bring teammates back, but you had to be alive to do that :woman_shrugging:

I wouldn’t mind 20s for the cooldown. I was trying to consider the fact that she would be able to fly, have infinite ammo, and have better healing at 75hp/s. Also this version of Valk only has a single beam, not the chains. Someone suggested that she could probably damage boost and heal at the same time as well, which may work for the 6 second duration, but I would rather keep her ability to switch between the two to allow for more engagement of the ability.

I also say 6 seconds since it’s an E move, and would equate to roughly 450hp of healing, which I think would be a nice sweet spot in terms of how much she would be able to heal in that time period, without overdoing it. Maybe her damage boost could also be bumped up to 40% as well. Just to sweeten the deal for those who use that time to boost their team mates. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

3 Likes

well, dragons are considered one of the worst ult in the game. Literally, the moment zarya’s grav was nerfed hanzo dropped out of meta, despite his kit being still overtuned as hell.

Still, what i meant is that hide’n’rez wasn’t the main reason. It was mercy’s reliance on it to be good. So they decided to bring it to E, then had the bad choice to make valk amplify rez to mass rez levels.
Vanilla valk was able to pull off 4 rezzes in the span of 20 seconds.
Simply put, they did wrong with the rework, no one is going to disagree on that.

But mass rez was dooming her to be either meta, or the worst healer and her entire worth was on how often she could rez. She was too unreliable to be played competitively and wasn’t a safe pick.
Now they found a balance where mercy has her niche and isn’t outshining every other healer.

and all off those had restrictions and trade offs mass rez did not so compairing the two is completely irrelevant without aruging about

hypotheticals which is basically the most fighting with opinions type of discussion you can have

I respectfully disagree

In my opinion, given the power of this particular ability, it shouldnt be usable as often as other cooldown-based abilities

1 Like

I honestly think they should scrap the idea of valk. I don’t think it as an ability would be good

I know I’m talking too much but I think the cast time should be based on the number of Teammates Down. For example, each team mate down adds 0.3s to cast time. (0.3s for 1 man rez ,up to 1.5s for 5 man rez)
This will be high risk high reward/low risk low reward :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mercy just needed something to use mid-fight, when healing no longer sustains team, but ults are not used yet, so resurrect should be saved for later.

Mass rez is never coming back, hihi c: It would be wise to come up with other ideas if you want them to be heard.

1 Like

Stop crushing my dreams ):

That why she need ult that Help her teammate while they are alive rather than they are dead, your teammate also can play better to stay alive rather than relying on single ult to undo their mistakes.

i know Transcendance can do that but it only save him from sustained damage not from burst damage so of the enemy used rip tire or dva self distruction they are screwed, so your teammate have to play carefully because not every ults can save them.

I’m sowwy BillyMays:'c

she still would have been reliant on E, no matter what they’d give her.
Also, we don’t know what they tried internally. Maybe they tried valk on E at one point and found it didn’t work, who knows?
I think Rez just should have straight up not be in the game. It has only created problems and massive breakdowns among the playerbase.
I think the only game that pulled off rez well was Paladins. Not only there’s a character with an ability that specifically says “prevents slain enemies from being rezzed”, so far the only rez ability is a self rez on a tank. That also explodes and deals massive damage, to avoid people just circling him again while rezzing.

I agree, though I think the cast time is unnecessary and should just be implemented as original Resurrect without invulnerability frames. What would keep this powerful instead of a gimmick like the original ult would be the implementation of Valkyrie as the common “e” ability which would provide the mobility necessary to survive if played correctly. Resurrect would likely have some sort of LOS checks in place and Valkyrie should last 6-8 seconds and begin a 12-15 second cooldown at the end of its duration, sort of how Torbjorn’s Overload was implemented

And Valkyrie is really bad at saving team from both, unfortunately.

1 Like

No this is what this thread is for! Thanks for your suggestions! I like that idea as well. I believe I’ve made some suggestions regarding some sort of “dynamic rez” in one of the other Mercy idea proposal threads. Either way, I’m all for it. :smiley:

Oh I apologize, but I disagree.

You are making the assumptions that they couldn’t have simply given Mass res tweaks to allow for counterplay. The trade off of Mass res was Mercy having 50hp, and no decent self-defence capabilities. That trade-off was in fact, so effective, that the devs felt that they needed to buff Mercy with invincibility on her res, just to make her viable.

Making her Mass res with LoS, damage reduction instead of invincibility, a 1.25s cast time, and the ability to reset her ult counter back to 0 when she either dies before pulling off her res, or cancelling it herself, are what I find to be solutions to all of those problems, and allow for countless opportunities of counterplay.

Let’s think outside the box on how Mass res could have been fixed, eh? There were many ways to balance it. They simply chose not to do so, and caved in to the pros / streamers whining about how “unfun it was to play against.” :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

But in my opinion is very good and very powerful in other ways

1 Like

In DPS ways? Maybe so, won’t argue with that.

With apologies - I cant speak to that, as I do not know what “dps ways” means

1 Like