SR Decay in OW 2- Why not?

Can you link that?

<>

2 Likes

Exactly no one comes up against high level synergy which means the game is easier

They won’t need to access the synergies as much because they simply won’t be playing against it as much

To give an example if I were to play Doomfist against a coordinated team it’s much harder to get away with the things that I could normally get away with if I were just playing solo against random solos because they would have the teamwork to be able to counter me

Ok? That’s not what we were talking about.

What does this have to do with you disregarding a Top 500 player’s opinion about how the playerbase has increased throughout the years?

2 Likes

That argument is an “appeal to authority”

It’s a logical fallacy

What “authority” are you talking about lmao?

2 Likes

Its not easier, its more fair. Imagine a Pro League 6 stack playing against 6 randoms, not fair or balanced in any way.

4 Likes

It just means that the doom who will get away with it will rise until he reaches an ELO where people are able to communicate appropriately to shut him down.

It also means that the people who are unable to counter the doom due to their lack of communication skills will drop.

Your argument is void. Not being able to rely of the safety of a 6 stack, you are forced to develop communication skills to access the same level of team play. This increases the skill cap of every single individual playing the game. Some people will develop this skill and rise thru the ranks, while other will remain or drop.

2 Likes

It’s a literary style of argumentative writing. Sometimes people have put a lot of value on their high school language arts skills when they run out of legitimate points.

3 Likes

I have noticed he does that a lot, any idea why? :thinking: :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Honestly 100% irrelevant to the topic of discussion and should be flagged as trolling for being extraneous.

3 Likes

True, he keeps derailing threads for no reason

1 Like

You’re trying to separate individual skill from the skill of playing in a team which you cannot do

An individual’s skill within a team game is his ability to work within a team

He may never reach such an elo on ladder

If you took a high-level organised team they would easily dismantle the top 10 of the top 500 players

Not at all it is a well-known form of fallacious reasoning

This page explains it better:

Imagine quoting wikipedia… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I can see why they think millennials are so stupid.

2 Likes

If for some reason you do not trust Wikipedia you can simply Google for list of logical fallacies among which will be listed that fallacy as a " red herring informal fallacy"

An argument from authority (argumentum ab auctoritate), also called an appeal to authority, or argumentum ad verecundiam, is a form of argument in which the opinion of an authority on a topic is used as evidence to support an argument.

Really dude? Lol

Actually, you’ve done the exact thing when you bring up LHCloudy LMAO

“But cloudy plays rein like this”

4 Likes

Exactly and this became harder when you stopped being able to rely on friends in a 6 stack and instead had to rely on your ability to communicate with randos.

Yes, proving my point. It becomes harder to accomplish the same level of play, not easier. When something becomes harder to achieve, it increases the skill cap, because with enough effort, you could possibly still achieve it eventually.

3 Likes

I would choose to take his advice regarding his Reinhardt playstyle because it has proven to be effective for him and the same thing worked for me

At the same time no one should be considered an authority on all things overwatch related including LHCloudy

It’s also more relevant in that case as we are talking about viability of a particular playstyle as opposed to talking overall population skill level

I personally believe that every player has their own optimal playstyle

It does not become harder because you don’t have to face that higher level of teamwork so it’s no longer needed as much

Precisely. in other words the level of play is lowered

By random chance which is contradictory to skill

You might eventually be lucky to get a team that you synergise well with but that’s not skill - that’s luck

I can’t stop laughing whenever he brings this up. Just because LHCloudy plays like this in Top 500, doesn’t mean a Diamond player can replicate the same, with the difference is that the diamond player has nowhere near the same amount of skill and also doesn’t communicate with his team and just ends up feeding :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s cool. But you’re still committing the same fallacious reasoning and choosing/cherry-picking/skewing perspective to fit your individual narrative.

4 Likes

Not at all. Appeal to authority isn’t a fallacy if it’s used in the correct context

The authority in this case is the fact that he was able to reach the rank he did with that playstyle and it supports the viability of a given playstyle

KarQ isn’t an authority on all things overwatch related just because he’s a top 500/content creator

It’s much better to form your own opinions on things with logical deduction and sound reasoning