Suggestions for Mercy from someone with too much time on her 📝

This something that I experienced. I’m all to familiar with DMB on a DPS that gives me zero ticks such as a Tac Visor Soldier (thou that is something I began to use as a gauge to their worth to the team for Rez consideration).

I also learned after the nerfs that engaging with Valkyrie triggered the enemy team to use Ultimates so I stopped doing that because Valkyrie just doesn’t standup to them. Valkyrie I found to be best used to save myself, or fly from spawn because Mercy’s basics and just being alive is all that has mattered most of the time.

Single point Rez is often RNG that isn’t worth it (i.e. the person to be Rezzed just isn’t worth bringing back sooner because the fight is either over or the fight goes on long enough for them to walk back from spawn). That is why I feel some see it as useless because that one teammate isn’t really what will make a difference (especially considering why only they are dead).

I too come from a MOBA background where Ultimates have high impact but you don’t get often while the lesser power abilities on lower cooldowns.

Right now it feels flipped on Mercy. I play as if Valkyrie and Rez were on the opposite keys and it works out much better that way in games.

1 Like

Ok so if it’s “complicated” for I’m guessing the player from reading what they wrote back to you, then maybe we need to just bring her Resurrect back to her ultimate again.

We all agree it needs to be earned again. No matter how well I play I can’t do anything to change that CD it’s 30 seconds regardless of what I do. When I had it as an ultimate I was able to have it frequently up getting a lot more Resurrects in a game through Tempo Resurrects and it felt great to use.

I remember when people would tell me that I carried games with how well I played in high tier. Now I don’t feel that special moment anymore and it sucks.

I just want Mercy to be in a better spot. I’m down with Resurrect as a charged ability but if they won’t do it because it would be too complicated for the player we need it moved back to an ultimate. With added counterplay and Valkyrie as an ability that will provide Mercy with an engagement tool that can be used frequently without punishing the flow of her kit.

2 Likes

Are you referring to an anubis match? I am pretty sure you are, that’s the case I remember saying that. I usually say that when I draw attention to my location to the enemy team before a fight on the left when I know they want to dive me, than tell my Lucio to cover for my absence while I literally go back through spawn and be on the right and then initiate with my team, but no, not wait for res. Simply waiting for them to dive the wrong side.

3 Likes

Exactly there was a difference between cutting your beam for 2-3 seconds while your team is being pelted by ultimates to not blow your cover so you wouldn’t get dove on top of. To literally sitting in a boiler room with a sit emote waiting for your team to die so you can get a 5 Man Resurrect.

I learned a lot about Tempo Resurrecting from Eeveea’s stream and I used it and climbed my way to the ranks I am now.

Sad how that’s the stereotype we have to face day in and day out it’s so lame.

2 Likes

Indeed it needs to be earned, and in terms of gameplay clarity seems best suited as an Ultimate. As it stands Resurrect doesn’t represent good playmaking; I find its just there despite its power it is not meaningful. If I die while Rezzing I’ll have it back by the time I’m back from spawn in most cases, yet its a pain toward the mobility concept of Mercy, so I don’t look forward to using.

I don’t feel that moment now either and haven’t throughout the Rework. :disappointed_relieved:
I sometimes wonder if I’m making any difference in some games at least on an emotional level.

Seems the Resurrection Ultimate is more aligned to a better flowing kit…

But this is needed with those changes in mind.

Yawn

So what’s your source? I have provided mine. You’re here saying “No it doesn’t” without providing anything to back your claims. Please, provide a source for your numbers, unless that one source happens to be your rear end?

The first guide starts off with a section labeled “Story” which provides a background of Zenyatta’s lore. The second one is just a series of charts in which a CTRL+F for “story” brings up nothing.

You didn’t even glance at the links, and you’re clearly grasping at straws.

When the official Overwatch site does not provide numbers, one must resort to the next most reliable sources: third party websites. It’s not like there are going to be any .gov or .edu sites that provide Overwatch stats. Besides, when so many sites are consistent with the same data, the reliability of those websites and the data within them increases.

I have provided six independent online sources backing my statement, and those were accomplished with only 2 Google searches. I can go dig out more sources if I need to by simply clicking on the next page of the Google search.

You, on the other hand, have yet to provide a source, probably because you do not have one.

Yes, it does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGXbVzkT2TA

Notice how none of Zenyatta’s teammates died until after Transcendence ended.

It is valid for other heroes, but it is especially valid for Mercy.

Did I? You’re still here and I haven’t seen you make a true statement yet.

Please, highlight where I contradicted myself.

I’ll wait.

Nah, I think you have no hope. You still have yet to cite any sources or reinforce your assertions with facts.

And that’s where the reading comprehension comes in. 1 and 4 are totally different things. 1 is killing Mercy herself, as the ultimate cannot be used if Mercy is dead. 4 is putting spacial or chronological distance between the deaths of Mercy’s teammates.

I’m acing them, actually. Thank you for your concern.

Mercy’s SR gains were never messed up until Season 5. Season 4 was my first season in GM, and I had been climbing consistently since season 3; you know, when Mercy was considered a “troll-pick”.

