[Still in the game] Mei can be pulled out of Cry-Freeze by Roadhog's hook

Even with the new PTR update and other Mei bug fixes, this bug remains unfixed. I thing we all would appreciate an update on this bug.

They fixed the real bugs guise

“Fixed a bug that prevented Mei from receiving environmental kill credit if her targets were frozen
Fixed a bug that caused Mei’s projectiles to appear that they weren’t passing through friendly barriers”

Truly Mei is finally fixed now

/s

It’s gonna be another Ana grenade and take over a year to fix

1 Like

Jardio is up to 404 deaths in cryo since he has started tracking it…

July 21, the bug still in the game. When it will be fixed?

So…

Any fixes for this planned? Even nemies can see it happen:

2 Likes

I’m assuming they are still working on it since they mentioned they were a long time ago.

BTW, “Jardio has been killed 487 times in cryofreeze”

1 Like

They said February 23 it would have been fixed soon. It’s September 8 and the bug is still here.

Can confirm I’ve died multiple times after hearing the iceblock sound.

1 Like

Same, it happened many times in a deathmatch to me too

I don’t think this is an issue specific to Mei’s cryofreeze, it has more to do with “favor the shooter” sometimes taking precedent over defensive actions that make the player invulnerable (including reaper’s wraith form, tracer’s recall, sombra’s translocation). It is most unpleasant because the sound effects and sometimes animations of these abilities will still play on your end (sometimes even on the enemy player’s end) but you will be punished by the enemy’s offensive actions anyway.

Roadhog’s hook is just a very prevalent example, but the same thing happens when you try to cryofreeze in front of a Reinhardt that is about to charge (you need to have lightning instincts on the live servers to avoid getting charged when this happens, even if you use the ability. you almost have to press it before he actually charges).

It’s likely all the same “bug” or “feature,” that things can not happen or disappear even when you saw them happen, depending on the enemy player’s actions and what they saw on their screen. Same situation with using an ultimate, getting stunned or killed or whatever, and the ult completely disappearing along with your ult charge (i.e. mei’s snowball, tracer’s pulse bomb)

It is a bug. Plain and simple. Devs even said it. They also said they were working on it, what months ago now?

Fun/sad note: “Jardio has been killed 522 times in cryofreeze” since he started tracking it…

1 Like

The developer answered in a thread about Mei’s Cryo-Freeze being interrupted by Roadhog’s hook AND being put on cooldown.

The ability doesn’t go on cooldown anymore if Mei is hooked out of it.
Maybe they were talking about this?

But the bug of Mei getting stunned out of Cryo-Freeze is still in the game and definitely needs to get fixed.

Do you have a clip of this? I would love to see it.

My point was it’s probably not a bug, it’s probably netcode that is compensating for player’s poor latency and punishing those on the receiving end of damage/abilities. In other words it was purposely written that way. Which is why it is not specific to Mei’s cryofreeze and why it hasn’t been changed. Would be nice to get confirmation if it ever will change, though.

This is true. It’s working as designed. Which creates and unsatisfying and glitchy gameplay experience.

It’s not so much a ‘bug’ as a poorly designed ‘feature’.

Hers a new video of Mei’s Cryo-Freeze:
https://streamable.com/n183s
https://streamable.com/n183s

1 Like

Just search twitch for Jardio. If you use !cryo in his chat, his bot will give you his current count. Might be some clips of it happening to him there too. Best Mei player has had the bug over 500 times…

No offense shirepirate, but I think you are very wrong. It is a bug, and not just the netcode. Maybe that is part of it… but if so, there would be so many other abilities that the same thing happens to on a REGULAR basis. If you are telling me a company that makes billions can’t correct something like you describe, I’d be shocked.

The devs said they were looking at it, here is the quote. Beyond that. Nothing. We can guess all day if we want to. At the end of the day, the bug is still NOT FIXED.

Jardio agrees that it is not a bug but is poorly designed netcode. He’s talked about it for 10+ hours on stream over the course of the past year. Also it literally does happen to other abilities that make you invulnerable on a regular basis like wraith and recall, as well as to mei’s cryofreeze in other situations besides in interaction with roadhog’s hook.

Can you test this with the new hook?

I can.

But it has been confirmed that Mei’s Cryo-Freeze does use favor-the-shooter and not favor-the-player.

https://i.imgur.com/0C1flSJ.jpg

Roadhog’s hook might have a higher netcode priority.

But I will test it as soon as I can which will probably be tomorrow.

Well, it’s been over a year since that picture post.
Uploaded Aug 31 2017

So who knows :confused: