Swap E-Rez with Valkyrie | Make Rez an Ultimate Again

What’s this sort of elitism/entitlement with Rez?

That’s an oddly common as a complaint and I never got it

1 Like

Its about having variability that is controlled by your ability to perform your role well (as a healer in this case with Mercy) and that giving you access to the powerful and distinctive ability Rez creating the sense that your playing well is why you getting the chance to Rez rather than the current Rez which is just there and is static relative to your ability to play well.

2 Likes

Wonder when devs will find out, that Valkyrie buffs are not improving Mercy at all. No matter how you look at it, support ultimate that easily stopped by focus fire isn’t going to work.

1 Like

The only players I’ve seen complain about Mercy saying she’s not improving or is still trash is revert players. It’s hard to take any of you seriously sometimes so honestly I ignore most of you for the simple fact you won’t seem happy or satisfied with Mercy unless she gets a revert

You all ask for people to be open minded but the moment someone says she isn’t getting a revert or Valkyrie is good you expload and call us toxic and just harass us for having a different opinion. (It feels like it 90% of the time)

Seriously it’s just you guys that don’t like Mercy, revert players… it say something something. That’s why you’re ignored, you aren’t even giving the rework a chance nor will you ever…

But that’s just my opinion from my overall experience with you guys. Not fact.

4 Likes

It’s been explained multiple times, why Valkyrie is bad, via numbers.
Numbers do not care about personal opinions, and it’s fairly obvious, that teammate with 140/300 hps is surviving better, than with 60.

It also been explained, why buffing Valkyrie to acceptable levels will simply shift balance problem it presents to next healer.

Power of Valkyrie was mostly located in multiple rez charges it provided. It was removed, and suddenly it’s no good ult.

Rework had a chance, and it failed hard.

So even though Mercy was getting more healing than every other healer at 60 is not evidence enough Valkyrie worked?

Thing is, you really only use numbers that favour you when arguing your point. You only bring up her 48% pickrate or her 50% (can’t rember) winrates and literally base all your argument about those.

Not to mention you’re arguments show heavy bias just from reading previous posts and such. I personally cannot take someone serious when they show so much bias. I don’t know how they expect people to agree that don’t have such biases.

It’s simple, Valkyrie can recieve a small rework or buffs. She doesn’t need a full blown rework or revert like most of you literally suggested almost daily.

I like the idea of buffing her healing and damage boost heavily when in Valkyrie and cutting the duration to something like 6-8 seconds.

If you’re arguing that she needs more heals then my idea (based on you opinion on her healing) should agree with you delightfully.

3 Likes

No one cares about overall healing over course of match. Healing per second is what actually matters, as it determines, if your teammate will survive all that damage coming, or will die.

And if you buff Valkyrie’s healing, you now made Coalescence too weak, and have to buff Moira, which makes you buff Valkyrie again, and so on.

Well then, if you want her healing per second to be equal to Moira or Ana ultimates. My small Valkyrie rework should agree with you. Non?

Except it will cause further problems on different hero.

It’s acceptable rework, since it finally allows to keep teammates alive, but it has not very nice consequences for Moira. Would rather avoid power race between healers, just because their ults are so similar in what they do.

Which hero would it pose problems to?

Moira? If I go into detail on the rework (which I might) it might clear some things up.

• Nerf that duration to 6-8 seconds
  • Increase that healing to say 80-100 Hps. (Chain beams so it’s got to be weaker as to not outshine Moira.)
  • Increase damage boost (can’t remeber how much it amplifies base kit so I’m not going to set a number)
  • Increase Rez cast time to 1.25 seconds or 1 second.

I’m not saying I’ve solved everything that’s wrong with Mercy but I think I’ve done a fair job at dealing with some issues.

Ok, here are problems your rework can cause:

• Coalescence now objectively worse: extra 40 hps vs harder to heal everyone with ult, which doesn’t increase your survivability unlike Valkyrie;
  • If you buff damage boost (damage boost of Mercy is 30%), you run into Supercharger territory. Can really mess with it’s viability, if Valkyrie gets close to 50% damage boost;

It’s “how to fix one ult and break two more”, thanks to Valkyrie being low budget Transcendence/Supercharger combined.

So remove chain beams?

That would solve both problems in one action!

Also just a gritty little bone to pick, Moira ultimate does up her survivability by a fair amount, infinite regen during the duration and she gains a movements speed bonus. Not to mention she can both heal and dps during it.

Surprisingly, it won’t solve problem. Even with Coalescence, you generally need to heal only one player, that is leading your team, or taking most of the beating. With Valkyrie it’s much easier to do.

Coalescence doesn’t heal Moira, if she doesn’t deal damage.

I literally just replied to you on another thread you made about this exact same topic. Are you spamming the forums?

I’ll just link my post from the other thread since it’s basically what I’d say here anyway.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/valkyrie-please-remove-it/259663/22?u=lumin-1385

2 Likes

Problem is, rez is too powerful for ability, and will pull down whole kit. And it can’t be removed either, since it’s signature ability.

So there are no other options to have decent ultimate, other than with rez in it. You can put all restrictions you want, but reversing death is way too strong to have as regular ability.

Valkyrie, on the contrary, makes decent E ability, but as ultimate isn’t that great.

It could be removed. Yes, it’s a signature ability but so were scatter arrow and shield generator. The dev team has shown a willingness to remove core abilities in the past.

The thing is, it isn’t coming back as an ultimate. It’s just not going to happen. There is no way that it happens. So, if you want to change out valk or rez on E then rez has to go away entirely and Valk has to be something new not just mass res revisited. The dev team will NEVER revert. It will not happen regardless of what I personally want or do not want.

They already did reverts many times. And Hanzo’s signature ability is his sonic arrow, while for Symmetra it’s her turrets.

Really? I’ve never noticed that. Well you learn something new everyday.

She still gets increase in movement speed and can damage her opponents for more. Also your comparing 2 very dirasricly different support heroes. Yes they both are main healer but Moira is focused around bulky comps who need a lot of AOE healing, Mercy is a single target healer so works best with lower health comps.

If you’re running both Moira and Mercy in a game you’re 1) doing something very wrong 2) either picking mercy or moira in the wrong situation 3) Mercy naturally outshines Moira anyway, her mobility allowes her to tend to the wounded a lot faster, she often can oitheal Moira if your decent at Mercy. Moira has a niche and so does mercy. You’d find that naturally they’d outshine depending on the comp they’re working with.

I don’t need think Mercy would step on Moira toes at all, yes Moira pickrate may go down but Mercy should rise from, that measly 48% that you ever so love complaining about.

i don’t want to sound rude but you don’t seem interested in even keeping your mind open about Valkyrie and about my idea. You seem very set on finding flaws with Valkyrie and my suggestion so your idea is put in favour which isn’t very nice, not the way to have a discussion.

I mean you may think different however that is how I feel about the matter.

1 Like

Probably main issue with Valkyrie, is it being boring. You just hover behind frontlines, while chain beams do all the work. It’s trying to do things you already supposed to do with base kit.

As for flaws, old ult had them too, but it was both unique and powerful.