So...more legendary skins this year than any other year...?

I can understand the recent comments and arguments many persons posted here and I agree on them too, but the devs just recently announced that they damaged OW1 and the Community really hard with the decision on stopping releasing content and store them for the OW2 release. I’m glad that they admitted their mistake and that they are ready to tackle these issues.

However some comments about that the re-colors are done within XX minutes and that the entire idea of „Remix Event“ is like a April fools joke is really hard and disrespectful for the OW dev team.

Game Development is a long process with many instances of people who work on this game. I can guarantee that the Remix Event take some time in planning, organizing, etc. before the true production of the skins, trailers, banners, etc. starts.

In my opinion it’s a good decision, cause the OW team give us the opportunity as players & community to get together on playing the loved game modes & let us unlock old skins from previous events as a last big event before we enters the next generation of OW.

We all should show more patience (I know that for some it’s enough after 3 years without any major content), cause the devs giving their best on bringing us OW2 ASAP.

For my last words, I want to thank the OW dev team for their hard work and wish them the best of luck on finalizing OW2! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Probably were.

But seriously - why does it seem like it’s always a darn monkey’s paw genie wish scenario with this company!?

Player: “I hate GOATS”
Blizzard: “Okay, you won’t have to deal with GOATS anymore…but you’ll have your comp restricted to 2-2-2!”

Player: “I hate double shield”
Blizzard: “Okay, you won’t have to deal with double shield anymore…because in OW2 we’re removing one tank slot!”

Player: “I want more skins!”
Blizzard: “Okay, you’ll get more skins, but they’ll be recolors of old skins.”

3 Likes

This.

I listed just a few of the reasons changes like this take time and effort, but it was glossed over.

I’ll openly admit that I want more, but I understand and accept the compromise.
I don’t like it, but I understand.

Maybe they should try and work a little bit to re-earn this respect?

1 Like

This is what they currently doing. Their goal is to release OW2 PvP ASAP + give the community the option to try out the changes before it goes live. They also want to be more communicative with the community and we had 3 weeks of news. This is cool and can’t wait for more announcements and reveals in the upcoming weeks.

By removing the best event they had?

3 Likes

Does zen kultist skin have White transcendence effect? (Kultist have purple)

I mean… would you play Archives with no new legendary skins? With the Remix Events, Players are able to complete their collection by unlocking missed cosmetics from the past.

Uhhhh, yes? I don’t care about skins

1 Like

I mean… you have 3x the opportunity in 1 year to play Archives missions alongside unlocking all skins from previous events. I mean it’s a win - win for alle players and in my opinion a good way to make many players happy at the same time, but I also understand your points, but we can’t have everything.

Yeah, for 3 days each instead of a full 3-week event

More like “we can’t have anything”.
It takes zero effort not to break something that works, but blizzard just went an extra mile to make their game even worse

4 Likes

I can’t wait to hear about other people having fun with new content I can’t and won’t experience until ow2 public beta (most likely) launches in some 3-4 months? sounds like compensation enough. Literally like why play the game. There’s no point.

My guess is that there will be 3 betas. The first closed one in May, the 2nd one in June / July and the 3rd open beta sometime in August / September after the last Remix Event.

Right so… hearing about other people having fun in a beta I can’t play until the open beta in 3-4 months :slight_smile:

The classic Blizzard move of “trust us it’ll be good but we are going to keep you in the dark about everything we do, but srsly it’ll be good!”

3 Likes

During the Archives event, we get 21-22 days in row of being able to play Archives missions.

Here, we get 9 days of those missions, which are spread out among 3 events that are months apart.

The PvE players who wait every single year for the Archives event are thoroughly getting screwed over by this. Not a win for those players at all. Go to the PvE discord and read about how outraged we are. It’s a middle finger from a dev team that does not give a s*** about us at all.

6 Likes

I know you’re being sarcastic, but I enjoy both playing and watching games.
Sure, actually playing is typically more fun, but seeing new possibilities is exciting to me and I can also enjoy seeing other people happy.

I’m fine with waiting my turn. And If I get tired of watching, then I have other games to play and things to do.

Life is full of experiences to enjoy. If Overwatch can’t be one of them for a while, at least there’s plenty of other things to do.

1 Like

Imagine what little future ow had if just kept on trucking, without the time to rework the game. An without such doomed the game to continue having the same issues that till this very day still driving people away.

1 Like

theyre not, theyre leaving LOL

1 Like

That’s fair. Unfortunately my old rx570 is barely hanging in there. GPUs are still to expensive right now sadge. I have tons of games I want to play instead of overwatch, mgs5, ff15, control, metro Exodus, project wingman, etc. and unfortunately I just can’t.

All I’m left with is playing overwatch. And look as harsh as I may have been I recognize part of it was having expectations too high. I don’t think it’s entirely my fault given their statements but whatever now I know I should just not expect literally anything until ow2.

Login in every once in a while to do the challenge skins and forget the game exists I guess until ow2.