So today S4 was chatting with on Overwatch Associate Game Designer, Joshua Noh on some upcoming balance changes. Heres a few:
- Reverted the internal change to Rocket Punch distance (when canceled with a jump). They tried reducing the extra distance by 40%, but it felt bad during internal testing.
- Seismic Slam range reduced from 20 to 15 meters (max damage from 85 to 65).
- Enemies affected by Rising Uppercut only lose air control of their character for 0.6 seconds (essentially just during the ‘knocked up’ portion)
- Bastion’s Recon clip size increased from 25 to 35.
- Bastion’s Sentry minigun gets a ‘reverse-spread’ effect: the longer he shoots, the more precise his shots become. This was specifically described as a change that “may or may not make it.”
- Fan the Hammer damage increased by 10 damage per shot.
What do you guys think? Some of the Bastion changes look interesting. Doom getting nerfed is welcome, especially with the reduced air control for his uppercut.