Suggestions for Mercy from someone with too much time on her šŸ“

What are you talking about? i responded to what you said about mass rez not current rez.

You wanna try actually responding to a comment thatā€™s directed to you?

irrelevant as i did not mention her current ult once. you wanna try to stay on topic instead of redirecting it?

okā€¦ and? what point are you trying to make? You can win a 5v6 not sure if you know this

Ok. This is your point right here.

You stated before that.

Your argument is centred around last fights. Iā€™m arguing fights leading up all the way to the end fight. Baiting out Resurrect was easy thatā€™s why Mercy didnā€™t see pro play. Because it was simple to make Mercy use it yet nobody wanted to do it and resorted to getting rid of a whole defensive ultimate.

Of course, the last fight is going to be hard to win. It has made it almost impossible to win a fight involving ultimates from both sides for the side with a Mercy on it to win the last fight because Valkyrie doesnā€™t have the impact the other ultimate provides.

There is no need for a sustained healing ultimate like Valkyrie unless we have a sustained DPS ultimate that does consistent damage to the enemy without killing them. Most ultimates have burst impact able to kill an enemy team in seconds. Where Valkyrie is a long drawn out ultimate over a long period of time providing consistent healing that canā€™t outheal AIMING with Left Clicks.

The last fight is hard to win so you must use all your ults but mercy undid that and made it extremely easy for the enemy team and rewarded mistakes. There is an ult that does sustained damage and itā€™s soldiers and many times you wonā€™t get kill unlike burst damage ults like genji. i like how you use Proplay as an arguement the thing .5 percent of players do ok nice point. you keep bringing up valk while i was showing how your comparison between mass rez and trans was wrong.

Because her ultimate was easy to use. We get that. Iā€™ve been on the same page as everyone else that complained about the ultimate. Iā€™ve seen the downsides. Iā€™ve talked with people that hated it. I understand what was wrong. The ease of use and the impactfulness of the ultimate was far too much.

Still has the potential to kill especially since his shots become much more consistent and donā€™t miss. Itā€™s not like I can sit and overheal my allies so they canā€™t die before his ultimate gets used.

Because Transcendence has counterplay while itā€™s being used. Mass Resurrect never had visible counterplay. Even less while it was being used because it had instant effects.

Weā€™ve been fighting the same fight. Mercy needs an earned Resurrect again to give her a new skill floor. Just because you have Valkyrie doesnā€™t guarantee you to win. Especially with ultimates that charge just as fast ie. Moira whose ultimate can negate the effects of Valkyrie entirely while healing her teammates.

This is my idea. Basically incorporates everything that you have said. Giving Mercy an ability that doesnā€™t ruin the flow of her kit. Having an E ability that can be flexible to use and making Resurrect a lot harder to pull off.

1 Like

iā€™m sorry but i donā€™t want mass rez back in the game in any form. Especially if mercy can fly use ult and be unrestricted in her movement in flight while rezzing. Giving mass rez back as well as valk on E would be worse than mercy 1.0

Typical response. You are entitled to an opinion. Personally Resurrect as an ultimate needs to come back because having it as an ability on CD is annoying to deal with for both sides.

3 Likes

itā€™s not annoying to deal with as an enemy because you can stop it. You canā€™t stop a flying mercy who is rezzing her entire team.

Does Resurrect still have a +75% slow? Youā€™ve stated the cast time is still present, but you havenā€™t said anything about the slow.

Iā€™m guessing not, otherwise you would have said it is.

If it is present though, I think your idea may just end up being a net nerf to Mercyā€™s Rez. You said yourself here:

that Rez could either be gained at the same rate or slower than on live.

Your proposed idea may end up being much the same as Rez on live, but on a longer cooldown.

1 Like

With the counter play I suggested above you wouldnā€™t be able to counter Resurrect as an ultimate? Because if you couldnā€™t that would be pretty bad on your part and Mercy would 100% deserve that Resurrect.

1 Like

Because she would be flying with unrestricted movement? and have the same speed as valk release? At least with current rez you can stun her out of it. How will you stun the mercy when sheā€™s flying.

She flies too high you throw a Winston shield and she canā€™t Resurrect allies below her. Did you forget about that point.

2 Likes

You clearly never played at a high level, I see. Plenty of Mercies got shut down as they flew in for Rez. Stop trying to balance Mercy around Bronze ffs.

2 Likes

I agree that rez should be earned, not given. Also, it should fit with Mercyā€™s concept as a mobile support, something that current rez doesnā€™t. About valkirie, I think the first thing we should sacrifice is the chained beams because it is bad design. Valkirie is just a redundant ez mode that allows you to make up your skills if you are not so good, it removes all skill taken from her basics.

Despite I could work with other things, the best way I see to change her would be bringing some new type of aoe rez (not the old one with the i-frames, as we knew it, Iā€™m talking about reworking it), balance that ultimate, and turn valkirie into an E ability with reduced power, something like free flight or a single healing burst, never aoe. Why not? Because a good Mercy can always solo heal her team just using her skills with her basics, there is no need of an ez mode.

However, if Blizz decides to bring back some interesting use of rez again during Mercyā€™s ult and enhance valkirie in order to fit with its own voice line (ā€œHeroes never die!ā€), Iā€™m listening.

All you had to do was check my profile to see iā€™m higher than you. why does sr matter that much? iā€™m not talking about ga iā€™m talking about valk mercy becomes a jet with valk and is very hard to kill.

Again. Iā€™m going to tell you this very slowly so you can understand.

You. Donā€™t. Need. To. Kill. Mercy. At. All. Focus. A. Target. Like. You. Would. With. Zenyattaā€™s. Discord. And. Mercy. Wonā€™t. Be. Able. To. Outheal. The. Damage.

2 Likes

Just click on her LUL 4Head. iā€™ll try my best to focus her down with my console aim thanks for the advice.

And i love how youā€™re a typical mercy, condescending as hell.

This!
16 characters!

1 Like