😡 Stop defending the Virtual Ticket

No because I don’t bother looking into them because I didn’t care for them. Do I think the practices were ok? Looking back no not really. And it worse being this is a actual legendary skin with a theme and not a recolor of a skin we can get and have access too.

If you like blizzcon More power to you. I hope you enjoy it. But as strictly a overwatch player. This a 40 dollar skin because nothing else in that bundle has relavence to me as a player. The should and should have made a seperate price for people that are players of the game with content relavent to them. Like 15 dollars for the skin and a extra that goes to blizzcon. See we as players aren’t being way overpriced for just buying the skin but still contribute to thier event. This showed little regard for thier casual player base that like to play for fun and enjoy things like cosmetics

So, now I get it. This whining, I figured it all out. It’s a reverse psychology ploy to get people who can afford the blizzcon virtual tix to do so, just to spite the fake population who are crying “paywall”
 NICE JOB BLIZZ, YOU KNOW HOW TO CORRAL YOUR FORUM GOERS INTO BUYING! :smiley: /s

Blizzard: lets sell a virtual ticket for our event. We need to make money so lets price it 40 dollars to watch the event.

Later

Blizzard : guys we cant just sell a ticket for 40 dollars thats not worth peoples money, how about we make special content on the side for the ticket so you arent playing 40 dollars just to watch the show because that would be pretty lame. Brilliant. We get to sell our ticket and gove our fans cool content aswell that makes the ticket s better deal!

Community proceeds to hate on them

2 Likes

I think it’s absurd that people are attacking this. Blizzard is free to do this and there is absoultely nothing wrong with it, it’s a gift that they give to those that buy the Blizzcon ticket, it’s something extra. No one is forcing anyone to buy the ticket to get the skin, nor is the skin necessary for anyone to play and enjoy the game. I say this as someone who loves the skin because i love Sombra and i love Overwatch and Diablo but i am still able to recognize that i don’t need the skin, nor is there anything wrong with Blizzard giving it to those who buy the ticket for their event. There are plenty of free skins in the game, plus heroes, maps, modes, etc etc etc that you can get without paying a cent and you complain about one single skin just because you want it and accuse the company of doing something bad when they arent? That’s just childish in my opinion.

There is no manipulation, you are not forced to do or buy anything you don’t want to, if you do is your choice.

2 Likes

Because people want everything for free even though they do get everything for free inside the game, but when ONE skin is not available to them, they throw a tantrum. I love the skin it’s awesome, would i like to have it? sure, will i play for it no, does that ruin anything for me regarding the game or Blizzard, no, not in the slightest, there is plenty of content in the game that i get for free anyways and i jut had to pay once for it now everything that comes after is literally free and that content is worht A LOT, in a free to play game that content would’ve drained my wallet really fast.

the price is whatever meaning you attribute to it. If a player who only plays OW wants the skin and won’t use the ticket to view the content or enjoy the other items then they are the ones who are truly enabling Blizzard to get away with things like this if they purchase the ticket. The best way is to vote with your wallet and not buy the ticket if you don’t think you will get value out of it.

2 Likes

idk, 40 is kind of a lot, especially for someone like me who is at a 40$ is a lot point. but also it’s not pay to win and it’s not any kind of predatory gambling system.
not that i get the whole virtual ticket thing when owl livestreams all the time it seems.

Nope, it’s not. It’s a 40$ package. What’s absurd is that people are throwing a tantrum over skins.

I bought my virtual ticket at the first opportunity.

I get access to backstage interviews, exclusive competitions, sombra skin ( Which has custom voicelines / ult lines, I’ve tested it ).

Thats worth ÂŁ35 anyday for an overwatch fan.

Wouldn’t have minded if it fit the theme of the previous Blizzcon skins but this one is so blatantly stolen from Halloween (just like the Lucio emote was stolen from Anniversary)

Just ANOTHER middle finger from Blizz

Also all the people “Well I have $40 to waste on this, so what’s the problem??”" need to to get the corporate **** out of their mouths

And to think you could buy forsaken for only 40$.

Ticket for a one time event, that might just be disappointing.

Or a content packed expansion getting critical aclaim that you can use anytime you want.

No brainer.

And you know what’s better then both, torna the golden country. 40$, one of the best rates dlc of all time, coming out this Friday.

Everyone go grab those, won’t regretâ˜ș

it’s a bonus for buying the ticket. If you want the skin then you can still buy the ticket for that, but the ticket isn’t JUST the skin.
There will be people over the next week buying the ticket JUST for the HoTS skin, or ride, or whatever. There will be people buying it JUST for the WarCraft item, or the Heartstone item

The skin is a bonus, the ticket is more than just that.

if people want to spend money on things like this let them. It’s a new form of natural selection.

Ok, but if you pull into a gas station fill up your car and buy a soda, and the clerk is like, “Here ya go, this is a free limited time air freshener with our logo on it. We’re giving them out to everyone who buys a fill-up! Now then, the total comes to $37.50.”

Would you call it a $37.50 air freshener?

2 Likes

And what’s worse is that the skins looks like it has more effort then half the ones in game😂

It looks amazing

Really went all out Blizz on that one, forget summer games and all.

Can’t stand that, now nobody can get unless you like Blizzcon.

No

I’m just gonna link this here

https://imgur.com/7Enyfqg

The image says the items will be available for everyone in 2019

wait how do you link images? :sweat_smile:

Its almost like
 overwatch isnt blizzards only game?

1 Like