Soo .. Same content cycle, but worse?

Sure beats 0 a year.

Look I don’t like the microtransaction system, but 3 heroes a year isn’t bad, given it takes them a fair few seasons to balance them.

I’m not buying a damn thing in the store, so I’ll just take the heroes like always. Not much has changed for me.

I didn’t buy lootboxes, I’m not buying skins in the store either.

You’ve been well manipulated.

5 Likes

What? I am paying literally the same amount. 0.

So, I really don’t give a rats.

Given how much I am even playing it, it means even less.

So no, I’m not their target audience, I’m not where they are getting money from, I get on and play it when I feel like it, and I don’t when I don’t.

I didn’t even make level 10 this season on the free pass.

But go off on how I was manipulated. I get 3 heroes a year to try out and see if it is worth spending any time playing for free.

And getting less for it. A net loss. You should also consider the effect FOMO has on us all. They’ll continue pushing the envelope because of consumer complicity. You may not care now but it will get to you sooner or later.

You are literally making excuses like " better then zero" which was entirely because THEY CHOSE to stop making content for OW1 to make a content famine in order to create the illusion of an increase in content for OW2.

You are saying exactly what they hoped you would. That is what manipulation is.

I wonder why you aren’t enjoying the game? :thinking: Perhaps it is because they put little effort into the actual core of the game and put it all into microtransactions to sell to whales. Sounds like since you are

your experience has suffered. That is why you SHOULD care. Because their focus is not on core content but on selling skins at the third of the price of a full fledged game. Their focus is actively affecting your experience.

If you can’t see that that is your prerogative. However, it is that level of apathy that is allowing them to continue to move that direction.

1 Like

I am pretty sure they just allocated resources to OW2, and ended up having the project blow out due to interference from Bobby.

Honestly? Because I’ve been crazy stressed with work. I handed in my notice today.

I was never their target audience, and honestly, I don’t think the store has had any influence on their choice to move towards a lower TTK game.

I just don’t like the direction, but that was a choice on their end. The store didn’t effect the choice to make it a lower TTK game.

I DO agree for what it is worth that FOMO and whale hunting is an awful direction to go in. I would rather they did not.

But it isn’t the reason I don’t care about the game as much.

So the release of only 3 hero’s a year is also interference from boby? Are we going to use Boby as an excuse for the entirety of OW2’s life are we going to eventually realize that this is a billion dollar corporation and nothing is by accident?

Sorry to hear that. Hope you have a brighter career spot lined up.

Are you sure about that? Doesn’t lower TTK make for more exciting viewing? Hasn’t Blizzard been obsessed with making this game a successful viewing experience as an E-sport?

Yeah, they put everything behind a paywall now. It’s great (if you’re an ATVI shareholder).

Push is great, and I’m also sad that 2CP got deleted. It actually works really well in 5v5, but you nerds complained so 2CP got dumped in the arcade forever.

If Destiny has shown us anything, it’s that we should be looking at the developers before we go after Bobby. I’m not defending the grossly overpaid billionaire who has actively made gaming worse for everyone, but a lot of the finer details of monetization are determined by the developers, not the publisher.

Overwatch still has one of the highest TTKs in the genre, so I don’t know what people expect. The trend in the industry is towards hyper-lethal one-shots, because being good is worse than being lucky to the kiddies that play games these days.

I am once again going to refer to Lord Jeff on this, since it was effectively his dying wish before he quit that Overwatch focus more on the shooter part of first person shooter than on the “hehe let’s overlap 500 defensive skills and turn the game into first person League”.

1 Like

No but the gap being as long ABSOLUTELY was.

I do, better pay, and MUCH more time for my own projects.

They just listened to the high ranked “it should just be more of a pure shooter” game bros.

It is a natural progression hero shooters take towards being irrelevant.

1 Like

Sometimes it feels like having ex-players become developers is bad idea, as they would be biased.

…the fact PvE isn’t part of the cycle yet and you’re judging something pre-maturely…? :thinking:

Same content cycle but worse and* overpriced.

Can’t be judging a game based off what they plan to do and not what they have already done.

You can when you’re comparing the game’s content cycle to another game that existed for 6-7 years

But either way, you can just come back in a year or so after we’ve gotten all the things I talked about and look at my comment. No biggie.

Yes you could what are you talking about… Once they hit live you could play them in quick play immediately and they came to comp 2 weeks later. OW2 is identical except now there is also a tier 55 wall you need to hit or a $10 cough up.

Well no the hero was announced and then added to a PC exclusive public test server For varying amounts of time. And then added to live after changes had been made and bugs had been squashed.

This isn’t a defense of blizzard in any way and locking heroes is the worst thing to happen to the game.

But to claim everyone got immediate access to the heroes in ow1 is blatantly false and makes you seem like an idiot. People who support the heroes in BP will pull you up on this if you try to debate them about it.

PvE, where?

Coming this year :+1:

Until more shoddy business practices delay it.

Mkay, well “when” that happens we can talk

Lord Jeff was (most famously) an MMO player. What bias are you talking about?