Support is saved!

No one said they want supports to be bad? We’re saying the balance changes were god awful and made a bad situation far worse. You’re the one putting words in our mouths. No one is accusing Blizzard of being devious mustache twirling villains thinking of ways to kill off supports. We’re accusing Blizzard of being incompetent at best, liars at worst. They say one thing, and deliver something else entirely.

Even if you ignore the dismal situation of supports, the rest of the balance changes are still awful. Doomfist needed a buff, yes. He didn’t need THAT much of a buff, not even close. And as far as I can tell, no one was asking for that much of a buff. Sojourn needed a nerf, and they said they’d give her a nerf. What they instead did was give her a net buff. Symmetra is in a pretty poor spot and they wanted to buff her up a little, but apparently buffing Symm means taking away from one part of her kit, and giving it to another, rather than trying to fix her fundamental flaws. Tracer out of nowhere gets the ability to one-clip people again. Junkerqueen REALLY needed help, being one of the worst tanks (though not quite as bad as Doomfist was and Hammond still is), but they give her a tiny self-sustain buff… and increase the size of her hitbox and her head hitbox so she takes a lot more damage.

The entire patch was just… wrong!

9 Likes

Instant entry into matches as support since S2 went live :rofl:

Support mains are exiting the building, while DPS players pile into tank role to use Ram making tank queue extra long.

This game is sinking even faster now.

3 Likes

Actions speak louder, than words.

4 Likes

+1 , And when the other support leaves, you spend 2 or 3 minutes with 1 less player in the team, the game doesn’t find supports.

Bravo OW TEAM, you have achieved it, the supports is worse than in S1!!!.

4 Likes

As a mercy main I feel nearly unstoppable with my +5 ammo :military_helmet:

4 Likes

As a Mercy main, I feel unstoppable playing Ashe instead of dealing with support’s BS.

7 Likes

pew pew pew pewwww Ramattra laughs at you as he lifts you into the air and then crushes you.

3 Likes

in my opinion Past Season We were hit by Oneshot so easily that it was quite difficult to play.

Yeah and lets make Tracer OP again so healers have 0 survivability.

Seriously, how can you take decisions this bad, Blizzard?

5 Likes

you are new to the game ? they have been doing it for years the only thing they put effort into is when they have to nerf the supports they will nerf a hero overnight, but when it comes to a buff they just give him crap and on top of that they take a long time but if it is something for a top tier dps that never leaves META then they hurry up and give him buff or nerf all his counters.

I’m extremely confident that’s the true reason they hid Ranks/Borders - To try and reduce queue times, but completely botched the matchmaking itself.

So many games just feel decided as soon as they start.

4 Likes

it’s honestly baffling, they are planning a brig rework but they delayed it.
understandable but seriously, why are they so slow to address a problem that was evident since beta 1?

Because in the process they inevitably anger other 2 roles.

In other words, they try desperately to maintain status quo, while creating imitation of work.

the problem is that they have no clue wht they want to do because this game was rushed and blizzard is notoriously hard and slow at correcting course once they have a goal set in mind.
they wanted solo tank and no cc and forgot completely to balance the game around it because balance is priority number 10

They definitely know, that making killing supports harder will upset other 2 roles by a lot.

It’s just how they always balance game - one role is left to suck, permanently. In OW1 it was tank role, now it would be support role.

Have you ever stopped to consider maybe the support issue is more a player issue than a support issue?

Ngl i mostly play support and dont see any of these problems…

The problem is people try to play support being entirely a healbot, and thus never develop the skills to defend themselves, as such when they do get focused they stand no chance to defend themselves…

Flankers and divers are less likely to target you when they know you pose as much a threat to them as they do to you…

Ngl, when playing tank or damage i always target mercys… because i know the majority of people who play her are incapable of defending themselves, that and shes an enabler thus isnt great at self defense to begin with

And I will specifically let you kill me easy, so you die of boredom then.

1 Like

Well I sure hope not because honestly I really like the role as it is now. I just don’t have faith they can solve the problem and still leave it fun for support mains.

Wont happen. Your inability or refusal to identify when you need to swap and actually doing it… circles back to it being a player problem not a role problem

It would happen. I do love making players like you regret attacking me, as I refuse to entertain them.

Always nice to hear mocking “why aren’t you fighting back” that soon enough turns into screams “come on, fight me!”.

1 Like