Support is saved!

He thought it was High noon.

He thought…

You seems to ignore that there are two sides of a coin to the support player base size. You seem to be concentrating on “making support more attractive”, while rest of the thread mostly concentrates on “keeping support player base at least on current level, for it not to shrink even further”.

Improving support survivability might not make support role more attractive, but would at least keep the current support player base playing it, thus not making the situation even worse than it is.

Right now the game is pretty much the tank and DPS on each team are going after the supports of other team, if possible ignoring the other team’s tank and DPS to get the supports first, then mop up the rest.

They should have made a short term improvement of escapability for supports (or at least the less mobile heroes from the lineup), then rethink the whole support lineup and abilities, to match the 5v5 format.

What makes it even worse is that they realized this was a problem long time ago - they added the self healing passive after beta with content creators, because supports were dying too much. They did nothing after that in beta 2, there was no change to role in season 1 and there is no change in season 2, they only talk about it; but offer no short term bandaid help while we wait for the supposed reworks. Start of season 2 was already too late, mid-season patch probably won’t change anything either, Season 3 is 2 months away, let’s hope by that time there will be support players left at all.

But it nerfs Genji, Reaper and Mei.
People wanted a potential meta change and imo, it could be it.
As Ashe can be countered by LoS, I’m not sure she’s that OP.
For Echo,Sojourn and Tracer, I guess we’ll see. Tracer might be a beast now also because of DPS buff.

When a DPS kills yours, you get without protector and they get a speed buff. The only way to survive as a support was teleport/dash ; all other were just dead.
Same when you get flanked, both supports would die ; now there’s a better chance that one survives.

I guess its time to return to the shield meta, otherwise we won’t handle against the sleep dart each 14 seconds.

Oh Im sorry, theres already a passive that gives life regen … what else do you think its needed, shields? Should we make Support tanks? Do you want them to have 1 shots every 5 sec or what?

Also theres A LOT of difference between “more survability” and “making them OP”. Kinda weird that you are pretending I said something I didnt because a fallacy doesnt refute anything I’ve said. Shocker!

I mean I am a Flex player with more time on Tank and Support than anything else but sure go ahead.

Again IDK why you act like I said “Supports should not have more survivability” when I literally said the underlying tone was that it was ok to make Supports OP.

Let me spell this out for you:
Overpowered =/= More resilience

We cool? Cool :sunglasses:

op said they nerfed her damage bro which is what I was responding to. nobody said they should nerf her damage

Now I know you’re either trolling or oblivious.

1 Like

So we shouldnt buff and promote her original intended playstyle, but we should promote her swapping to her pistol and shooting like a dps? Do people realize that her kit is literally focused in full support and that her gun has 0 abilities outside being a gun?

Because they want ppl to fully healbot on her.

He does go on to say in a reply that Sojourn does have an effect on this. Not surprising because why wouldn’t you want to pocket a busted damage hero.

Meanwhile, Doomfist…

So why is it ok to make tanks and dps op? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d rather have them make it so Mercy’s staff melee doesn’t stop her beam lock-on than this gun buff tbh. :sweat_smile:
Or give her back her old Valkyrie gun.

Just realistic buddy, sorry you hate realist takes :man_shrugging:

Who said that?

1 Like

I dunno. Who said they want supports to be OP? We just want to be able to play the game without being stressed out and instantly deleted by everyone hyper focusing us :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve never met someone who referred to themselves as a realist before. :clown_face:

1 Like

I dont think you understand what “underlying tone” means mate.

Again, this “rant” OP started because apparently its bad to nerf Supports and the buffs were ridiculous … that implies that underlying tone.
Its basically complaining with no actual suggestion at all. It means nothing, it moves no discussion forward. Its just victimism for the sake of being “offended”.

I know fully well what “underlying tone” means. That isn’t what the OP is saying. What the OP is saying is supports were hopeful that this patch would improve the already dismal position of the support role due to promised buffs to support and nerfs to, as an example, Sojourn. What ended up happening is Sojourn got ironically buffed, a couple of dive / flankers got buffed so they could kill supports even faster, and supports got… well, extremely minor extremely situational buffs.

One second lower cd on sleep dart isn’t going to save Ana from being dived by Doomfist, Genji and Tracer. 5 extra bullets isn’t going to save Mercy from a railgun headshot out of the blue. Kiriko got rebalanced so her power was shifted a little away from her ult and into her kit which is nice but she’s still an Ult bot. The rest of the supports, including probably the worst supports in the game atm Brig and Zen, got absolutely nothing except even more abuse from divers and flankers.

Is it really that hard to believe that supports might actually want to be able to play the game without being forced to go to one of the 3 supports that have a chance of escaping with mobility else constantly die to being hyper focused? Is it really that hard to believe that support players might be disappointed that the promised buffs were basically nothing while solid anti-support killers got some big buffs?

No one wants the support role to be OP. They want the support role to be fun and playable. The current meta of ignore the tank, ignore the DPS, focus down the supports first… is neither.

9 Likes

Yeah you say 1 thing, but sounds like the other.
Again, dont twist things, the victimism gets annoying. We all have eyes, ears and a brain.

The DF buffs and the Sojourn changes are bad, but thats not because they want Supports to be bad (which is clearly the tone here). Its really weird when something happens and for some mental gymnastics and backwards logic, it all falls down to “Nah, they just want Supports to be trash”.

Its really weird and awkward. And yes, we all agree DF was trash and now its too much, but that has nothing to do with Supports. They messed up the balance in all ways, with no particular shadowban intention to Supports.