Support is saved!

too much tbh, mercy glocked me, nerf her again

on head shots? no it isnā€™t. iā€™ve seen even high ranked players struggle to consistently land headshots.

iā€™m talking to you, asking why her damage would be nerfed, in direct response to

what is there to be confused about.

Five more bullets. Thatā€™s one for each of her teammates with an extra to lodge in her own forehead when the enemy genji deflects! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Reduced not removed. I wouldnā€™t compare sojā€™s slow or zen boop to regular (hard, as you put it) CCā€™s either

Kind of a reach

Pocketing should not be promoted, right click + shift is not good game design

4 Likes

DPS have no longer speedboost upon killing, that what might be saving supports in season 2.

The Doom patchnotes are already longer than the entire support changes.
10/10 thread

Yeah! I love these changes! I love getting absolutely butt plugged by Doom/Tracer as Zenyatta! Letā€™s GO!

Actually, the Kirikoā€™s changes are satisfactory to me. I like how they improved her shift teleport (now you just have to hold shift and it doesnā€™t bug anymore).

Itā€™s easier to deal damage and switch back to healing and the auto wall climb just makes her smoother to play in my opinion.

As far as Mercyā€™s concerned, I agree they didnā€™t do much. They understood that Mercy needed to have her damage buffed but pistol definitely has to go so Mercy can finally deal damage with the same weapon sheā€™s using to heal, aka ā€œthe staffā€. She doesnā€™t need two different weapons, especially not in 5v5 that is faster paced (for DPS heroes mostly).

I played Tracer and itā€™s really easy to one-clip a 200 HP hero xDā€¦ then I played some 4v4 and I got destroyed by a Tracer as Anaā€¦ If I didnā€™t use grenade on myself in less than 1 second, I was a dead support hahaā€¦

ā€œWe are sensitive to the issues support are facing.ā€

honk honk

3 Likes

Every time I start regaining faith in humanity, I just come here to check latest achievements of developers. And it works.

8 Likes

They made doomfist way too good, he deserved it, but my god will it ruin him later because everyone will complain and want major nerfs.

1 Like

Ah yes sureā€¦ And thatā€™s why shroud one of the best fps player couldnā€™t get more then 35% crit DMG with her.

Who sat on a monkeys paw when writing these changes? Doomfist couldā€™ve used half these changes, not all of them.

Even without the speed boost the even faster reload speed buff is gonna turn them into caffine twitching trigger fingers.

Itā€™s actually terrifyingly good on Ashe, Echo, Sojourn and Tracer from what Iā€™ve played today.

IDK what is worse, people complaining about the nerfs and buffs (which yes, some of them are ridiculous) or this underlying tone of "If we make Supports OP, queues magically will be better".

OOF 2x.

How? Dive is the problem. DPS arenā€™t casually murdering a tank and then turning around to use the buff to kill supports. Theyā€™re going for supports, which means they donā€™t have the buff. They get it after the support dive. This solves almost nothing for support.

1 Like

Iā€™m so thrilled by these changes, I canā€™t really believe Blizzard actually listened to support players and nailed it.

As Ana I canā€™t wait to sleep monkey 1 second earlier, it makes such a difference! Feels so OP. Expecting my winrate to increase drastically (48% now, never been so low). Maybe I will use dps Mercy this season. Those 5 extra bullets are true gold and will make me carry in most situations now. Thank you Blizzard!!!

5 Likes

If you give supports more survivability people wonā€™t ignore tanks and go for easy kills on the backline, then less support will be queuing as DPS/tank. Shocking, I know.

5 Likes

Seriously I liked this.

1 Like