Stop lying about Reinhardt

2 Likes

These chuds try to 1v1 a rein on Winston and think rein is op

1 Like

No can do. Must w+m1 into their tank at all times

3 Likes

Rein is only good if you have cooperative supports

you need a lucio who isn’t the reddit variety to speed you in and out

and you need a high HPS healer to wiggle between your buttcheeks and keep you topped up

rien is really good at stalling for time and punishing bad playing, but if the enemy team doesnt make a mistake there is usually very little a rien can do to make plays or even apply pressure, he underperforms in any playmaking compared to every other tank except maybe ball who can get super shut down by cc regardless of skill. rien isnt bad he just doesnt feel very involved in fight and is usually just sitting there tanking damage which is good for his team but the rien doesnt get to do much himself.

1 Like

Funny enough, I just put the data together on the top 500 in NA.

Rein is the most 1-tricked tank. There’s 16 Rein 1-tricks in top 500.

He’s got the 5th highest pick rate overall, but is the 4th most mained.

2 Likes

I mean he is decent, but rough to play against any mobile heroes at all. Since armor and Orisa got nerfed, he is a decent option in a bit more occasions but thats really it.

1 Like

Dive counters rein pretty hard, easy to play around. What can rein do against doom/ball/tracer/genji?

If rush is in, rein is eating well.

1 Like

You can flex and look pretty.

:muscle::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Rein is gramps bro :smile:

1 Like

I don’t about ana but zarya was why I lived as rein in ow1 :joy: we did some of the best fights together.

Diffing enemy rein zarya in a small room in kingrow and stomping their team was the best highs.

Doesn’t sound like the hero I chose to play sorry :pensive:

1 Like

Rein is good against a team that don’t commit to either breaking the shield or circumventing the shield. Mei and Tracer is good against him, or Hanzo and Soldier are good against him, but you often have DPS who are not on the same page so the shield never quite gets broken and in the meantime he runs over the tank and supports (who didn’t use high ground).

2 Likes

I absolutely agree. The easiest games are the ones where people do not shoot at me. You just cannot make it up!

1 Like

It’s just for most ranks and majority of playerbase teams will do that when you go rein.

A team that looked scattered will become a lot more cohesive.
People know to play around the big dude.
Reinhardt is a certain kinda commitment to a thing and generally is more trusted than any other tank.
He is predictable to his team which makes playing with him easy.

Rein doesn’t win by killing others , he win by being the one who will take all the attention and get beaten up but get back up and still be there standing freeing up your team.

Cause here is the other scenario if the enemy team ignores rein they are in for a world of hurt he is not Orissa at any moment he can take people out.

Rein wins by existing and enabling others.

Rein has always been good, but reliant on his team. Why play Rein when you can play Orisa or Mauga and do the same but also play your team’s part yourself? I can defend my team with Reinhardt, but I can also beam enemy players from across the map with Orisa and a dead enemy is no threath at all. And well, if you thought Orisa can’t dive and defend as well as Reinhardt… Big surprise, she can also do that.

My issue isnt that Rein hard is bad, but that alot of heroes/maps make him unfun.

Rein is a fairly immobile tank, which is fine, however new heroes and reworks have had the trend to have alot of mobility or CC or just have soft or hard counters to rein.

Like the only new hero I dont dislike is LW as grip does help rein with his lack of mobility, but even then LW still has some soft counters to rein like pulling people out of charge or shatter.

It just feels like with every new hero and rework rein becomes less and less fun to play.

IMO

It’s not that he’s bad per se. It’s that it’s just not fun to play him anymore. If you’re doing decent you get counterswapped instantly and in the mirrors it’s just which team has the better pressure or supports wins. shatters don’t kill anything due to suzu, lamps, speedboost etc. . you get hit by every single cooldown in the game and there’s little to no mindgames. It’s just a big chunky shield and oversustain that makes him viable right now and him denying other players, but other then that… his skill floor is much higher now and that makes playing him boring but that also applies to other tanks.

That’s very true, but Sigma, and Orisa will command attention and enable others pretty well too. In fact, I think Sigma’s better at it due to two defensive CDs including a DM that gives him health back which will allow him to play range.

I feel like Reinhardt’s core “thing” is just done better by other tanks, and that does put him in a poor spot, but as far as the topic is concerned, its just gaslighting to say he’s completely unplayable.

Rein’s core thing is to have shatter damn near every fight.