Still no OWL rewards after todays patch

The worst part of it is that they are continuing to cycle through the OWL vault skins without giving out the tokens. Clockwork Zen and Luchador Reaper are already gone, the Happi Genji and Knight Mercy will be gone on tuesday most likely along with the Winston and Doomfist champion skins.

So as time goes on, they’re basically forcing players who want these FOMO skins to pay up money as they’re witholding the free currency players earned, that could have been used to buy these. It’s a bad look for them, especially given how greedy the monetization in the shop already looks compared to other similar games.

5 Likes

Falou tudo cara, falou tudo…

I was watching it on YouTube on both my PC and phone just incase it bugged out. I set a timer before every match and know for a fact that I watched all of the playoffs, even the grand finals. I didn’t get any of the watch rewards past the 18 hour mark. I didn’t get any of the grand final rewards either.
I’m not mad, just kinda bumbed out cause of that. I know it’s gonna take time to resolve this issue and its not as high a priority as other issues, but I hope they get around to it soon.

2 Likes

Due to this crap not awarding us what we were supposed to, I’m 10 tokens short of getting Knight Mercy, 10.

And I’ll be damned if I’m going to pay $6 for the smallest available purchase (100) just so I can get the ten (not to mention the rest) they screwed me out of.

They absolutely will not care about the skins going unavailable in the meantime. In fact, I’d say they see this as a win because they expect people to fork-out that FOMOney before they’re unavailable again, thus doubling their return for this whole debacle.

3 Likes

November 27th, i am still without the tokens that i am missing and without the skins that i am missing, good job OW Team…

Some clarifications: The original “Royal Knight” Mercy is already gone, the only option is the “Royal Gladiator” team mix variant.

Also, there’s no indication they plan to rotate the OWL store on Tuesday. They might rotate on Dec 6 with the Season 2 patch, but OWL’s socials have been pretty good to remind on “last chance” opportunities to purchase skins, and/or leaving items in the store longer than originally announced.

Edit: and the OWL store has only rotated once in the 8 weeks of the game being live, which was during the “mid-season” patch. I’d bet the only time the OWL store rotates will be either the start of a new season, or the mid-season patches. We know to expect the Sojourn OWL skins to be added in the Dec 6 patch, which is why I imagine they won’t make any changes to the OWL content of the shop until at least then.

2 Likes

Is it normal to have a ticket open about this exact issue, with no response, for over two weeks? Still don’t have what I should have, and I can’t seem to find any updates past the “they’re rolling out, guys!” vague tweet we got.

Yes it’s normal, OWL it’s not managed by Team 4, so the customer support will just send you a automated response and tell you to wait.

2 Likes

In most cases, support cannot resolve issues like this. They function to just flag case types and send you approved responses revolving the issue.

That might seem insincere, but it really is because it doesn’t take much to do things like promise things that can’t happen or say something that would get into legal trouble.

You did a huge good move creating a case because they really need their support case metrics to point, “here are your pain points”.

…I write customer and support team facing content for an app. This is pretty much how and why things go the way they do.

Couldn’t find my original post so assuming it was deleted? So I’m just gonna be copy pasting my original comment basically word for word(minus a few I self censored, because I do that when I type).
Watched every stream, every encore, i only got partially rewarded on every front and sometimes it was so bull as to skip tiers of rewards. Its been over a week now and I still have not received any owl skins above Cass, Pharah, and Echo, any additional drops above Royal Knight, any of the grand finals rewards, excluding the pulse pistol player card (like, not even the dang spray ffs) and have STILL not been given the proper amount of league tokens. This is honestly such bull.[Edit: finally got that dang spray ffs]
12/05/22 Update| I have received basically everything except the Sojourn skin.

6 Likes

And then they need to post that they’re moving OWL back to Twitch because it isn’t working out with YouTube.

2 Likes

Oh gee I wonder why Overwatch wasn’t nominated for eSports game of the year

1 Like

Still missing my rewards, Blizzard :expressionless:

1 Like

Still missing my tokens

Funny how all of a sudden it doesn’t work when we can get a bunch of stuff for free for just watching. Blizzard ain’t slick.

2 Likes

They’re not doing anything. At all. There is no progress being made no matter how many times they tweet it. We aren’t getting our rewards ever. Lost in the abyss because all of a sudden when we can get a bunch of free rewards it just happens to not work for 99% of us. OWL will fail this coming season and this will be 1 of the reasons why.

Idk the free stuff has worked for 90% of the season.

1 Like

Yeah up until we could get all of the OWL skins at once. They don’t want that cause then we wouldn’t watch as much since we’d have them all besides the team skins

1 Like

Ehh I’m not sure it’s that deep. Some players have the rewards, I’ve seen players with Junker Queen, Ball, Ashe, Echo, Kiriko. It’s clearly just a technical problem, Blizzard aren’t scamming us out of anything.

Still missing all rewards on my EU account - tokens, portraits, and skins - despite watching for dozens of hours, replays included. I made sure my accounts were connected. Haven’t received anything from the finals thus far. This is a disgrace.

1 Like