Still Waiting For The DVA buff

I’d blame internet explorer.

Shout out to those using it in 2020

D.Va finally getting a buff and of course it’s one that solves none of her issues and will probably hurt her in the long run when she does become viable again.

6 Likes

omg yes omg yes omg yes thank you!

i hope not

uncoordinated teams already lose what precious little focus they have as soon as they see him on team RED

I agree that Storm arrows will be good against D’va but I don’t think it will be enough to actually justify running Hanzo against her.

Storm arrows DPS is not much higher than McCree’s primary fire and has only 5 shots and is on a 10 second CD.

If D’va is shutting down Hanzo’s primary, you simply can’t justify running Hanzo as you are negating too much of his value.

Name one hero that has a worse primary fire against DM, Hanzo is both a projectile hero and slow-firing which means its incredibly easy for D’va players to eat everything Hanzo does completely denying him.

Yes she can’t do the same against Storm but you also can’t pretend that DM does nothing against Storm, she will probably end up eating at least 1-2 of Storm arrows shot at her which knocks down its DPS substantially.

Also there is a high chance that Storm arrows is going to get nerfed again, so I still think D’va is going to hard counter Hanzo like she always has.

Thanks, now waiting a month of PTR just to have and unwanted buff which probably wouldn’t be enough and wait again another 2/3 months in live just to get another buff 1 month on PTR.
Better start queing dps again.

4 Likes

Hanzo counters D.Va–and dive as a whole–and has since his rework.

9 Likes

“WhY Is NoBoDy PlAyInG TaNkS?”

6 Likes

Heck yeah, glad to see that something good is planned for D.Va!

ok, so with more booster you can react and boost into range with your dm more often to save someone from hook or something since the nerf. and the ability to move more often should make the infuriating feeling of environmentals much less so. if I can get in range of someone and reposition back, I can melt them. or i can dm, or whatever. I can do my job more often, without a flat dps buff or dm buff or something. it’s in the right direction. i like it. let’s see what people can weave out of it, because weaving and buzzing is what you’ll do.

i’m kinda excited.

3 Likes

i have some level of excitement on any d.va buff because it just reminds me that I’m right and all but :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

All the useless bandaid buffs but they forget nobody is gonna play anything but doublebarrier anyways rofl. Against which dva is still the worst character to use, booster or no booster.

6 Likes

I know its probably gonna get buried in this topic and I dont wanna make an entire topic about it,

but I wanted to ask if you guys are aware Pharah exists? That’s all :sweat_smile:

My thoughts what D.Va buff should be :-

• 500 armor, 100 health
  • Immune to anti-nade, sleep darts, knockback (only for mech)
  • Decrease booster CD or remove CD make it resource based or/with reduced cd?

The other buff i would to see for all tanks is they should not be used ULT bot.

1 Like

The timer still starts after the 2 second burn (or whenever you manually cancel it) ?

Current: Boosts for 2 seconds every 5, so basically she can reposition every 7 seconds.

Proposed (I assume): Boosts for 2 seconds every 3, so she can reposition every 5 seconds.

5 down from 7. It’s not insubstantial, but people will read “3 second CD” and click off their brains.

On the other hand, I’m completely underwhelmed. Boosters are still going to be inferior to Winston and Hammond’s movement offerings, both of which don’t have impact damage nerfed to 10 and move quite a bit faster than 1.18x walking speed and don’t ALSO slow down to HALF walking speed while attacking for absolutely no reason.

All this means is that she’ll be shot out mech slightly more often in the air instead of on the ground. Because the change sure as heck doesn’t make her not the largest target in the game who takes double damage from the front and crawls along at snail speed the rest of the time.

8 Likes

Imagine getting a buff with the same impact as Moira PTR buff, helpful but not benefeciall…

probally not make it past PTR because it the data would demonstrate no beneficiary effect to D.va in the current State of the GAME

This.

We don’t need another “buff” that doesn’t fix why she is broken right now.

5 Likes

We went from matrix bot into a boop bot because we needed more frequent knockback spams in this game apparently.

Then blizz is just gonna remove booster knockback alltogether if we start to spam it. Just watch. :joy:

When a dev starts posting on the forums:

But seriously, thanks for the reply. D.va really needs some love in the balance dept.

3 Likes