Stop ignoring sombra

It’s getting really frustrating now.
Other heroes get so much attention in terms of balance. But not sombra, as much as they claim to be monitoring her, clearly they are not. Fitzy and WorstSombra, two very well known sombra players, have themselves made messages about how bad sombra is, but Blizzard doesn’t care.
They’re not even trying to hide it either, they make it so obvious that they’re just flat out ignoring her.
She’s even worse than she was at launch.
And not just ignoring her, they seem to not care about her at all.
When she received her changes a while back, she was in a decent spot. But then, because people complained, they gave her completely unreasonable and unnecessary changes that put her in F tier. The worst part is? They didn’t even put it on the Ptr first to give it a chance. That’s how much they don’t care.
It’s saddening, really.

138 Likes

Them admitting the super rushed nerf was a huge mistake would be a start. Basically wiped out a year of Sombra buffs and broke her core mechanic.

81 Likes

Wasn’t It the OWL Pro’s who lobbied for her nerfs more than the general player base?, as they did not enjoy playing against her?
If so, It would explain why Blizz has turned a blind eye, and are avoiding any feedback. :frowning:

20 Likes

sombra was too strong with her initial buff. her hack was literally impossible to react too. this is a balanced state for her. she has to be smart about getting off her hacks, and choose the right target. she doesn’t need buffs.

4 Likes

She is plagued by bugs right now she’s not fine

23 Likes

bugs are not balance. in terms of balance she is fine.

3 Likes

No she is not balanced if her bugs aren’t fixed

17 Likes

Yes, that 2% pick rate peak (that was falling rapidly even before the nerf) proves how OP she was.

Again, you’re not supposed to consistently counter the hack from a well placed Sombra. It’s her main ability. Without it she’s just a very bad Tracer.

Among the absolute worst stats in the game, but sure…
Let me guess. You don’t play Sombra, do you?

I’m thinking you probably mains a hero that’s countered by Sombra?

Hm?

41 Likes

this sounds exactly like you aren’t supposed to be able to shoot at genji while reflecting pre nerf. everything in this game is reactable.

she made tanks literally unplayable. people were swapping to all dps comps instead of playing tanks. but sure tell yourself she was balanced.

I played sombra quite a bit in my time, not on this account. but I one tricked her when she came out, then I played her a lot after her initial and secondary buffs. and I can tell you that sombra was busted in the state you want her in.

2 Likes

What are you even saying right now? That makes no sense. Do you also argue that you should be able to react to hit-scan Widowmaker when you are facing the wrong direction?

“Literally”. Funny because I’m look at the data and there was no change in tank pick rate after that patch. Rein saw the exact same numbers. Try to troll harder?

It’s amazing how everyone who argues that “Sombra is fine” and barley plays her is a secret Sombra main on some other account. It never fails. 100%.
There must be so many Smurf Sombra’s out there…
Who knew?

22 Likes

To be fair, she is among the most false reported characters, so… I am not really even comfortable playing her on my main anymore and would probably spend more time with her on my smurf from, well, basically the start of this year forward. Whenever the Fuey situation exposed all of Blizzard’s lies was around when I stopped playing off-meta in competitive.

3 Likes

the argument for genji keeping his reflect hit box was you shouldn’t shoot at a reflecting genji. youre saying you shouldn’t be able to react to a sombra hack. both of these are dumb arguments.

I use pro play as a basis when I talk about things because they are the real indicators if something is op or not. your qp and ladder play games are irrelevant sorry, but people don’t even pick real team comps up until top 500 even in gm there are stupid comps in every game. Try and lie to me and tell me you have stats on pro scrims. please. Do it.

doubt is not a counter. I know about all her bugs and all her pluses. I stopped playing her because she was purple tracer. Sorry but ive one tricked every hero but junkrat at some point on some account. Sombra (minus her bugs) is fine.

1 Like

There’s this trend where Sombra haters just start making things up after they get shot down by the statistics, it’s almost funny.

25 Likes

I didn’t make anything up, read my reply.

that fact they rushed the sombra LOS hack changes are really funny. they always give us bull**** of “PTR is for BUGTESTING” … yeah… and with sombra you completely skipped PTR test to put live one of the most bugged iteration of a hero overwatch have ever seen. what a finger to everyone. you know… you skipped PTR. the thing that could have helped you, BLIZZARD, to… AVOID… these bugs. horrible. obvious. game breaking bugs that renders sombra’s hack completely random.

19 Likes

Do you have any idea how wrong you are? Hack is broken. It doesn’t work half the time. All her bugs are making her horrible. I could’ve taken this seriously if you had more than 5 hours on her.

14 Likes

It’s more likely they are working on balance adjustments but don’t have anything to tell you currently. Trying to role-play them as this evil deity that is purposely ignoring things is illogical.

hi heres one of my many accounts, click the psn tab and tell me how many hours I have on sombra.

You are talking apples and oranges. That’s not even remotely the same thing…

For the love of…
Stop. Now you’re just embarrassing. I bust your flat out lie with data so suddenly your changing the criteria to the absurd? Now only 0,001% of the players yields data you can accept?

I can say the stats were unchanged on GM. I can’t show OWL since the original buff never went live for them. You are just trying paint the smallest possible box for yourself in hope that there is no data…

Again. You are being absurd. Even if I could get the top 500 data you would still find an excuse.

Yes, we can all tell you got wast Sombra experience from they way you fail to understand her core mechanics…

6 Likes

I mean they have mentioned they’re looking into her and DF and why they dont want to rush out any buffs or changes at the moment, i do seriously think her bugs need to be fixes soon tho.