Stop ignoring sombra

‘Playable’ means nothing though. Again, the main argument is that they shouldn’t have nerfed until they’d sorted out the bugs they knew the LOS mechanic avoided.

2 Likes

So then you think she should have been able to hack people through walls and invulnerability skills all this time? Where after 0.55 sec of the 0.65 hack cast it is happening no matter what? With latency people had such a short amount of time to react and even if they did, could still be hit in that last 0.1sec.

We’re trying to, it got them a response eventually

Hitbox. Not hitboxes.

She cannot hack through walls. She cannot. Try initiating a hack on someone from the other side of a wall or around a corner and tell me if you succeed. It worked the same way as “Favor the shooter.”

Now she cant, before the hack nerf should could, that was my point.

She never could. Never, ever.

Oh but she could, 0.55 sec into the cast and it was going off NO MATTER WHAT. Behind a wall, doesnt matter, mid recall, doesnt matter, in a mei ice block, doesnt matter. That was a huge problem with it, and now that is gone, but it brought other bugs with it.

Hey Guys… :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Here I found it in the patch notes for you.

Sombra

Hack

Now goes on a 2-second cooldown when interrupted by damage
Now more consistently interrupted when targets break line of sight

Developer Comments: We’re also removing the 0.1 second window of time during a hack where it couldn’t be canceled via line of sight or with other abilities including Tracer’s Recall and Zarya’s Particle Barrier, which was originally put in place so the hack wouldn’t be interrupted by small objects such as light posts. We’ve implemented a separate fix for that issue, so she should still be unaffected by those small objects.

This has nothing to do with what you said. You were employing hyperbole. You said she could hack through walls (since when was Tracer’s Recall a wall?), which is completely false. This is different. It worked the same way as favor the shooter. However, it backfired on her at times. Take your very Mei example, for instance. Take A DVA using self-destruct as another.

1 Like

Do you need any more examples of me stating walls AND abilities? It did not work the same way as favour the shooter, blizz event said themselves that the last 0.1 sec was unavoidable. People could be playing at lan and that last 0.1 sec where it couldnt be canceled would still happen. That was not due to latency like favour the shooter.

Youre right hacking a baby dva cuz she ulted would be a negative. Too bad getting a hack on every other hero and a non ulting dva through walls and invulnerability skills is a massive advantage which resulted in many undeserved deaths.

Alright, I cede that it is not the same as favor the shooter, but I still stand by my opinion that was never as bad as you thought it to be. As I said, it backfires on Sombra much more often. The only scenario in which it wouldn’t going to waste is hacking a Tracer during recall. Hacking a Zarya encased in a bubble already, hacking a frozen Mei, or intangible Reaper all meant a wasted hack. In fact, she still can have hacks backfire on her thanks to DVA’s self-destruct. That LOS were meant to help every hero but Sombra, as that clearly shows.

1 Like

Like Mei block or Reaper wraith? The .1 leniency had to be removed, but not in this kneejerk reaction, it was never as game breaking as you make it up to be.

The leniency was there for a reason too and wasn’t a bug either, though.

1 Like

How is it a wasted hack on a zarya through her bubble? Now she cant use her other bubble, or ult. Hacking mei means she can no longer use her ice wall, hacking any1 through the wall just felt very cheap. Im confused here, are you actually suggesting that she should have kept that 0.1sec window?

Youre right it wasnt a bug, but blizz removed it because it was game breaking, people press their abilities in time and still get hacked, get around the wall in time and still get hacked, that is not fair in the slightest, hence it was removed. It should have never existed in the first place. The hack nerf was good, no more holding down the button waiting to get a hack on someone. That 0.1 sec window was very common, with latency by time people noticed that they were being hacked and reacted often it was within the last 0.1 sec. Its a 0.65 sec cast, with latency, no1 is reacting before 0.2-0.3 sec, which leaves the 0.1 sec window as quite a large portion of the time people would react in.

Im not against her bugs with hack being fixed, im against how stupid it was before they nerfed it which introduced the bugs

1 Like

It was removed because it was somewhat unfair and they didn’t factor it in, lol, not because it was game breaking.

This nerf was nothing but unnecessary. Sombra jumping around in a teamfight doing nothing until she dies, or spam hacking how it’s called now, was never a problem.

2 Likes

The main point of hacking Zarya, aside from denying graviton surge, was to keep her from applying her own bubble to boost her survivability. For a Zarya that doesn’t have her ultimate, hacking her become a waste of time if she has already used her personal shield.

The main point of hacking Mei is to stop her from freezing herself, since that is worst part of her stalling ability. Once she has used it, hacking her become a waste of time aside from trying to cancel her ultimate. Besides, Mei is still invincible for the next four seconds, and has only two seconds to wait to bring up her wall once it ends.

Compared to the current iteration that doesn’t work the way Blizzard said it would, yes. Ideally, I would rather not have my hacks wasted on heroes that have already used the abilities I wanted to prevent them from using, which would be a boon to both parties, but if that is not an option, then I would rather have to cope with that than having a signature ability that is a literal dice roll.

Well we have different opinions that are not going to change. If it were only one or the other I would rather have a hero be weak instead of a broken ability hitting through walls as there are many more heroes to choose from. I would still like her bugs to be fixed but that seems like something that will only come with time. There is no point in going back and forth anymore so we can just agree to disagree.