I don’t know what Tekken is so whatever you say that follows is probably falling on deaf ears.

I didn’t bring up my rank until you said that I must have a poor understanding of the game so…

You’re being hypocritical.

Still waiting on you to show me where I’m contradicting myself.

Because they still stand. There’s no point in revising arguments if the other person has failed utterly at shooting them down or in some cases, understanding them.

Mercy doesn’t need buffs… She needs a rework.

Now that I’ve waded through that, let’s revisit the irony behind this statement:

• Failure to capitalize when starting a sentence.
  • There should be a comma after the first “doesn’t”.
  • “i’ve” should be capitalized to “I’ve”.
  • The “it really doesn’t” at the end is pointless and redundant, and it is poorly attached to the rest of the sentence. There should either be a semicolon after “recently” or a period followed by the capitalization of “it” after that same word.
  • There should be period at the end of the sentence.
  • The first word in the sentence is not capitalized.
  • This is one hilariously long run-on sentence. There should be a question mark after “links” rather than a comma and “you” should be capitalized, there should be a period after “word for word” and “haven’t” should be capitalized, and there should be a question mark after “Sources”.
  • “wikipedia” should be capitalized, as it is a proper noun.
  • “gamepedia” should be capitalized, as it is a proper noun.
  • “literally” was used in a non-literal context.
  • Continued lack of capitalization when beginning sentences.
  • There’s no punctuation after “it’s” even though it is a paragraph of its own.
  • There should be a comma after “instant”.
  • “ana” should be capitalized.
  • “pharah’s” should be capitalized.
  • “soldier’s” should be capitalized.
  • “bastions” should be capitalized, and there should be an apostrophe before the “s”.
  • There should be a period after “inside”, and “thanks” should be capitalized.
  • Between “my point” and “it doesn’t”, there should be something to join those two clauses. “that” would work, a semicolon would work, or a period and capitalization would work.
  • There should be a direct object after “outheal”, followed by a period.

Most of these errors repeat throughout your posts, but just to top it off:

• Also doesn’t know how to use “there”, “their”, and “they’re”. That “their” should be “there”.

About those English classes…

5 Likes

Wasting time is exactly what I’m on the forums to do, honestly.

So no. I won’t stop talking about it.

2 Likes

With Rez being up the enemy team would reasonably assume that its up and therefore would want to dive the Mercy. That makes this action a positioning outplay not “Hide n’ Rez”.

However, with some people’s posts in the forums they take any time that Mercy isn’t “in the fight with a beam on someone” as hiding.

1 Like

Touche my friend touche

2 Likes

This is literally all you need to back up any argument that was placed against Mass Resurrect. Ana nade + Transcendence = 450HP healing for 4 seconds and the rest of the 6 seconds is 300HP. Enough to counter several Overwatch ultimates with the use of 1 ultimate. So any argument in place about Resurrect being the only thing countering multiple ultimate’s is completely false because Zenyatta can equally do the same thing except it’s in the heat of the moment.

7 Likes

It was on Ilios, IIRC. But the point was that your play-style was held up as text-book “hide-and-rez” by the Mercy-hating crowd. And it was also the play-style that most people in other ranks demanded of Mercy players to use. (“EeveeA’s the best, and she does it this way, so should you.”)

I played even more aggressively than that. (Probably part of the reason I’ve been ranked so low - the main reason though being that I can’t really aim for :poop:, at least not on a computer screen)

You could still get more than one rez in thirty seconds if this was applied. what’s wrong with the current one? seems to me you just want rez to be insanely powerful like it used to be.

Anyone else curious why this thread hasn’t been thrown into the black hole yet?

2 Likes

I am, especially since there are other threads that are still getting thrown into the mega-thread

1 Like

Mercy’s ult was used after the majority or all of the enemy teams ults were used. Then mercy came in and rezzed everybody leaving the enemy team with no ults and at a massive disadvantage. The enemy also likely wouldn’t be at full health because the rez was instant and some had to go into another fight at half health.
The difference with zens ult is it could be forced out if you focused him and then you could wait it out or you could use one dps ult to make him use it with your team still having their ults.

Forcing out Resurrect was very possible so I don’t get where that theme comes from? You kill an enemy you don’t even need to kill Mercy.

For the Mercy on the enemy team you either
A. Were forced to use Resurrect because you would be at a man disadvantage and bring them back will level the playing field.
or
B. Save Resurrect for a bigger ultimate fight, and risk fighting a 6v5.

You can’t force rez if you haven’t killed anyone. You can however force trans if you haven’t killed anyone.

I can’t decide if it’s because it’s EeveeA and masses of people will complain if the thread gets merged or if it’s preferential treatment due to OP being a celebrity.

Ok… But all heroes are capable of doing enough damage to get a kill. So it’s not that difficult. You can use left click damage and abilities to secure a kill and force a Resurrect out without the need for ultimates. So yes… Very possible.

1 Like

Might be a combination of both as well as how PC blizz seem to be getting at least with OWL (if they are banning people over Trihard then what do you think would happen if they silenced a trans person)

NO offence to Eevee intended wit this non non sense I know it’s not her fault but at the same time it’s what blizz is doing