So...more legendary skins this year than any other year...?

The guy who came up with that got a bonus.

And then they celebrated by firing 3 artists :rofl:.

$$$

1 Like

I wish they’d let you rescind your access and give it to someone else. I would probably only try it out for an hour or 2 before I toss it. They better hope I don’t get selected lol.

Im in a similar situation. My gpu is fine, but OW pvp is less fun for me now, so I only really log in for events. I even missed the last two due to not knowing.

If you have specific genre’sstyles in mind I can make some suggestions to hold you over until OW2.

The big problem that a lot of us have is that we HAVE been waiting, watching, playing other games, etc, just to have the rug pulled from under us, without any warning or possibility of feedback. Just comes across as a giant middle finger from the devs to the PvE community.

3 Likes

Been going through portal reloaded. Amazing game. Probably play katana zero or hades next. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This. I’ve waited for a whole year just to get this

2 Likes

we ask for so little and we cant even get that lol

I’ve been waiting for OW2 as well.
And I’ve already said I like the event PVE, so I’m not happy that I dont get to play it as much.

But I don’t believe I’ve had the rug pullout from under me.

Previously we had older events redone, a few 100% new skins, and 0 OW2 content.

Now we have modified events, a bunch of revamped skins, an unknown number of unannounced new skins, and new OW2 content.

I admit that they’re still putting most of their resources into OW2, but now we can actually see the game and are getting relatively frequent updates on what they’re doing and why. Even if we don’t like all the decisions, what they’ve said so far is reasonable.

Wow, an “open” beta for streamers and “content creators”, I’m so excited

1 Like

Hopefully that will make them think twice before starting to work on OW3.

Me, too!

But just so you know, there’s a signup page to potentially get you closed beta access!
Even if you don’t make it in this time there will be more closed betas, open betas, and finally the release of OW2 pvp!
Let’s go, dudes!

1 Like

Don’t care
Call me when they deliver on their promise and release PvE content insted of taking it away

2 Likes

I don’t have your number and I’m too shy to ask uwu
[yes I am doing some light trolling]

I mean I doubt their would be an OW3, the only reason OW2 exists is because:

A. PVP had some long running issues in structure that was making it bleed players left and right.

Such as but not limited to tanks feeling weak without communication/ designated tank combo’s. Do to the necessary balance need to maintain the game because of said combo’s.

And…

B. the sheer amount of Stuns specifically, creating multiple sitautions of chain stuns. On top of interactions they have tanks, making them a tad to much for them to play around. At least outside of coordinated combo’s.

These combined make the role a tad to difficult, and can feel like they have no influence on the game. Where as in reality they are thee most influence role in the game, pace and comp wise.

With those issue reformated into a more free form format. Where fights don’t have that exactly that extra cushion of the off tank, but at the same time can get away with more basic combo’s. Because theirs not designated role made to stop them.

Basically it’s going to pretty open for any on player to pop-off, even the likes of the supports. Especially when ana is 110 damage a shot.

Of course PVE is also a big aspect of this change, which is to draw back in players of more the more single player/MMo style games.

that came to OW in the first place.

So unless theirs a big need for their be a third branch in the OW tree, like an additional VR game or something. then I think they most likely wouldn’t need to make one.

The pvp changes feels like an afterthought and isn’t going to fix much. If they wanted a better pvp they would have started a new game with completely new heroes and everything.

The PvE seems like the only redeeming factor but looks like there hasn’t been much progress on that front either so I am going to guess making a sequel was all about the cash grab.

I mean I listed most of the tank related changes already but in short. The lack of hard stuns makes tanking a lot more consistent and fluid, the same goes to any slow squishy hero that doesn’t have a dodge/deflect button built into their kit. The fact that tanks are decoupled from Combo’s now, meaning that they can be balanced as individaul tanks. And not as on half of a broken Meta defining comp, that had to nerfed for the game to run smoothly.

Also the obvious one of having half the tanks per game, leading to double the amount of games available to DPS players to que into. Thus removing the major bottle neck that people screaming 2-2-2 dooms day keep pointing out.

Considering the amount of reworks and restructures they more or less doing just that, and without having to shrink the rooster size, and or push the game out even further down the line by having to make an additional 20+ heroes from scratch.

That and you know everyone’s skin collections will move forward, while at the same time still play all the classic maps and game modes one way or another.

I mean I hate to break it to you, but most of the development is behind the scenes. And well in many cases in constant flux content and structure wise. Like it’s definitely been put on hold to push PVP out at the moment.

but like they have been working on it for years now, and usually what they show off is a fraction of what they actually completed. Or at the very least what they polished off enough to look finalized. As most art assets tend to be one of latter things they add to the game.

1 Like

Oh, my bleeding heart(!) :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

THIS GAME HAS A FUTURE, AND I FEEL REBORN.
Keep us informed like you’re doing and keep working on this incredible project.

I feel optimistic about the game and its recovery.

Best wishes

Legendary skins from those challenges might not return, that would leave 9 epics total (13-4). That would cover exactly all the 9 weeks for these remix events.

Just a thought

Lemme know

Ba bay xoxo

Ah, good point. I didn’t recognize that some skins were epic and some were legendary. With that in consideration and speculating they still go in chronological release order:
Vol 2 would have Mardi Gras (Ashe), Comic Book (Tracer), and Marammat (Symmetra)
Vol 3 would have Kyōgisha (Hanzo), Pachimari (Roadhog), and Sandstorm (Cassidy)

And that makes it especially uncertain if they will bring back the legendary ones in any capacity beyond a potential white-remix version.