Stop Blaming Supports

Hmm it’s almost like Damage boost on every hero that isn’t Widowmaker, Ashe, and Hanzo is okay

I wonder why

9 Likes

Yes, with a Brig pocket, maybe Zen too.

They can’t 2v1 you if you 3v2 them.

I think we should remove all DPS enabling support skills and replace them with defensive skills instead.

Huehuehue.

Some of us just recognize damage boost is a bad mechanic that brings on a lot of balance issues. Ditto for Discord btw.

We are rapidly running out of mechanics that people classify as “good” in this game, lol.

5 Likes

Damage boosts, plural, not only Mercy’s damage boost.

Ashe one-shoting with Nano or Amplifier is fine because both are ultimates.

1 Like

You have to admit, anything just perpetually boosts damage by 30%… leads to problems.

well it is a support meta rn

Depends on the damage. Against sustain damage there is the possibly of being able to tank it while burst damage kills you outright, but that’s what people wanted, things to die.

It is a 2v1 though. If you just fight the mercy, she’s going to lose and if you just fight the ashe, you had an equal chance to beat her. Did you really think it’s fair to have an equal chance in a 2v1 situation? Lmao :joy: the entitlement is scary here…

Also, I noticed that you didn’t really answer what the OP asked. So, as someone who puts the blame on Mercy, what do you want her to do? Try to give a solution instead of whining, please.

6 Likes

Brig is still considered one of the 4 go-to supports by both pros and me.
Zen is the best, with Bap, Mercy and Brig being the second best.

It’s funny that they can’t even nerf her without a compensatory buff.

2 Likes

Reasons why people hate supports and tanks:
They want this game to be COD
They want 0 healing/utility for the enemy team but want to be imortal against 6 enemys
They want to kill without any effort

4 Likes

new hero idea: Troll-bot

Transfers hp from 1 target to another (including enemies)

skill that transfers some of dmg target takes to user

when dies vocal global emote that blames team for not protecting them and to “git gud”.

3 Likes

Shrek: Ogres are like onions.
Donkey: They stink?
Shrek: Yes… no.
Donkey: They make you cry?
Shrek: No.
Donkey: If you leave them out in the sun, they turn brown and start sprouting little white hairs?
Shrek: No! Onions have layers. Ogres have layers.

1 Like

Well the community wanted the shields nerfed and as a result the value of damage boost and discord went up. Both of these support had those abilities since day 1 so I don’t think they should be changed.

2 Likes

The community wanted dive countered too. And when Blizzard introduced Brig - Jeff said “Careful what you wish for” right before her release.

How did the community like that? lol

There are always consequences with balance changes and the community has reaped what they have sown.

2 Likes

There is nothing blizzard is ever going to do…that will please everyone. There are so many different mindsets in this game…some want plug and play (no practice heroes) while others want higher skill rating heroes to make the game interesting and challenging - and then you have the complainers and on the other end of the spectrum you’ll have the sweaty try hards that will make anything work in any comp (or try to). Then you’ll have your cheaters/throwers/leavers and children who play for the luls (because apparently that’s what being a kid is all about these days). Lastly - you will have serious players who want to climb to league eventually.

So with all those different kinds of players - you’d think for the more serious players - they’d introduce a harder qualification system so they can climb toward league if they like…while still allowing the casual players…etc to just have fun with whatever.

It’s never going to be without complaint though. That’s the one constant in this game. Complaints.

“Supports can heal me and die on the enemy team” -Every Exclusive DPS player

7 Likes