Support role is dead in OW2

Actually…yes, I am.

Yes 225 allows him to survive Tracer a fraction of a second longer than he would with 200, and his stun is about as effective as Brigittes, however Brigitte also has a 250hp shield, a 70 damage 20m ranged boop that triggers inspire & forces Tracer to usually retreat & is on a 4 second cooldown (compared to flashbangs 10ish second cooldown), & can heal her teammates for quite a bit with repair pack & inspire.

I’d like to say one thing to people saying “You are jumping to conclusions… they got 6-8 months!”

Blizzard ignored all feed back for the year long betas for WoD, BFA, and Shadowlands, as well as ignored all the feed back in closed beta until almost 2 years later when they started to add in and change things that were suggested.

4 Likes

If anything is concise with blizzard and overwatch, its that they have a track record of being able to screw it up long term with little regard for the actual playerbase, what little hope there is, is gone.

You consider the minor* changes to Rein a rework? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Not that it matters if you do or not cause we lost one slot in the role entirely, so the changes that have been revealed so far do not outweigh the big :poop: in the face that will be solo tanking.

Yes, I know they are looking to change Tanks more into Brawlers but I have not seen changes to back that up and I’m not going to assume everything is fine and dandy with Blizzard’s track record.

*The Tank and Support Roles are dead in OW2.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This is wrong, there will be at least 2 new DPS, Tanks, and Supports. As well as them all being reworked.

Plenty of new heroes to play.

God don’t I know it - it’s just going to be a perpetual slaughter one way or the other, whoever gets the leg up to start with will probably snowball it from there.

The only healer that can undo a death is mercy. Mercy can’t do it without protection, which she has less of now, which means ressing someone that just died will be even more suicidal than it used to be.

Which means every time someone goes down, it’s going to be a big deal, because now you’re short that person in your composition and theoretically the other DPS is off trying to kill the enemy’s healers, so you’ve got what, Mercy, Zen, and Rein left over?

They’re gonna get eaten alive well before they can get that res off.

All I see in this game is : If you get a kill early, you’ve won the fight.

I’ll wait and see. But if supports don’t get reworks and we only get 1 or 2 new heros the roles dead to me from the start. Been support since beta, won’t have much interest in more of the same ol same ol when DPS are shiny and new and the star of the show.

1 Like

I thought it was common knowledge she was designed as an answer to flankerwatch

And, as twist of irony, she became good for flankerwatch, with Tracer and repair pack(with armor) being considered dangerous enough to get rid of armor in repair packs entirely.

Yea, it is. I’m asking who said Brig is losing the purpose she was made for (to deter flankers)

I agree. I have big fears for OW2:

Devs said she is losing stun portion of bash, as we saw in the OWL match. Now she poses little to no threat to tracer-genji-doomwatch as she has 2nd lowest dps in game just below Winston

Of course this will all probably change with her unseen rework, I know this lol. I was just irritated how they keep stripping her purpose away. She used to be only one to provide overarmor, now that’s gone. She was able to stun flankers, now that’s gone

They better have a good rework that gives her an actual purpose and reason to be picked, that’s all I’m sayin :triumph:

1 Like

What if she’s an even better flanker deterrent with whatever rework is in store? That’s all I’m saying. We don’t know what’s happening with her. Brigitte is one of my most played heroes, so whatever happens I just want her to be good.

1 Like

I really hope so, or at least one of the new heroes are. With so much CC being removed, OW2 is gonna turn into “who has better flankers” simulator if there’s not a good answer to counter them

Me too :hugs:

2 Likes

the tanks you mentionned are improved. others like Sigma and Orisa are being reworked. some heroes like Doomfist will probably become tanks. the tank role is getting the attention it deserves, and so is the dps role.
the support role is already the most “boring” one with the least number of heroes, and they are not willing to improve it and make it more fun and engaging. we are only hearing about nerfs across the board with no new support hero being announced or leaked…

Well no, what they did was worse. They said that supports will largely play the same.

Then we get pros playing, and they talk about sombra and bastion reworks and they didn’t even mention the MAJOR nerfs across the board for supports.

It wasn’t until people started asking about it did they even acknowledge that anything had even happened.

They didn’t announced them, cauz these changes was just a test and they are not set in stone yet. This is the reason, why it was bad that pros were talking about these changes.

What? Where?

Not a single tank got reworked, and majority of those revealed just got heavily nerfed from their current state. Adding right click to monkey is hardly a rework.

5v5 is a bad idea…
Unlucky